You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

Unless the thing you're addicted to is socially acceptable and morally right then it's okay to be addicted to it.

Touche, I didn't think of that - continue then... here maybe I got one...

You know you are addicted to Arm when... you play a lot.

The worst part of being ill is not feeling up to playing Arm.  :(
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

When you mentally wish up that the customers who annoy you at your call centre financial institution job are beaten severely by the banks body guards...
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

Quote from: BleakOne on September 25, 2012, 10:28:53 PM
The worst part of being ill is not feeling up to playing Arm.  :(

That's when I know I genuinely am sick.

You really want to play but no one around you is on so you sit here and stare blankly at the screening logging in a few mins waying a few people to see if they are on yet...and hitting refresh on GDB every few mins to see if anyone said anything interesting. (em goes off to see is anyone is on yet.)
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

When you may and/or may not be on but wonder if this person will way you just to see if you are on, or randomly way an sdesc and get you.

And you know you are addicted to Arm when you come back after nine months to play with ravenous fury. FEAR ME! I RETURN!
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: Karieith on April 16, 2012, 06:49:07 AM
You just got back from a long hiatus and I've been binging ever since, it's been four days, I've slept three hours.

Actually, maybe it's been MORE than four days, they all start to blur together after awhile. I now dread when PCs ask my toon when IC events happened because I can't rightly recall if they were yesterday.. or the day before that...or even less recent.

When you hear so many names in game in one spur and you meet a guy and he goes "Hey, yourname!" And I go "... Hi, uhm... let me think... okay, I give up, who are you?"

I love Arm.

When you go freak out on your wife for rinsing your son's cup out with water and just dumping it out the window on a long road trip...
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."

-John F. Kennedy

When you think about doing something iffy in the game, log out and take a nap, and immediately dream about a staff member posting on the GDB about how obviously stupid you'd have to be to try doing that iffy thing in game.

You categorize RL drugs by the spice IG with the same effects.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

...your spiritual beliefs are based on the workings of ginka.

I'm currently convinced that my player is multi-playing or hasn't had enough time to log in because little is going in my life lately, and I've spent a lot of time sleeping.

I'm serious, though. I truly believe that I have a player, reincarnation works like creating a new character, the age of accountability is determined by when the background ends and when the character starts being played, etc. I've spent a lot of time determining whether or not this is logical, and despite a few discrepancies between the microsm and macrosm, I believe it is.

Maybe I started playing too young, or there's something wrong with me. I'm certainly not telling my therapist about this.
Quote from: Scarecrow on February 21, 2014, 04:45:46 PMIn Zalanthas, people don't dig graves with shovels, they dig them with their own tongues.

Quote from: Kevo on October 12, 2012, 04:42:56 AM
...your spiritual beliefs are based on the workings of ginka.

I'm currently convinced that my player is multi-playing or hasn't had enough time to log in because little is going in my life lately, and I've spent a lot of time sleeping.

I'm serious, though. I truly believe that I have a player, reincarnation works like creating a new character, the age of accountability is determined by when the background ends and when the character starts being played, etc. I've spent a lot of time determining whether or not this is logical, and despite a few discrepancies between the microsm and macrosm, I believe it is.

Maybe I started playing too young, or there's something wrong with me. I'm certainly not telling my therapist about this.

That is an interesting take on reincarnation. Which by the way is a major Hinduism and Buddhism both of these religions are in the top five practiced on our planet and have hundreds of millions if not billions of worshipers (Hinduism is often the largest practice religion in the world just due to massive over population in India)

Anyway just because you use games as analogy for your personal beliefs does not make anything wrong them. I certainly believe in Karma and the Saṃsāra to some extent.
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

Whatev..

I just finished overhearing some drama filled conversation two people were having and made me glad my thoughts are mostly on video games.
:-)

...you can't find any PC's on, and desperately wish someone would invent Arm the game IG.
Quote from: Scarecrow on February 21, 2014, 04:45:46 PMIn Zalanthas, people don't dig graves with shovels, they dig them with their own tongues.

When you fall asleep while still logged in every night only to wake up with your character famished the next day.
Free your hate.

Brrr it's cold. Oh wait, I got that red scarf which I can wear-- wait... I got that on Arm. -_-
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Your significant other looks at you and asks fairly regularly....

"What are you nodding at?"
"What are you shaking your head at?"
"What are you furrowing your brow at?"

And you have to admit every time, "I was just miming my character's emotes, and I didn't realize I was doing it."

She catches me constantly.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on November 01, 2012, 02:51:10 PM

And you have to admit every time, "I was just miming my character's emotes, and I didn't realize I was doing it."

I even say my says sometimes.

I bit the inside of my cheek. Hard. Acting out eating food on arm.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on November 01, 2012, 03:04:38 PM
Quote from: Desertman on November 01, 2012, 02:51:10 PM

I even say my says sometimes.

Oh my gawd. I totally do this. I haven't had to deal with the OH catching me yet though - since he still doesn't know about Arm. Dirty little secret. :(
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

....it's down and you are like....fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffml.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

When you have a dream about your character getting killed (getting run over by a police car in the rinth???) and then freak out for 20 minutes in the dream before waking up.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on November 10, 2012, 08:36:04 PM
When you have a dream about your character getting killed (getting run over by a police car in the rinth???) and then freak out for 20 minutes in the dream before waking up.

Hah, I've totally experienced this. Though it wasn't death by police car, just many other crazy ways. The good part: Realizing it was just a dream is such a relief.

Strangest dream ever.

I can't remember much from the beginning but my house went up in the air (a la Up the movie) and I tried to keep up with it. After days and days in the air it landed into the city of Suk Krath where I discovered I'm a Krathi.

*shakes her head*
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness