I'd Like To Encourage

Started by Is Friday, February 21, 2009, 02:50:09 PM

Oh, cool. I actually didn't know if it did or not.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

I rarely sniff people. 95% of them smell like dust and sweat anyway. I was very tempted to sniff poop sometimes, but I'm afraid that it would get stuck on my character's nose or something.

I'd like to encourage some of you wearing perfume to sometimes casually put it in an emote, e.g. :As @ leans in towards ~man, her strong perfume wafts through the air.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on May 21, 2009, 06:26:24 PM
I rarely sniff people. 95% of them smell like dust and sweat anyway. I was very tempted to sniff poop sometimes, but I'm afraid that it would get stuck on my character's nose or something.

I'd like to encourage some of you wearing perfume to sometimes casually put it in an emote, e.g. :As @ leans in towards ~man, her strong perfume wafts through the air.

hemote is a perfume-wearer's friend.

Quote from: SMuz on May 21, 2009, 06:26:24 PM

For the record: perfume, dust, and sweat are not the only things that people can smell of. ;)
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

No one in their right mind would voluntarily sniff a Bynner, so that scent is lost entirely. ;)

Involuntary action is still an action.

I would like to encourage everybody in the game. I have been having one of the best times EVAR interacting with you recently.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on May 21, 2009, 09:45:06 PM
For the record: perfume, dust, and sweat are not the only things that people can smell of. ;)

I sniffed a dungsweeping Bynner once. I was very disappointed when he smelled like dust and sweat despite having shit-covered armor.
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on May 25, 2009, 02:13:12 PM
I sniffed a dungsweeping Bynner once. I was very disappointed when he smelled like dust and sweat despite having shit-covered armor.

Yeah, the smell that PCs get for doing that wears off pretty quick, but the "smelly" tag is permanent until you get your stuff cleaned.

I think elves should refer to half-elves as "half-humans". It's a bit odd when an elf refers to one as a 'half-skinny'.

Quote from: SMuz on June 06, 2009, 12:34:19 PM
I think elves should refer to half-elves as "half-humans". It's a bit odd when an elf refers to one as a 'half-skinny'.

Elves are proud of being what they are.  For one to call someone a half-skinny would be an insult.  But then calling them half-roundear would be an insult as well.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!

Yeah, I mean, it's like more of "half of the other race". Most humans wouldn't admit to the half-elf being of the same race as them.

I endorse this post.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on June 06, 2009, 12:58:03 PM

I endorse this post.

A human calling a half-elf a half-human might be a sort of compliment.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

A less slavish attachment to the colours of your employer.

Come on, people! You can wear more than two colours. I promise it won't hurt.

Quote from: Prodikus on June 26, 2009, 10:38:14 AM

People to, when possible, wear off-duty clothes when they're off-duty. :)
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Come on, people! You can wear more than two colours. I promise it won't hurt.

On Zalanthas, being employed by a noble or merchant House is something most folks would take a great deal of pride in.  Wearing your House's colors does a few things: 1) it shows your employers that you are proud of your position in the House, and that you take your job seriously; 2) it signals to the average commoner that you are better than they are; 3) it signals to professional criminals that you aren't merely "free game," because a greater power  has a vested interest in your well-being; 4) it signals to authority figures that "this person is someone I probably shouldn't waste my time harassing;" 5) it signals to potential mates that you are someone who "has it made," by Zalanthan standards.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I'd like to encourage role-playing real emotions! It's super fun, I've found. Having spastic panic attacks because you are in a cruel city far from home and found out you have no friends and no jobs and no one likes you because you're... not from there... that's scary! Play like you're homesick, play like you're close to pissing your pants when someone catches you and locks you up. Scream at someone until your throat is raw, whip your subordinates. Get a giddy smile that spreads from ear to ear, be transparent. There're only so many psychopaths in the real world, so everyone shouldn't be a psychopath in Zalanthas. Pretend like things happen while you are not logged in. Drool over a buff guy, humor old ladies. Just... have fun, because it is a game, and the purpose should be to provide fun for yourself, and anyone around you.

Oh, and don't be baby-killers, unless you are a necker or a gemmer. Then by all means!

Quote from: brytta.leofa on June 26, 2009, 12:16:23 PM

People to, when possible, wear off-duty clothes when they're off-duty. :)

I did that once. One guy yelled at my character when he wasn't wearing his uniform on his day off.

Quote from: SMuz on June 27, 2009, 12:25:47 AM
I did that once. One guy yelled at my character when he wasn't wearing his uniform on his day off.

That's because between odd play times and limited hours in general, no one is ever really off duty.

Not to mention changing  clothes is a pain in the butt.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Quote from: Dalmeth on June 27, 2009, 03:38:03 AM
Quote from: SMuz on June 27, 2009, 12:25:47 AM

That's because between odd play times and limited hours in general, no one is ever really off duty.

Not to mention changing  clothes is a pain in the butt.

The last time a character of mine tried to change his clothes, his pants were stolen from his inventory before I had time to emote the process of him slipping them on.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

You don't always have to get the last word Nyr.

Quote from: Synthesis on June 26, 2009, 02:17:51 PM
On Zalanthas, being employed by a noble or merchant House is something most folks would take a great deal of pride in.  Wearing your House's colors does a few things: 1) it shows your employers that you are proud of your position in the House, and that you take your job seriously; 2) it signals to the average commoner that you are better than they are; 3) it signals to professional criminals that you aren't merely "free game," because a greater power  has a vested interest in your well-being; 4) it signals to authority figures that "this person is someone I probably shouldn't waste my time harassing;" 5) it signals to potential mates that you are someone who "has it made," by Zalanthan standards.
Abso-fucking-lutely.

If you want to join clans that do not tend towards a 'slavish attachment' to colors, there are a good many of them out there. Those clans where everybody wears the same colors probably have some creed on the subject. As to why, again, see Syn's post, above.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

It should be a matter of pride to wear the clan's colors..but it should -also- be a matter of pride, to have enough fashion sense that you can mix and match, coordinate and contrast, with flair. One doesn't need to see a Lirathan wearing head-to-toe white, to know she's a Lirathan, and proud of being a Lirathan. In my mind, it shows lack of imagination, more than pride. It says to me, "This person has no idea what works with white, OR is sociopathically obsessed for some reason, which makes her scary, by virtue of her wardrobe alone."

There are people who wear actual uniforms..and yeah changing for your 1-day-off-per-week which amounts to 1 RL hour per day..is insanity.

But if you aren't required to wear a uniform, or your uniform consists only of one or two items, why -not- mix and match? Why -not- change shit up now and then? Maybe even just simple things..instead of head-to-toe crimson, why not add a dash of black in a pair of pants, and a silver stud in your ear, maybe some moonstone bracelets and matching buttons on your shirt. It all goes great with crimson, but it also breaks up the monotony. The only image I get when I see people wearing head-to-toe anything, are soldiers, and pimps.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.