You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

Quote from: Schrodingers Cat on May 07, 2012, 11:37:35 PM
You know you're addicted to Arm when you fret, break stuff, cry and carry on (etc), and swear to never play again because you're so upset when your character dies and then after you in order to recover you go and make another character play for 24 hours straight and do it all over again.

FTFY
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

You plan your mother's funeral like a certain IG clan.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: Ender on October 28, 2011, 01:39:13 PM
I've had this exact conversation when showing someone arm:

"How can you tell what's going on?  I couldn't possible read that quickly." (referring to various scrolling room description/say/emote spam)

"It gets easy after while.  All I see now is brunette, blonde, redhead."

THIS.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

At work, I receive upwards of 120 emails a day.  And I spend far too much time typing.  I sign almost every single email with a simple "Thanks,".  Yesterday I sent out an email to a group of colleagues with the closing of "Shade,"...

And didn't notice until one of them asked me about it the next day.

Today, because only one of them noticed, I signed an email to the same group with "Smooth Sands," intentionally.  This is my new at work game.

Bwahahaha that's awesome!
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Culinary Critic on June 06, 2012, 07:58:06 PM
At work, I receive upwards of 120 emails a day.  And I spend far too much time typing.  I sign almost every single email with a simple "Thanks,".  Yesterday I sent out an email to a group of colleagues with the closing of "Shade,"...

And didn't notice until one of them asked me about it the next day.

Today, because only one of them noticed, I signed an email to the same group with "Smooth Sands," intentionally.  This is my new at work game.

Haha, that is....awesome

Get dropped from college course.

First thought that comes to mind,

"All those nights I skipped playing ARM to work on this Bullshit class - gone to waste."
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on June 13, 2012, 04:15:16 PM
Get dropped from college course.

First thought that comes to mind,

"All those nights I skipped playing ARM to work on this Bullshit class - gone to waste."

I haven't gotten dropped, but definitely "C" grades that made me just go......should have played Arm instead.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Yeah. I definitely have an issue with setting my priorities.
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I, fortunately, only found Armageddon after graduating from college.

Though this Lit Major isn't doing me much good if I'm starting to write #amos and ^amos instead of "he" and "his" now.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on June 13, 2012, 04:25:00 PM
Yeah. I definitely have an issue with setting my priorities.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

When you're browsing through a gallery on DeviantArt and think "X-D must have played a sorcerer." when you come across this:

Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: Ashes on May 27, 2012, 04:13:47 AM
Quote from: Ender on October 28, 2011, 01:39:13 PM
I've had this exact conversation when showing someone arm:

"How can you tell what's going on?  I couldn't possible read that quickly." (referring to various scrolling room description/say/emote spam)

"It gets easy after while.  All I see now is brunette, blonde, redhead."

THIS.

THIS X 2. -- After 16 years of mudding I don't read lines... my eyes read an entire page in a split second and "selectively" process parts of the wall of text instantly...  :P

You know you are addicted to Arm when the lag monster eats the website, the MUD and your character, but you refuse to log out so you try to punch a hole through the lag monsters stomach from the inside and play the game at the rate of one command per minute...  :o

You call in sick to work because you feel like taking the whole damn day to play, and then a lag issue occurs and you get so angry about it you go buy a bottle of premixed margaritas and get shitfaced out of spite.

I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

I think margaritas is the only mixed drink I enjoy, but pre-mixed?  You know you're addicted to alcohol when ...

Anyway, it happens.  Staff will figure it out.  ;)

Quote from: Kismetic on June 16, 2012, 10:48:44 PM
I think margaritas is the only mixed drink I enjoy, but pre-mixed?  You know you're addicted to alcohol when ...

..Busted.
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

Buy a new game for $50.

First thing I do when I get home? Get on ARM.

Why do I even bother.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

When you walk past a pile of wood and think, "Bingo! Now I won't have to go to Tuluk!" and then realize...that IRL wood isn't any use to you. Yes, this just happened to me.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I'm starting to dream about it again :/

And Maso, I had the same thing when I walked past some bags of flour.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on June 17, 2012, 08:57:45 PM
Buy a new game for $50.

First thing I do when I get home? Get on ARM.

Why do I even bother.

I bought a new graphics card and Diablo 3.  After almost two months, I have a level 16 barbarian in the middle of Act II on normal.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

July 11, 2012, 04:01:31 PM #1121 Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:15:05 PM by Maso
Quote from: Iiyola on July 11, 2012, 03:35:26 PM

And Maso, I had the same thing when I walked past some bags of flour.

I have Arm related dreams pretty much every night at the moment. The other night I dreamed a posted a picture like this on the 'What your character looks like' thread...

It's worrying me a bit!
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

July 11, 2012, 04:05:20 PM #1122 Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:12:38 PM by Nyr
Quote from: Iiyola on July 11, 2012, 03:35:26 PM

When you dream about Armageddon, and the dreams come true.

Unlinked the other post.  It's unclear what you're referring to.  Odd as it may be, if (by some chance) you do have a dream about Armageddon that does indeed come true/or contains IC information in it, maybe you should keep it to yourself and not share it with everyone until it is appropriate to do so.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.