Lasting effects from poison go away while logged out?

Started by RogueGunslinger, February 02, 2009, 09:58:30 PM

It'd be cool, what with being drunk while logged out going away now, if some of the lasting effects from poison would diminish realistically too.

February 02, 2009, 09:59:47 PM #1 Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:18:18 PM by Qzzrbl
If you're cool with dying while logged out, I don't see why not.

I can definitely see someone logging into the game and it says "Please make a character" and the GDB goes up in flames while Imm inboxes are flooded with spam
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

You get drunk voluntarily.  Poison is either from an accident or an assassination, and thus I think you need to deal with it while online.

In fact, maybe you shouldn't even be allowed to quit while poisoned.   :P

February 03, 2009, 12:12:41 PM #5 Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 12:25:58 PM by RogueGunslinger
Edit: Hmmm, perhaps I should have said "lingering effects" instead of lasting.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on February 03, 2009, 11:59:02 AM
You get drunk voluntarily.  Poison is either from an accident or an assassination, and thus I think you need to deal with it while online.

In fact, maybe you shouldn't even be allowed to quit while poisoned.   :P

I was thinking the same thing.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Personally, having played someone that dealt with this sort of thing, I think that its a bad idea. People, when poisoned, could use "quit" to avoid death when it would have been obvious that their character had no chance of living. There have been some cases when I had poisoned someone, they break the rules of the game, watching a buddy of theirs log in to rescue them amongst other things. *shrugs* My headcount doubled that day.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on February 03, 2009, 11:59:02 AM
In fact, maybe you shouldn't even be allowed to quit while poisoned.   :P

You can also poison yourself by accident or voluntarily too, but I still like Marauder's idea.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Once again, I was speaking of the lingering affects of a certain poison, after said poison was cured. I wasn't very descriptive, and I certainly didn't use the proper words to describe what I was saying.

If the poison is still active in your system?  No.

If the poison was cured but you're still suffering the after-effects?  Sure, why not?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: spawnloser on February 05, 2009, 11:15:13 PM
If the poison is still active in your system?  No.

If the poison was cured but you're still suffering the after-effects?  Sure, why not?

Because the after-effects tend to make you extremely vulnerable, and there would be absolutely zero point in having after-effects coded at all if you could just log out and go play CoD4 to make them go away.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

By that logic, it wouldn't make any sense to have after-effects to being drunk.  Yes, I understand that drunk is chosen and poisoned is not, but it still makes no sense to have to log out and log in an IC month later and still be poisoned, no matter the cause.

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I think you'll have to resign yourself to the fact that not everything code-related is done strictly with internal consistency in mind.

I think YOU will have to resign yourself to the fact that people want internal consistency.

Hence the necessity of compromise.