Force Wear

Started by Is Friday, February 07, 2009, 07:59:50 PM

You should be able to force paralyzed/stunned victims (if they are subdued,) to wear something or raise their hood, etc. Do whatever basically with their clothing as is worn or not worn.

Yes no? Discuss!
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

This would make getting your fellow Bynners to pass out on firebreather even more worthwhile.

force wear sarge tutu
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Yeah, if you can pull clothes off people you should definitely be able to put them on.

force wear thread sealofapproval

Yes, definitely. Also, force wear on dead bodies, so you can put the boots back on them if you don't like them. Or like take some coins from a belt and put the belt back on.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on February 07, 2009, 08:31:17 PM
Yes, definitely. Also, force wear on dead bodies, so you can put the boots back on them if you don't like them. Or like take some coins from a belt and put the belt back on.

You can already do this.

Should this "force wear" work with things from the subduer's inventory, or the unfortunate victim?  I guess it's a moot point, because you can Steal from the unconscious one, but it's something to consider.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

This would also work well for things like... someone sees two cloaked figures off in the distance, fighting. They hide, but keep looking into the distance every once in a while to see what is going on. Cloaked figure A crumples to the ground. Cloaked figure B would then be able to switch their clothing with the corpse or KO'd figure. The next time the on looker glances over they see Figure A standing.

Also, if a cloaked figure gets killed. They should still show as "the tall figure in a distressed vintage-denim cloak", not their sdesc, until said cloak is removed. And items shouldn't go "inside" the body, you should be able to see them on the wear locs. /derail

Quote from: Winterless on February 07, 2009, 08:42:54 PM
Also, if a cloaked figure gets killed. They should still show as "the tall figure in a distressed vintage-denim cloak", not their sdesc, until said cloak is removed. And items shouldn't go "inside" the body, you should be able to see them on the wear locs. /derail

Unless you cut them open and use them as storage. O:

Quote from: Ashes on February 07, 2009, 08:41:50 PM
Quote from: SMuz on February 07, 2009, 08:31:17 PM

You can already do this.
You can? I always get some kind of "there is no space on the body" message or something.
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on February 07, 2009, 08:44:50 PM
Quote from: Winterless on February 07, 2009, 08:42:54 PM

Unless you cut them open and use them as storage. O:

Why is Star Wars Episode VI going through my head?  :D
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

Quote from: Winterless on February 07, 2009, 09:43:29 PM
Couple this with force feed/drink
You can't force someone to eat something, they'll just choke. You can pour a small amount of liquid down a throat, however, if you keep the pace very slow.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Force wear would make me a very happy panda.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Is Friday on February 08, 2009, 12:53:47 AM
Quote from: Winterless on February 07, 2009, 09:43:29 PM
Couple this with force feed/drink
You can't force someone to eat something, they'll just choke. You can pour a small amount of liquid down a throat, however, if you keep the pace very slow.

Yes you can force someone to eat something... albeit something small, like a tablet, for instance.

It should be a physician skill or something.. fail the check and they choke or vomit it out. Then you'll have these people in the Byn practicing force feed after unarmed training against a half-giant ;)