Those houses in the commons

Started by SMuz, January 14, 2009, 02:38:35 AM

Are all those run down houses near the commons abandoned? Is it fine for me to just hang around there and act as if it's an abandoned building? Or are they more like a common sleeping area, like in the taverns?
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on January 14, 2009, 02:38:35 AM
Are all those run down houses near the commons abandoned? Is it fine for me to just hang around there and act as if it's an abandoned building? Or are they more like a common sleeping area, like in the taverns?

I suspect some of those are private houses that burglars just broke into while practicing their lockpicking skizillz.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Some of them don't even have doors (I think). Most of them are pretty damn shabby, but the room desc doesn't say that there's anyone inside.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

All of these buildings and none of them occupied.  Is 'nak going through a housing crisis involving sub-prime mortgages?

Quote from: Ammut on January 14, 2009, 03:42:01 AM
All of these buildings and none of them occupied.  Is 'nak going through a housing crisis involving sub-prime mortgages?

I blame it on all those Borsails:  always pushing the Nenyukis to provide housing loans to slaves with no demonstrable income.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Thank you ... I lol'ed  ;D
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Synthesis, that was AWESOME!
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

Do not panic.

Rumor has it that Tek has revealed plans to stabilize and then revive the Allanaki economy, by pumping funds to the ailing Nenyuks, in a recent Senate Meeting.

Word is he will be selling his "a golden-rune-engraved codpiece" in the Black Market in the Rinth, to raise the needed obsidian.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Also, just released... Tek is going to be offering up to 5,000 'sid stimulus packages to help rebuild the economy and put more money back into businesses.

Quote from: SMuz on January 14, 2009, 02:38:35 AM

I think it's safe to say that they more decrepit, unlockable buildings are squats. They're probably occupied by families or gangs, and as long as those people remain they 'own' the building. Once they're gone, someone else moves in.

If the building has a good door and a lock, but only happens to be open, then I'd assume someone was just robbed or forgot to lock the door and will be back shortly.

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."