Sun Drunk - Kruth Game

Started by DustMight, January 15, 2009, 02:51:33 AM

January 15, 2009, 02:51:33 AM Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:42:36 AM by DustMight
I was reading over a very old post of mine and decided to rework several Kruth games I put together.

Here's the first.  

"Sun Drunk"
===========
Objective:
To avoid drinking by balancing Sun and Water cards and to claim the Water of Life card and thus the pot.

Play:
The players ante, whatever amount they agree on.  

Each player is dealt three cards.  

Everyone reveals their cards.  

For each sun card in one's hand, one must take a drink, typically draining a cup that everyone shares.  

Each water card negates a sun card, thus with two sun cards and one water card, only one drink  must be taken.

Once all cards are revealed, all players still conscious ante again and receive a new card, retaining their original hand.  
Again sun and water cards are counted and drinks drunk.

Play continues in this fashion until someone receives the water of life card and thus wins the game.  
The winner claims the pot immediately while all other players must count sun and water cards as normal, drinking as necessary.

The winner then takes the deal.

Typically play continues for several hands, often leaving many of the gamers blind drunk and broke.  
A player who looses consciousness or refuses to drink forfeits his ante and must fold.

Example Hand:
Two sun cards, One water card: The player takes one drink.

Variants include:

"Sun Stoned"
Adding to the above rules, drawing a stone card requires a toke or snort of spice and wind cards negates stone.

Example Hand:
Two sun cards, Three stone cards, Two water cards and One wind card:
The player takes no drinks and must take two tokes or snorts of spice.

"Chips"  
More common in Allanak than Sun Stoned, Chips requires players to pay a penalty for each stone card received.  Generally the penalty is half the ante or some
preset amount.  Again, wind cards negate the stone cards.  When a player can not pay the penalty or ante, he must fold and forfeit his coin.

Example Hand:
Ante: 5 coins, penalty 2 coins (or some preset amount)
Two sun cards, One water card, Three stone cards and One wind card: the player must take one drink and pay 4 coins in penalty.

History and Background:
Played mostly by the common-caste, this game is often seen in the rougher taverns where hard drinking and loud disturbances are fairly commonplace.  
In private groups it is enjoyed as a social game setting the mood for lively conversation and much laughter.

Edit:
Formatting and clarifying.

Edit:
Clarified a few things.

I like Sun Drunk.  Going to roll a pickpocket/mercenary and get people to pass out before me.

I'm all in favor of new kruth games, though I prefer them to be more skill involved.

Quote from: UnderSeven on January 15, 2009, 10:44:39 AM
I'm all in favor of new kruth games, though I prefer them to be more skill involved.

Then you should submit some more awesome games.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

I think it's quite original and sounds fun to play.
A horde of Inix turn and stampede straight at you....KRATH!

I'll definitely try this, thanks.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Bumping this after some changes (mostly formatting to this one).

This is great, love seeing new Kruth games.

Quote from: Delirium on April 15, 2013, 11:32:48 AM
This is great, love seeing new Kruth games.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I think I'm missing something here. Where does the pot go? How is it distributed? How do you determine who "wins" a hand?
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on April 15, 2013, 05:02:57 PM
I think I'm missing something here. Where does the pot go? How is it distributed? How do you determine who "wins" a hand?

Play continues in this fashion until someone receives the water of life card and thus wins the game.