Apartment Revenue and Nobles

Started by Fool, January 07, 2009, 08:01:57 AM

All the sid used to rent an apartment goes where?

At the moment you give the money to the NPC and thats the end of it right?

If thats so then I was thinking that it could be interesting if instead appartment blocks were owned by various Noble houses and the revenue (or portion of) funneled into the the Noble houses coffers and to Nobles themselves.

The Noble (or a trusted aide) would be able to expend resources to increase or decrease the level of security of a given block of appartments, change the pricing for appartments, evict tenants etc.

Renters would then be able to find their PC landlord and bitch to them about having their appartment broken into again. The PC landlord is motivated to have the Burglar tracked down and dealt with. Interesting opportunities for unscrupulous landlords would exist to contract a PC Burglar and have them harass a rivals Appartment block in order to draw their customers away.

Would probably need a IG board that lists who the current PC incharge of that appartment is. You'd still rent and pay the NPC however. Nobles of the house that owns the block would need to be able to erase and write on the board autonomously.

Anyway, drifting of the track a little so I'll stop.

In general, Nenyuk owns the buildings, and they get the money.  They also get all the money in your bank account when you die.

Yes, real estate is the product of House Nenyuk, much like Kurac's is spice and Kadius' is clothes.

However, the idea isn't bad. I've always wanted apartments to be more like communities.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

The better question is, who comes and picks up the 'sid?

A Lazy-eyed landlord is here.

>Steal coins landlord

You sneak carefully towards your target...

A Lazy-eyed landlord has no coins!
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

There was a time when Nenyuk had more PCs about (before insta-housing)

I miss them.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

In theory, I would think that in the North, at least, the governor of that area of the city would be the noble to with influence, as they could make laws like every apartment block in their area needs to have x and y for burglar protection, or some such.  So, at least in theory, it would be possible to politic for changes in the North.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

In theory we have mercinaries soldiers who one could bribe ask to patrol for one's apartment.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Nenyuk has far too much money from PCs dying. They never build anything new. Someone should take them down. ;-)

Seriously. Someone with power do it.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

It is frustrating that you've got no one to complain to about burglars and the like, but if you start doing something loud/discouraged in your apartment, those NPC's are on your ass about it right away.