High disarm skill sending weapons flying

Started by Flaming Ocotillo, May 29, 2003, 02:56:21 PM

Quote from: "Morgenes"FWIW, this exists in some form today, however you can't choose the direction it goes.  IMO, this is more than enough functionality for an already powerful ability.  Even one round without a weapon is a major disadvantage.

In my original post, I mentioned how knocking a weapon out of the room is less advantageous in some cases than just knocking it to the floor. If anything, I'd like to be able to control whether or not the weapon is going to fly into another room, or if it will stay in the same room, regardless of whether or not a direction can be chosen for the flying weapon. I realize this isn't an option that most people will ever use or see, so it'd be like, at the bottom of the priority list for coding, but I just wanted to throw out how this existing disarm code at high levels can make things less advantageous for the disarming warrior, when you consider the variables in my original post (the one from three years ago that starts the thread), and was looking for suggestions on how this might be improved.

With regard to disarming weapons to the 'up' direction, my personal experience has been this:

If the "up" direction is an "In the air" room (i.e. fly only), the weapon will fall back down.

If the "up" direction is a climb room, then the weapon will stick.

The same goes with throwing weapons and arrows...if you shoot at a buzzard in the sky, your missed shots will fall back down.  If you shoot at a buzzard perched on a cliff, your arrows will stay stuck on the cliff.

Again, this has been my personal experience.  There may or may not be rooms that behave differently, that I haven't seen.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.