Re: Pronunciation from Ask the Staff

Started by Ender, December 23, 2008, 11:06:38 AM

From wikipedia:

Mul
This article is about the fictional fantasy race. [...]

Muls are the mixed-breed offspring of humans and dwarves in the Dark Sun campaign setting. The term mul is derived from "mule" which are sterile hybrids, and as such the word is meant to be pronounced in the same manner (rhyming with "rule" rather than "dull").

Women who give birth to muls tend to be human and die in childbirth. Muls are bred for gladiatorial combat and slave labor. Athasian muls are hairless, about 6 feet tall, retain the agility of their human parent while manifesting the strength and industrious mindset of their dwarven parent.

The stamina of a mul is legendary; muls can literally work or march for days nonstop.

The term "mul" has been unofficially adopted into other campaign settings for rare human-dwarf crossbreeds.

Since the "mule" pronunciation is distinctive to Dark Sun, it can be argued that on arm it's pronounced differently, but I've always used the DS pronunciation.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Before I learned that the official DS (and Armageddon I think) pronunciation was "mule", I always thought "mull" in my head.

I decided it's not worth the effort to change how I perceive it, though, especially since they won't be in Arm 2.0 anyway.  :-\

Oh God. I'm such a wynner. I told you mothafuckaz four years ago!!!
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

[citation needed]
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

None of you board gammers have a manual?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

When I hung out with Tlaloc in Texas, I found out that I pronounced just about everything wrong.   :D
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Ourla on December 23, 2008, 03:18:08 PM
When I hung out with Tlaloc in Texas, I found out that I pronounced just about everything wrong.   :D

Tlaloc's texan, what do you expect....
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Ourla on December 23, 2008, 03:18:08 PM

Here, too.

And mansa, I dare ya'll to come down heaaar and say that to us houstonians!

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.