Refillable Irrig Beetle Staves

Started by Akoto, February 14, 2009, 10:02:50 PM

Hi there,

With the recent improvements to certain subterranean environments, I had a thought about irrig lamp staves. They eventually burn out, like torches, yet they are quite a bit more expensive to replace. Could they possibly be refillable, maybe by an NPC or by being able to forage/insert irrig beetles?

It seems like something feasible. Nothing actually happens to the lamp staff, I assume, when it eventually burns out. It's just that the beetles inside croak. :)

Well, I don't know where your character that has an irrig beetle staff is going to find irrig beetles to replace the ones that died.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

February 14, 2009, 11:38:14 PM #2 Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 11:52:02 PM by Akoto
Quote from: spawnloser on February 14, 2009, 11:31:05 PM
Well, I don't know where your character that has an irrig beetle staff is going to find irrig beetles to replace the ones that died.

Neither do I, but an NPC provider might. :)

At the risk of saying something too in-character, these staves are sold in an underground area, so I assume there must be some source. It just doesn't seem sensible to throw away a wooden staff topped with glass (uncommon in its own right) just because the beetles died. It's still a useful tool.

This is very neat.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Actually, I do know of a location to find irrig beetles.  I don't know why there are irrig beetle staves or why they're sold where they are unless there is another source, however.  Perhaps there should be, if there isn't and perhaps there should be a way to re-irrig the staves.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: spawnloser on February 15, 2009, 12:00:00 AM
Actually, I do know of a location to find irrig beetles.  I don't know why there are irrig beetle staves or why they're sold where they are unless there is another source, however.  Perhaps there should be, if there isn't and perhaps there should be a way to re-irrig the staves.

Made me think of a new job for either city, basically like catching fire-flies or something. PCs could capture these little irrig beetles, sell them, etc, etc.
Majikal Quote:
"I  came in a girls hair products when she was too drunk to finish blowing me... she still doesn't know. We're still friends."

Quote from: PerpetualPatriot on February 15, 2009, 12:57:25 AM
Made me think of a new job for either city, basically like catching fire-flies or something. PCs could capture these little irrig beetles, sell them, etc, etc.
I dig that.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on February 15, 2009, 01:15:33 AM
I dig that.

You see (insert pc desc here)  run after an irrig beetle.

(insert pc desc here) Moves his hands around the irrig beetle carefully.

(insert pc desc here) squishes an irrig beetle in his hands, leaving a glowing goo on his hands.

(insert pc desc here) says: So...that's why momma told me not to play with myself.

;D
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

Quote from: Gagula on February 15, 2009, 01:50:28 AM
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on February 15, 2009, 01:15:33 AM
I dig that.

You see (insert pc desc here)  run after an irrig beetle.

(insert pc desc here) Moves his hands around the irrig beetle carefully.

(insert pc desc here) squishes an irrig beetle in his hands, leaving a glowing goo on his hands.

(insert pc desc here) says: So...that's why momma told me not to play with myself.

;D

HAHAH!!!!!!!!!!
Majikal Quote:
"I  came in a girls hair products when she was too drunk to finish blowing me... she still doesn't know. We're still friends."