Population Landslide.

Started by Ouch., May 29, 2003, 07:22:02 PM

It seems the peak population has taken a rather bad spill in the last month!  I've gone from seeing about 60 to 70 people on at 8pm Pacific time to 30 to 40 people!  You students busy with finals?  Have people just lost interest in ARM?  Whats goin' on!?!?

Well, obviously we haven't, because we're reading your post.
I've noticed the drop in players myself, actually.  It's odd, though, that the place that I'm in seems just as busy as always.

Its so very very odd that the board population seems to be increasing steadily, yet our player base is crumbling.  I suspect its the time of year.  Who knows.  I can only hope we get it back up to 70 players.  70 is such a perfect number.  I'm such an insecure bastard.

School's out for summer.  Armageddon's playerbase is largely consistent of undergrads and older high-school students, who usually find other things to do than sit in a computer lab during the summer.  Players seem to be still here, just playing less frequently, or at different times than before.  At least, that's my take on the situation.

-Shinigami, Census (Tax) Taker of Tektolnes
Quote from: DeliriumA hunched shinigami prowls around here, gnashing its teeth.

I'd be pretty sure it's because of finals week. ;)

I think players are being abducted and Immortalized.
its an epidemic! :D just kidding

"Have people just lost interest in ARM?"

This happened to me for a couple of months, but now I am back, and possibly for the long-term, provided the game captivates me once again. I'm pretty sure that other players go through "phases" where they feel burnt out as well, from time to time. Maybe we're having a massive fuse failure?

"I think players are being abducted and Immortalized. "

That too. :)

Ghardoan

This also irks me...The amount of good roleplaying is thinning out too.  I've seen some in game grammer in the past couple of weeks that makes me want to smash my screen.  Damnit!  Roleplayers, come back!

Numbers always drop somewhat in the summer. It's unfortuante but true. All the more reason to go out and recruit new players, heh.

On the plus side, the occasional victim of fallout on another MUD winds up with a new home.  I like Arm.  So far so good, anway.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]