A change to Allanaki Markets

Started by DustMight, February 17, 2009, 08:58:37 AM

A change I long for in Allanak is to have the merchant house offices and barracks and everything integrated in with the market area.  I remember in old Tuluk there were offices above the shops and you could watch (virtually, I think - don't know if coded windows were available at that time) the comings and goings in the marketplace.

It would make the business areas seem much busier and help collect people together in one area rather than have the these huge estates way the heck off yonder.

And speaking of estates, I would love to see each GMH have one and one only.  Salarr in the south (it was a southern-based house, if one remembers) Kadius in the north and Kurac in Luir's.  Doing this would not only bring the size of the estates down to reasonable (just below noble) level, but would give the traveling merchants a real feel of being away from home. 

These are dreams, but they are mine.

I really like the ideas here. Also, I would like to see the price of the goods away from the city-state of the GMH's home base increase to compensate for the shipping and risks.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Fair enough. I think that's a great idea.

What do we do with the new-found real-estate?  We add more commoner slums and alleys. 

Or it could be tangled up in a future plotline, the ruined hulls of the GMH's left as ruins because it's more cost efficient, they could be made public access and the same quit and save rooms there are now could stay as quit/save rooms. Let teh commoners fight over them. Unless there would be a longish period of building associated with the creation of the slums/alleys. Plus, it would give a lead-in for the lack of GMH's in Arm 2.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on February 17, 2009, 09:57:16 AM
Or it could be tangled up in a future plotline, the ruined hulls of the GMH's left as ruins because it's more cost efficient, they could be made public access and the same quit and save rooms there are now could stay as quit/save rooms. Let teh commoners fight over them. Unless there would be a longish period of building associated with the creation of the slums/alleys. Plus, it would give a lead-in for the lack of GMH's in Arm 2.

PC Gang hangouts... bring on the mafia.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on February 17, 2009, 09:46:43 AM
I really like the ideas here. Also, I would like to see the price of the goods away from the city-state of the GMH's home base increase to compensate for the shipping and risks.

Certain armours/weapons/items/gems/clothing and so on from respective cities and materials associated with them are very different in price depending on where you order them from. Penalizing the north because Salarr is a southern house would just be.. merh.
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

I think a more IC way for them to handle is to force the clans to pay an actual higher tax for estates and stuff.. that way the clans will be forced to shut down and evacuate any estates that aren't making any money unless there's a powerful player presence there. And the prices follow the active PCs in the area - would be a good experiment for the player-based economy of 2.Arm.

Heh, irony is that the northern Salarr goods seem to be quite a bit cheaper than the southern ones.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

It's common knowledge that after the recent Senate meeting in Allanak, taxes on the GMHs were raised.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!

Quote from: SMuz on February 17, 2009, 11:10:57 AM
I think a more IC way for them to handle is to force the clans to pay an actual higher tax for estates and stuff.. that way the clans will be forced to shut down and evacuate any estates that aren't making any money unless there's a powerful player presence there. And the prices follow the active PCs in the area - would be a good experiment for the player-based economy of 2.Arm.

Heh, irony is that the northern Salarr goods seem to be quite a bit cheaper than the southern ones.

That is because 90% of the hides used to make the goods come from creatures in the north. Also this::

Quote from: Niamh on February 17, 2009, 11:37:35 AM
It's common knowledge that after the recent Senate meeting in Allanak, taxes on the GMHs were raised.

The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.