You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

You watch your husband throw old steak knives at small critters as he explains he is building his throw skill. And briefly think (he is getting closer and closer.) Omg yes I thought that and I did marry that guy arrrggggh!
craft pain pills  Dr pepper
You make a idled character

Your character is one month and 128 days older.

Time spent playing: 16 days 5 hours.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Fujikoma on December 19, 2013, 02:32:55 PM

Wow I thought I was worse than that. I'm glad I'm not. Mine is 1 month 145 days with some 11 day played.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

:-\
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Just because this makes me laugh.

1 years, 0 months, and 86 days old

You have been playing for 36 days and 13 hours.

Mind you I've been going insane at work, well with hours. Lots of idle time spend doing things though.
Server work mostly. Luckily I can work and play, though sleep seems to have lost me, :(

I think I understand why characters come out of seemingly nowhere and kick my well-established pc's ass now.

Ya'll got about 32 hours in a day, apparently.

Yes. Actually, I spend -most- of my time these days just RPing with other people.

I've stopped liking the non-stop training marathons. What I need is a montage.

I start having a panic attack when I realize I can't play for a while... I think that would be bad. But I seriously need to break my addiction.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on December 21, 2013, 11:58:41 PM

Wow I thought I was worse than that. I'm glad I'm not. Mine is 1 month 145 days with some 11 day played.

Shit you all aren't addicted.. you all are JUNKIES!

edit to add ~ That goes double for you Yasbusta!
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on December 23, 2013, 02:58:13 AM
Quote from: slvrmoontiger on December 21, 2013, 11:58:41 PM

Shit you all aren't addicted.. you all are JUNKIES!

edit to add ~ That goes double for you Yasbusta!

I'm not sure I follow. Merriam-Webster defines a junkie as an addict. So would you mind sharing your concept as to the difference?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/junkie

Sure

an Addict is someone who needs to use frequently or may feel withdraws in consequence

A Junkie is someone who will continue to use faaarrrr beyone the feel or need for more, solely because it is available.
(even when it's not readily available)

Hope that helps?
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Addict and Junkie are synonyms but as perfecto points out junkie is usually used when the addiction is taken to extremes.

Nigella is an addict.

Skinny Pete is a junkie.

Hope the illustrations help.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

As a farmer who busted his ass every single day spring/summer/fall, now that it scarcely gets above freezing, I take great pleasure in smoking my produce and playing Arm probably far more than any of y'all.

Heh, I am so remote that I have not had a single face to face conversation since last Monday.  I have not even seen another human up close in a week, and the only real words I actually spoken were to my mom yesterday, when I called and wished her happy birthday.  So, I unrepentantly play a ton of effing Armageddon.  Prisoners in solitary confinement probably speak more words than I do.

I'd like to think Jeremiah Johnson would have done the same thing if he had internet access  ;D

December 23, 2013, 04:42:46 PM #1214 Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:44:29 PM by Kronibas
Quote from: Desertman on December 23, 2013, 04:27:12 PM

True story, man. Tom Hanks WISHES he had weed and Armageddon..

Quote from: Kronibas on December 23, 2013, 04:21:02 PM
As a farmer who busted his ass every single day spring/summer/fall, now that it scarcely gets above freezing, I take great pleasure in smoking my produce and playing Arm probably far more than any of y'all.

Heh, I am so remote that I have not had a single face to face conversation since last Monday.  I have not even seen another human up close in a week, and the only real words I actually spoken were to my mom yesterday, when I called and wished her happy birthday.  So, I unrepentantly play a ton of effing Armageddon.  Prisoners in solitary confinement probably speak more words than I do.

I'd like to think Jeremiah Johnson would have done the same thing if he had internet access  ;D

Heh, sounds like me and the missus need to head out on a road trip.  :p

How my arm addiction functions...
I can go weeks to months without a PC and it not really bother me, but once I have a character or even one applied, I go into mental lock down and start drooling for ginka's rockin'-hot bod.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Kronibas on December 23, 2013, 04:21:02 PM

So Kronibas would be a junkie in more than one way.

Heh, junkie is usually a word typically reserved for people who can't keep from sticking needles in their arms... so no.  That word makes me cringe a little.

Though I've known a few people I would possibly consider "over-enthusiasts" when it comes to what I think Kronibas was talking about, it also happens to not be physically addictive (well, unless he's a tobacco farmer). Not sure junkie works there, or even addict... Although, I do understand you were likely trying to make a joke.

Quote from: Kronibas on December 23, 2013, 06:37:16 PM
Heh, junkie is usually a word typically reserved for people who can't keep from sticking needles in their arms... so no.  That word makes me cringe a little.

Correct. Junk is slang for heroin. Junkies are heroin addicts, not other addicts. I think the words you're looking for are "strung the fuck out".
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

So there is no such thing as a Arm Junkie then. They would be addicts.

Oh and yes I was pitifully trying to make a joke. Sorry it was lame.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on December 23, 2013, 07:41:52 PM

Oh no, I TOTALLY think junkie is apropos for Ginka addiction.

Totally.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on December 23, 2013, 07:41:52 PM

Heh, you're good... just making the distinction between this:

and this

Oh, I didn't say it was lame. You should see some of my attempts at humor before calling it that... oh wait, you probably have.

Sorry for something that probably came across wrong, Silvermoontiger.

You know you are addicted to Arm when... You've played for twenty years.

As of this month, I've now play Arm for 20 years. I'm guess I'm hooked? It was also super slow at work today, so I calculated what race and guilds I'd played over the last 20 years and coverted them into percentages. I'm averaging 2.15 characters per year.

Guilds:

Rangers: 32.5%
Warriors: 16.3%
Sorcerers: 14%
Pick Pockets: 9.3%
Assassins: 7%
Nilazis: 4.6%
Suk-krathi: 4.6%
Psionicists: 4.6%
Merchants: 2.3%
Templars: 2.3%
Burglars: 2.3%