Being blinded

Started by aphex, December 09, 2008, 02:37:06 AM

Suffice it to say, without going IC, there are things in game which will actually blind your character. Things that aren't sand storms, or darkness.
Is there any way command-wise to wipe gunk out of my eyes? Do I just need to spend time logged in for this to wear off, or do I need to seek another IC resolution?
Quote from: MeTekillot on July 11, 2011, 04:23:45 PM
Be a dick, but don't over-dick it.

I do not know of a coded way to wipe anything out of your eyes.
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

It usually wears off with time.

Don't forget to emote trying to wipe the gunk away, or rubbing at your likely irritated eyes.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on December 09, 2008, 05:48:09 PM
It usually wears off with time.

Don't forget to emote trying to wipe the gunk away, or rubbing at your likely irritated eyes.

I hate to be a scrooge but isn't this the thing that can easily be asked about IC?
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Quote from: fourTwenty on December 09, 2008, 05:59:05 PM

I hate to be a scrooge but isn't this the thing that can easily be asked about IC?

Blind Person: "Hai Guyz,I have something in my eyes.  What do I do?"
Guyz: "Wipe it out, idiot."
Blind Person: "Ok.  How?"
Guyz: "With your hands."
Blind Person: emotes wiping it out with his hands.
Guyz: "No, you're doing it wrong."
Blind Person: emotes wiping it out better with his hands.
Guyz: "Nope, wipe differently."

edited to be less snarky
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

I think that basically, the OP asked if there was a coded command to benefit him in a situation he clearly left vague so as to not divulge anything IC. For all I know, someone took a shit in his eyes, and he wants to know if the coded effect of "shit on OP's face" has a coded command with it.

Qzzrbl saying "It usually fades with time" is pretty much the "No, there isn't." I don't think its a find out IC, I think the worst it is, is "Ask someone in private."
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

December 09, 2008, 06:18:51 PM #6 Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 06:20:57 PM by fourTwenty
Quote from: Riev on December 09, 2008, 06:06:54 PM
I think that basically, the OP asked if there was a coded command to benefit him in a situation he clearly left vague so as to not divulge anything IC. For all I know, someone took a shit in his eyes, and he wants to know if the coded effect of "shit on OP's face" has a coded command with it.

Qzzrbl saying "It usually fades with time" is pretty much the "No, there isn't." I don't think its a find out IC, I think the worst it is, is "Ask someone in private."

Which was why I answered "I don't know of a way to wipe gunk out of your eyes".

Having been in this situation, at least I think it's the same situation, he's now lost an opportunity for interaction. I'm one of the main proponents to not using "Find out IC" as a canned answer, but certain situations, like this one, can -easily- be found out IG. And by "ask someone in private" I hope you mean privately IG. Because, not referring to this specific question, if it shouldn't be asked on the GDB then it probably shouldn't be asked privately of another player. Except of course a helper that's already helping you or an E-mail to the staff.

Thunkkin:
Dude 1: I can' see! I've got shit in my eyes.
Dude 2: Wipe it out and give it a while it'll were off.

See, now that's not even complicated is it?

Not edited: Because it's just as "snarky" as I meant it to be.

I hate to be a buzzkill and moderate a bunch of posts that are completely unrelated to the OP's question (a question which seems legitimate), but sometimes I have to do it.
Locking the thread, too, since the question has been answered.

Even if a topic is in the OOC forum, it helps tremendously to stay on topic when replying to it rather than derailing it completely.  Thanks!

Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.