Backstab death

Started by drunkendwarf, January 08, 2009, 07:22:09 PM

If you're whacked in one go by a backstab, do you get any kind of echo?
I have reason to believe you don't - just standing there minding your own business, then a mantis head. With absolutely no echo/emote/anything in between.

I'm not saying you should see the sdesc of the person who backstabbed you to death, but some sort of echo would be appreciated.

I'm fairly certain you get an echo already, but if you don't, you should.

There is an echo.  It's unique.

There's also an unique echo when you throw a knife at someone, killing them.

Or when you kick someone to death.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

If you're dead, I don't think you should be the one noticing the echo. You're dead before you even know what hit you.

Heh, yeah. Maybe that's fair in other games, but not in a permadeath game where you suddenly drop for no reason and start bugging imms for a resurrection because you don't know what happened. For their own sake, I'm sure the imms would put an echo for it :P
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

In my experience, the only message that you the player get is:  "Your vision goes black."

I believe it's something to do with blood .... Don't want to ruin the actual echo though. When you get backstabbed, you will know it.

Sephiroto, I believe you're thinking of the 'sap' echo... which isn't an echo at all.
Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius. -Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Initiative, drive and willpower are the essence of its body.

Well, I meant you see "Your vision goes black." to any skill/spell that kills you or KO's you in one hit.  If it's instant you don't know what hit you, basically.  Obviously I don't care to test this on my own PC, but if you'd like to be my test subject send PM, hahaha.

Haha! Yeah right.
Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius. -Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Initiative, drive and willpower are the essence of its body.

There are several ways that this could happen, but predominantly it is because of a massive backstab landing. Everything else I can think of is find out IC info.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The assassin killed you -so- dead, -so- quickly, your character didn't even realize it.

;)

You have to wonder.. If your character dies so quickly that he doesn't realize he's dead, should the same be for your player?

> Flee s

You Flee, Running south.

>s;s;s;s;s
You travel south.
You travel south.
What?
What?
What?

>think What's going on?
You cannot do that here!

Who needs that *Beep* and the mantis head, anyways? You don't even know you're dead!
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

Heh, the health prompt will show that you're dead, though. And..
>l me
Your crumpled body lies here.

You feel a faint tugging.

Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: Xagon on January 11, 2009, 11:41:43 PM
You have to wonder.. If your character dies so quickly that he doesn't realize he's dead, should the same be for your player?

That's awesome.