Soh Lanah Kah: Active

Started by Hot_Dancer, December 10, 2008, 11:50:01 AM

The Soh are on an upswing in activity, character quality and staff involvement.

This is a pretty fair time to get one applied for if you've had interest in the past.

As usual, feel free to PM me any questions or email the desert elf staff.

Activity in tribes who could be considered 'isolated' like the Soh come in spurts,
sometimes these last months, sometimes they last two weeks.  I don't think
we've had an activity notice post like this in a while.

Cheers,
Hot Dancer
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

If you havn't played a desert-elf yet, Soh is the way to Goh.

Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Kah.

(equivalent of "FIRST!")
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Kah (Equivalent of Yes, I do agree with the above 4 posters)
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

The Soh...I love them. If you want to play a desert elf I highly recommend these guys!
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Quote from: deviant storm on December 12, 2008, 09:52:25 AM
The Soh...I love them. If you want to play something awesome I highly recommend these guys!

Fixed.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I'll always have a soft spot for Soh.

That said, they really do have an extensive background/documentation and a very rich culture. If you're thinking d-elf, I'd definitely give them a go. In my opinion, they're the best tribe for first time d-elf players.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead." - Albert Einstein

Kah.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I heard they were also created by a player.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Quote from: Delstro on December 12, 2008, 09:56:10 PM

Wasn't it some Hot Dancer?

JaRoD (Who tried the SLK, yet got discouraged by a very low player base at the time)

Quote from: Delstro on December 12, 2008, 09:56:10 PM

As were the Akei'ta Var, Kah.

*bump*

The tribe is active. If you prefer wearing festooned ribbons of intestinal tracts over your shoulders, I suggest checking this little band of skinny bastards out.

Giving this a deserved *bump*.

If you have never tried a d.elf before, but are interested in tribal rp, I heartily suggest you check out the Soh. I also have a soft spot for the Akei'ta Var and Sun Runners.

So if you don't choose a Soh, choose any tribe, so long as you're scampering about the Pah, stirring stuff up!

It's highly active right now, so don't miss out!

Bow-chicka-bump-bump.

I had a great time with my first Soh character, I advise everyone play them at least once.

We are still active and could use one to two more player characters to help flesh out the tribe more.

If interested email desert_elves@armageddon.org for information/clan documentation.

--No, we are not "the Byn, but with desert elves."

--Spawnloser, if you fuck up this thread I will gut you.

--We have some amazing players bringing this tribe to life. Don't miss out on this opportunity.

Aw, someone pissed in Eloran's cheerios.  I spoke an opinion about my own perception and how it relates to what I enjoy in the game... and you have to pull this trolling crap?  Grow up.

I never said the Soh aren't a good clan/tribe.  I just said I thought the Sun Runners are truer to what it is to be an elf per the documentation, in my opinion.  I never said that the Soh didn't have good players, but if your behavior on the board towards me is any indication, they have one bad one.  Finally, don't misquote me, since I was speaking in metaphor and explained myself while you are portraying what I said to be much more derogatory than it was intended.

I fully encourage anyone interested in playing a desert elf to look into all available tribes and pick the one that interests them the most and that they think they could get into the role of the best.  If that is the Soh, good for you.  If that is another tribe, good for you too.  Don't let someone like Eloran scare you away from any tribe, be he scaring you into playing in one because he thinks he knows best or be he scaring you into playing another because you think he's being a jerk.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Oh snap!
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I like Soh.

I don't like the byn.

Arrrrgh! Does not compute!
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Trench warfare on the GDB aside, I whole-heartedly endorse the SLK.  It's an amazing group happening right now, and there's alot of very awesome, gritty tribal shit happening.  I have to disagree with Spawnloser; the Soh feel, to me, like the very real, violent, tribe-dedicated desert elves that haunt bedtime stories in Allanak. 
   It's definitely a different game than any other tribe, but it's structured incredibly well - the docs push you into interaction with your fellow tribemates instead of separating you into specialized roles, and usually, you're only alone if you're the only one logged in.  It brings a whole new depth to the tribal angle on Zalanthas.  If they're like the Byn, then they're Byn that don't clean latrines.  Try it.

</gushpraise>

Quit the sniping over a damn metaphor, for Christ's sake.

she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

Aww come on, let the Sun Runners get some new elfies too Eloran.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

This Eloran fellow was backstabbed royally itt.