If Zalanthas sent out an Elven Terminator...

Started by Incognito, January 07, 2009, 02:29:47 PM

If Zalanthas sent out an Elven Terminator, here's what his basic logic would be like:

Primary Objectives:
PO1 - Aquire fame/infamy
PO2 - Aquire wealth/possessions
PO3 - Aquire skills/talents/knowledge

Secondary Objectives:
SO - Can be anything, depending on the Model Type (tribe) and Make (guild) of the Terminator (elf).

Basic Functions:
BF1 - Sneak and Hide
BF2 - Lie and Cheat
BF3 - Eavesdrop and Spy
BF4 - Steal
BF5 - Fight/Kill
BF6 - Other talent(s)
BF7 - Flee

Subroutines:
S1 - Disregard all rules/orders/regulations from anyone who is not a Terminator of the same Model (tribe).
S2 - Put down anyone who is not a Terminator of the same Model (tribe).
S3 - Increase intensity of S1 and S2 for anyone who is not a Terminator (elf).

Override:
OV1 - Save your ass at all costs first - using any permutations/combinations of BF1 through BF7
OV2 - Save the asses of all other Terminators of the same Model (tribe), thereafter.

So, an example of a Terminator's mission could be something like this:

Start
PO2 - Break into Kadian Estate and aquire wealth/possessions.
BF1 - Sneak and Hide to the location.
BF3 - Eavesdrop/Spy and check out the location.
BF1 - Sneak into the location.
BF3 - Eavesdrop/Spy and locate source of PO2.
-> External influence : Get noticed by a guard : THREAT - Level 1 <-
** Call BF1 - Hide and continue with PO2 **
** Else Call BF5 - Kill/disable/knockout guard and continue with PO2 **
** Else Call BF6 - Use other talent(s) to negate threat and continue with PO2 **
** If BF1 OR BF5 OR BF6 FALSE **
** Initiate OV1 - Save your ass!! **
** Call BF7 - Get the fuck outta there ASAP **
** emote waves **
** say (in a husky tone) Hasta la vista, baby **
End

LOL, I dont know whether I should be happy or scared, that I'm actually able to relate to zalanthan elven mindset on such a wierd level!
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Eh... I don't think elves are inherently greedy or power hungry.  They just have a need to prove their superiority over outsiders, frequently through theft.

Really, the only "primary objective" should be to act for the good of the tribe.

January 07, 2009, 02:45:42 PM #2 Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 02:47:49 PM by Incognito
Quote from: Marauder Moe on January 07, 2009, 02:36:24 PM
Eh... I don't think elves are inherently greedy or power hungry.  They just have a need to prove their superiority over outsiders, frequently through theft.

Really, the only "primary objective" should be to act for the good of the tribe.

Agreed - the good of the tribe - would be something the Terminator (elf) would always be working towards.

But, logically speaking, it would'nt be the Primary Objective.

It'd be on a creation level - You are a Terminator - created to follow orders - or - You are an elf from XYZ tribe - living for the betterment of your kin.

In any case, I wasn't aiming at providing accurate elven roleplay tips in this post, its more for fun - a parody :)

The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Errrm. It doesn't say anything about natural elven distrust either.

Like I was just saying in the other thread, the sneaky shady elf theif is a stereotype that gets way over-played.

But yeah...
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I think the sneaky, shady elf is an ideal sterotype.

Elves are always out for The Tribe first, Family Second, Themselves Third.

If an elf was brash, loving, and generous that would mean:
For being Brash, they might offend some of the greater powers that be.
For being loving, they might be lured to their death by roundears trying to eradicate the tribe.
For being generous, they are giving away resources the tribe needs to survive.

For being shady and sterotypical:
For stealing from others and not getting caught by that person, they are proving their courage to their family, tribe, and outsiders.
For being shady, quiet, and out of the way, they are preventing the spotlight from showing on them and you never quite know what they are good at, or where their tribe is located.

IT makes perfect sense. Never attack the quiet kid in school, he might know how to steal your car/weapons, and then go to your school/gaj, and you don't make it out alive.

Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

An elven Terminator would be stealing for his tribe. And since he's acquiring possessions for them, he'll get respect as a good thief too, as well as supporting his tribe.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

I would think a elven terminator would go back in time, find when the first human and elf were about to do it. Then destroy them both
Quote from: AJM
Only noobs quote themselves.

QuoteI think the sneaky, shady elf is an ideal sterotype.

For elves it may be the ideal stereotype. Master thieves elves may be revered as culture heroes but it doesn't mean that it is the only one expression for the entire race.

I think the race itself deserves some more variety and that there should be more oppurtunities to play the elven mindset.

Particularly with city-elves I think this is lacking. I think that one of the reasons for this is players of elves perpetuate a stereotype of nothing other than shady, sneaky creatures that jack anything and everything the first chance they get.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Well, what else is there to do?

They can't join nobles/merchant houses opennly, and since they have a monopoly on everything, elves are perhaps the hardest to hire. What else are they going to do? They are going to be a terminator.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Quote from: Delstro on January 08, 2009, 09:18:09 PM
Well, what else is there to do?

They can't join nobles/merchant houses opennly, and since they have a monopoly on everything, elves are perhaps the hardest to hire. What else are they going to do? They are going to be a terminator.

That's just another part of the problem. Elves aren't usually employed by player clans so everyone just assumes that elves are unemployable. But if we take a look at some of the npc elves hanging around, this infact isn't the case.

So npc elves can land a job as militia in redstorm and independant merchant shops all over. But for some odd reason, pc elves arn't able to succeed as anything but a narrowly defined scoundrel role.

I think basically, it's because non-thief players can't play a character who's a compulsive crook. I've seen elven 'gickers before, but they don't seem to live long. Elves are horrible warriors because of the strength penalty and hard to equip. Elven merchants? Hah, who'd buy from an elf, PC or NPC. Heck, who'd buy any tool made by an elf?

Like all stereotypes, they brought it on themselves. If they were just honest and hardworking like the rest of us, we wouldn't be too suspicious of them. I think elves would actually make good guards: They view it as an honor to be trusted, being in a clan is like being in a tribe, and they'd defend it just as well.

Hmm.. this would make an interesting idea for a RPT. Someone should make a burglar who starts off with high sneaky skills AND warrior skills as well as AI strength and exceptional in everything else. This elf pops into the Gaj from the future completely naked, points to some noob, and says "Give me all your clothes. And your weapon." Failing that, he'll brawl it out and take it.

He then proceeds to chase down some twink who has been butchering kanks, and proceeds to try to off him. The twink then does whatever he can to survive. Since the Terminator is an excellent sneak, if he gets too badly injured, he'd sneak out of the area and rest. If the twink survives, then his babies will have kank-flu from the dead kank blood, which spreads throughout the whole world and destroys it.. paving the way for 2.Arm.
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

QuoteI think basically, it's because non-thief players can't play a character who's a compulsive crook. I've seen elven 'gickers before, but they don't seem to live long. Elves are horrible warriors because of the strength penalty and hard to equip. Elven merchants? Hah, who'd buy from an elf, PC or NPC. Heck, who'd buy any tool made by an elf?

All of these I have seen. And have been played very well, I might add.

No, elves don't really mesh well with terminator in my mind.

Dwarves however...

Mnn... Prioritise END and STR... Rukkian maybe... Focus: Protect Joe Amos.

the muscle-bound dwarf looks at you through his dark sunslits and says in a thick accent 'Come with me if you want to live'

Elves would make a good Terminator simply because they'd be able to disappear. Send an army after an elf and poof, he'll blend into the desert. A skilled fighter with AI agility could probably hack you to pieces in no time and be pretty damn tough to hit. It's like that silent liquid metal terminator that melts into the floor, suddenly popping up behind you.

Now a mul - that would make an awesome terminator.

Quote from: Jingo on January 09, 2009, 02:56:57 PM
QuoteI think basically, it's because non-thief players can't play a character who's a compulsive crook. I've seen elven 'gickers before, but they don't seem to live long. Elves are horrible warriors because of the strength penalty and hard to equip. Elven merchants? Hah, who'd buy from an elf, PC or NPC. Heck, who'd buy any tool made by an elf?

All of these I have seen. And have been played very well, I might add.
Yeah, I thought myself of playing an elf later on, but you've got to admit that the roleplay requirements and the stereotype would discourage a non-sneaky player from picking one. It sounds like a fun challenge, though.