Sunback lizards are really, really slow.

Started by Good Gortok, February 04, 2009, 03:52:11 AM

I'd like sunbacks to get just a bit more love.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Yeah, beetles only weigh about 500 stone, too.

So that's half a ton, not a ton.

vs. 10-13 tons.  20-26 x the mass.

Totally implausible scenario.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on February 09, 2009, 10:00:09 PM
Yeah, beetles only weigh about 500 stone, too.

So that's half a ton, not a ton.

vs. 10-13 tons.  20-26 x the mass.

Totally implausible scenario.

Hmmm.....unless said beetle had a rocket pack......or a highly skilled rider.  After all, in Earth's own history, elephant fortresses were taken out by riders on horse back.....and that's fact, not fiction, so who's to say that a GAME couldn't oh, i don't know, say bend the rules a tad bit.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

February 10, 2009, 12:05:45 AM #53 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 12:11:11 AM by Zalanthan
Quote from: Gagula on February 09, 2009, 11:06:09 PMAfter all, in Earth's own history, elephant fortresses were taken out by riders on horse back

Marshals of ancient battlefields were known to deploy lit war pigs against elephants, as cavalry were ineffective (as the Macedonians learned). I only mention it to bring the bizarre tactic the attention it deserves.  ;)

Yeah, generalizing a tactic used against a generally docile herbivore to use against a ferocious beast that regularly feasts on worms with a diameter twice the height of your average human...probably not such a good idea.

An elephant might get spooked by a horse charging at it.  A mekillot thinks, "Hmm, dinner.  And I don't even have to chase it."
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Per chance.....but maybe all Mekillots have that secret desire to keep their nails clean of squished Beetles....lol
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein