Plants changes

Started by Halcyon, February 20, 2009, 08:54:33 PM

Thanks for the changes to the plants.  The syntax for the ones I have run into today have been much simpler, and have supplied some pleasant opportunities for research.
Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiiiiine.

You're welcome.

For those who haven't run into this, I've been making some invisible plants visible, virtual plants un-virtual, and transferring more plants to the 'pick <object> plant' system rather than containers.  Work in progress.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

Ah, I see. Had no idea what Halcyon was talking about, at first.

Thanks!

:)
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Yes, thank you vanth.

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Wow, that's NIFTY!

I'm really glad trees arn't containers anymore. You won't BELIEVE the stuff I've found in trees... I mean, a chair? REALLY!?
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Ha! A chair in a tree is pretty strange...

...I like the changes I've read about.  Haven't gotten to check them out just yet but will provide feedback soon enough.

Awesome. Now I have the urge to make a ranger.

Work much appreciated, Vanth.  Always been a little nuance that could get irritating. :)
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I'm loving everything that I'm coming across.

:)
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Now that we have more plantlife, I'd like to see perfumes looked at like seasonings were, as far as being able to craft more of them with the new plantlife.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

That is planned for the future.

Quote from: Vanth on February 26, 2009, 01:01:54 PM
That is planned for the future.

Don't forget sensitive masculine scents!

Also, LOVE all the changes and so forth. Many thanks.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Quote from: Vessol on February 22, 2009, 11:20:56 PM
Awesome. Now I have the urge to make a ranger.

I've always loved playing with the herb helpfile docs, I'm so happy it's represented in the world now. It's a whole new facet of the game to explore that was widely ignored.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Hey Vanth, have you made any changes to what items can be brewed or not? As there is a particular item I've picked off of a plant that could be brewed even a week ago, I think, and can no longer be done. I've bugged it in game, but thought it might just have to do with the changes you've made. Any idea? Or do I need to be more specific with the item I picked?
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Rock on.

I like what I've seen so far.  I stumbled upon a few plants I had no idea were there before (they were containers in the room previously).  I've not tested out the ability of watering plants yet, but will give it a try sooner or later.  Maybe I'll make a plant-loving dwarf.

Woohoo, 777 posts.

I've had a front-row seat to the ongoing growing and the appearance of certain plants lately.

All I have to say is, it's much appreciated, and keep up the good work.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

Quote from: Twilight on February 26, 2009, 12:55:22 PM
Now that we have more plantlife, I'd like to see perfumes looked at like seasonings were, as far as being able to craft more of them with the new plantlife.

This goes for floristry, too... the red-headed stepchild of crafting skills.  Will staff currently take recipes for the new plant products?
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: elvenchipmunk on February 26, 2009, 06:46:35 PM
Hey Vanth, have you made any changes to what items can be brewed or not? As there is a particular item I've picked off of a plant that could be brewed even a week ago, I think, and can no longer be done. I've bugged it in game, but thought it might just have to do with the changes you've made. Any idea? Or do I need to be more specific with the item I picked?

Yes, there is one item, and will be a few more, that will not be valid for brewing anymore.  On the other hand, there are a number of new or previously not findable objects that can replace the ones I remove.

Quote from: Ourla on February 27, 2009, 01:34:36 PM

This goes for floristry, too... the red-headed stepchild of crafting skills.  Will staff currently take recipes for the new plant products?

Please wait until a staff member posts a request for submissions. I am still busily going through all the plants, checking out their scents, tastes, and descriptions, and seeing what seems like it would be good for which purpose.

Quote from: Vanth on February 27, 2009, 03:34:02 PM
Quote from: elvenchipmunk on February 26, 2009, 06:46:35 PM

Yes, there is one item, and will be a few more, that will not be valid for brewing anymore.  On the other hand, there are a number of new or previously not findable objects that can replace the ones I remove.

Just to clarify, I didn't feel that this particular item was something that you could effectively crush with a mortar/pestle.

Aye a Physician's wet dream...wet plant dream...For you physicians and rangers that love to sit around a tweak your herbs. Excellent work you all.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Shalooonsh took this on.

03/12/2009: 10 scent messages for new perfumes -- Shalooonsh
03/12/2009: 10 vials of perfume for new scents -- Shalooonsh

Those are all craftable by florists, too.  And while they will occasionally randomly load on the current perfume-sellers, you'll want a PC crafter in order to make a regular supply.

March 13, 2009, 06:01:36 PM #23 Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 06:05:50 PM by Twilight
Awesome.

And now that we have more plantlife (and perfumes), I'd like to see soaps looked at like seasonings (and perfumes) were, as far as being able to craft more of them with the new plantlife (and perfumes).

Heh.

edited to add:

I'd even be willing to write up a few if you run out of unwilling volunteers.  Although I would rather have someone else do them so I could discover them.

And maybe the couple of soap recipes that make no sense whatsoever could be fixed too.

Quote from: Vanth on March 13, 2009, 03:51:23 PM
Those are all craftable by florists, too.

Aaaawesome.  Have florists always been able to make perfumes?  I don't remember seeing perfume recipes in the florist helpfile before now.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.