I'd Like To Encourage

Started by Is Friday, February 21, 2009, 02:50:09 PM

Clothing is a matter of the boss and character's personal choice.  I've had clanned character who refused to wear anything but the colors and others who were very lax about their look.  Situation and rp dependent.  I think its best just to trust people to handle something like this.

Quote from: Armageddon OverviewIt does not mean that Armageddon is for people who revel masochistically in abuse. We have created this harsh world with the idea that the heart of narrative lies in conflict and dealing with hardship. The point of the world is not to allow a few overachieving players to boost their egos at the expense of the rest of the players; on the contrary, we hope that players will find in the harsh, unforgiving reality of Armageddon a great deal of freedom in which to explore the narrative of the world and, even more importantly, the nuances of its characters and the stories played out there.

I so agree with this.

It's about survival and dealing with hardship. In other words, it's not against documentation to be nice to each other! If you really want it rough, play as an elf.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

I feel like taking some times out to write at least a few kudos that I think are long overdue.

I'd like to encourage everyone to write at least one kudo today.
Kudos are the warm fuzzies of Armageddon, and we could all use a few more of those.

*ducks out of the way of staff-thrown boots*

QuoteKudos     (General)

Kudos are a form of thanks you can grant to another player or a staff member for something they do that you perceive as kind or as an improvement to the game or atmosphere. Kudos can be submitted through the request tool, which is available at http://www.armageddon.org/request

In order to get a kudo resolved in a rapid time, it is very helpful to have the character's name (as you know it) and the character's short description.

QuoteRequest Type: Game Related -- Player Kudos

Use this to convey your appreciation for an Armageddon player in any specific or general way. Please include the sdesc, in addition to the name, of the person you are providing kudos to. Many players have a the same name and so the sdesc will help ensure we send your kudos to the right person. Finally, please write more than one line for a kudos. Simply telling someone "Nice job!" means little when you could be saying, specifically, what you think they did a good job doing.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I recently received a player kudos. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  ;D
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on July 01, 2009, 04:22:30 PM
I recently received a player kudos. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  ;D

Same here. And I had been feeling neglected, too. It inspired me to send out some myself.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: jcljules on July 01, 2009, 04:23:57 PM
Same here. And I had been feeling neglected, too. It inspired me to send out some myself.

I find this to be true. Too often I say "Man that was a really good, natural emote from X person that doesn't normally do that." or "That was an AMAZING scene." but end up just doing nothing about it. LazyPlayerSyndrome.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Some player kudos I got convinced me to come back to the game after a sizeable hiatus. Having a blast now.
Kudos are good. Send them. You may receive monkeys in return.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: SMuz on June 28, 2009, 06:56:19 AM
Quote from: Armageddon OverviewIt does not mean that Armageddon is for people who revel masochistically in abuse.

Wait, since when?
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I'd like to encourage people to remember that characters are played by people who often read the GDB. So talking about particular clans is either mean if you've been paying attention to recent PCs in them, or just ignorant if you haven't been. :P Please take that in a general sense.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

I'd like more people in the south to use the private tables at the Gaj.  Form cliques.  Set boundaries.  Exclude people.  Brawl over tables.  Like a middle-school lunchroom with live weaponry.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Morrolan on July 23, 2009, 06:16:19 AM
I'd like more people in the south to use the private tables at the Gaj.  Form cliques.  Set boundaries.  Exclude people.  Brawl over tables.  Like a middle-school lunchroom with live weaponry.

But.. my character doesn't have any friends..
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

I'd like to encourage players to double-check their tdescs and to reset them after mudsex.

Please.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

I'd like to encourage more cum-stained aides.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: spicemustflow on August 11, 2009, 07:02:46 AM
Saw a cum stained aide?

Considering how crazy a PC's love life tends to get in Arm, you realize it could be -anything- that is expelled from the body.  :o

People roleplaying out travel realistically.

Quote from: el_cid on September 29, 2009, 10:16:04 PM
People roleplaying out travel realistically.

Realistic travel:

eeeeeeesssseeeeesssssseesesssswwswsssw

A pc is here.

s

think Oh!

n

l pc

ssseeeesseeeeesss

I'd like to encourage people to punctuate their sentences.

Arm is not like other muds that automatically capitalise and punctuate for you.

It's not that hard to add it on your own, and it looks so much nicer when you do. Please?  :'(
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Fathi on September 29, 2009, 10:59:50 PM

It's not that hard to add it on your own, and it looks so much nicer when you do. Please?  :'(

wut r u talking bout fathi

am i not doin it rite

brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Quote from: Fathi on September 29, 2009, 10:59:50 PM

Faithi is right.  Always.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Adding to the "know your place" posts:   I'd like to encourage people to stay unclanned for a bit then become so supper excited when even _considered_ for an elite house position!   Full time employment?  Gear?  Safe place to sleep?  Food?  WATER?!  I mean come on!!!  That's HUGE!! 

I'd like to encourage new nobles to go around w/o gloves for awhile -- easier to spot those rings = more realistic response from PCs

Finally, I'd like to encourage more use of the tea house
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

So clan X is riding along, and they stop to rest mounts. People start looking over things on their mounts, mostly just making sure nothing fell off or whatever I suppose for roleplay purposes.

So I'm seeing five or six versions of "The manly scarred man dude looks over the things strapped to a war beetle."

And then:
You notice: A war beetle looks over the things strapped to the tressy tressed woman.

I laughed aloud for a good long while after seeing that. I want to encourage imms for moar of this kind of thing. And to say how fun they've been lately.

I had a boulder shift under my weight as I set on it not to long ago.. it gave me warm fuzzies all over.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Sandstone on October 01, 2009, 07:50:13 AM
So clan X is riding along, and they stop to rest mounts. People start looking over things on their mounts, mostly just making sure nothing fell off or whatever I suppose for roleplay purposes.

So I'm seeing five or six versions of "The manly scarred man dude looks over the things strapped to a war beetle."

And then:
You notice: A war beetle looks over the things strapped to the tressy tressed woman.

I laughed aloud for a good long while after seeing that. I want to encourage imms for moar of this kind of thing. And to say how fun they've been lately.

I had a weird keyword mishap recently where another character was strapping something to their mount, and the echo I got was:

The other guy straps you to their beastie. That was pretty funny.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I like hearing about players getting random interaction from On High.  It doesn't seem to ever happen to me.   :(
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.