You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

When you can't remember what you were supposed to get at the store but you'll never forget how your first pc died, or the first thing you saw (which was actually a description you read) that made you think "omg that's beautiful"
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

I sang Amos Kanked a Gemmer while I was loading a trailor last night. That was fun.
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

October 20, 2011, 08:15:02 AM #1054 Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 09:28:29 AM by Armaddict
This somehow got into the non RAT thread.  *boggle*
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

When you look over your wardrobe and wish you had what your character was wearing.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

When you do custom voice-over for all your characters using a variety of accents.

When your thoughts literally:

think,  I need to pick up milk on the way home
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

When you lament having so much time before the birth of your baby to play Arm and realize for now all the time you have is just enough to post a few times a day on the GDB!

Lame. I wanna get back in game, dammit. 8)

(I'm kidding. I mean. I don't resent my baby or anything. I'd just like to play a little bit again. :<)
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

When you're playing Scrabble and you see a very limited list of letters by the standards of the Dictionary, but you still manage to think up a couple of words from the Zalanthan world - especially truer with the lower number of vowels in your tile-stand! Seriously - try this out - you'll see immediately what I'm talkin about.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Quote from: boog on October 24, 2011, 02:46:13 PM
When you lament having so much time before the birth of your baby to play Arm and realize for now all the time you have is just enough to post a few times a day on the GDB!

Lame. I wanna get back in game, dammit. 8)

(I'm kidding. I mean. I don't resent my baby or anything. I'd just like to play a little bit again. :<)

Hey, won't be long.  Once they are off to school.  Left home.

I've had this exact conversation when showing someone arm:

"How can you tell what's going on?  I couldn't possible read that quickly." (referring to various scrolling room description/say/emote spam)

"It gets easy after while.  All I see now is brunette, blonde, redhead."
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

You know you're addicted to ARM when you end up in the ER all Wednesday and spot a cabinet that says LINEN CLOTH while you're there... and your first thought is: "Finally, I can improve bandagemaking."
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Quote from: ShaLeah on October 16, 2011, 10:03:54 PM
When you can't remember what you were supposed to get at the store but you'll never forget how your first pc died, or the first thing you saw (which was actually a description you read) that made you think "omg that's beautiful"
When you can't remember most of the people you've worked with over the years, but you remember the veteran Armers whose handles you haven't seen in years.

When you see the femur of some large mammal and think, "hey, a crude bone club" and then think of all the heinous acts your past pc's have committed with that very tool.

I had my first side effect when i was carrying a backpack. Thinking in commands: open pack, put something pack.

Argh.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: John on October 29, 2011, 07:23:43 PM
Quote from: ShaLeah on October 16, 2011, 10:03:54 PM
When you can't remember most of the people you've worked with over the years, but you remember the veteran Armers whose handles you haven't seen in years.

Aww *flattered*
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

December 08, 2011, 09:36:30 AM #1067 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 09:44:56 AM by DustMight
...you know you are addicted when you could write an entire rant on why people shouldn't refer to their characters as "toons."

When you log in at 4am and see there is 4 other people on and actually look for them.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on December 08, 2011, 09:40:41 AM
When you log in at 4am and see there is 4 other people on and actually look for them.

ROFL (I can relate)

When you have a dream that your character died and you wake up in a cold sweat.

When you try to get your spouse to play so they'll let you play more.

Quote from: EldritchOrigins on December 08, 2011, 10:59:53 AM
When you try to get your spouse to play so they'll let you play more.

On the other end, when you tell your fiance he isn't playing enough.  Mostly because he pesters you while you're trying to play.   ::)
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

December 08, 2011, 07:31:55 PM #1072 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:34:15 PM by Barsook
When you can't connect to Arm, and you REALLY want to play.

When you lag your butt off and and you REALLY want to play.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

The email.

Everyone knows the feeling. Every time you see (or hear) that you have a new email you get this swelling excitement in your gut. Anxious, you bite your bottom of your lip as the webpage loads, then sigh in disappointment when it isn't from your beloved ginka.
Quote from: Return of the King (1980)
It's so easy not to try,
Let the world go drifting by--
If you never say, "Hello,"
You won't have to say, "Good Bye."

You log off and realize you're not only starving but you've been on 6 hours and you now have one hour to get dinner started before the husband comes home and your ass is cluessless as to what to make.

Haysoos!