You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

Quote from: HavokBlue on March 23, 2011, 08:39:23 PM
When you see "Inbox 67 (1 new)", click on it, and then rage when it's "COME VISIT US AT UNM OPEN HOUSE"

This. Well, my own equivalent.

Also, you know the addiction is beckoning when you start refreshing your e-mail even though it auto refreshes ...
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

When you realize you have to leave for work in fifteen minutes and think to yourself, "feel annoyed".
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

... you find yourself daydreaming about Armageddon during the middle of a workday.

That hasn't happened in a while... guess I've got that needle shoved back into my veins.  :-X

For the first time in a while I was thinking about my pc as I went to sleep last night. I was tempted, even as tired as I was to get back out of bed and log in.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

When you wake up from surgery thinking that a krathi battlemage is burning your foot off.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

When you hate apple products, but decided to use the iPad you have for work purposes to monitor your e-mail for that approved app all day.

When you name a child after one of your characters.
craft pain pills  Dr pepper
You make a idled character

Quote from: allieday1 on April 25, 2011, 09:27:47 PM
Shits Running of the Red Fangs?
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

When you play arm for four days. (also when you start typing four weeks instead of four days but have to go back and erase it)

Arm instead of IRL parties, IRL friends, IRL drinking.
And you know you're addicted when you prefer it that way.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Chettaman on April 25, 2011, 11:55:47 PM
When you play arm for four days. (also when you start typing four weeks instead of four days but have to go back and erase it)

Seconded

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: allieday1 on April 25, 2011, 09:27:47 PM

Heh, I take my character names after possible children's names. But now that I think of it, Malik and Talia goes incredibly well with my surname.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Thirded.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

boy, are you going to regret it later

Quote from: spicemustflow on April 26, 2011, 04:32:42 AM

QFT.

When I was in high school, and even college, I thought "Man, drinking and going to parties is so stupid."

Now, I actually enjoy the social interaction once in a while, even though it is never like Arm, where a pretty lady is always sitting at the bar, minding her own business, and totally okay to talk to any choad that wants to chat her up.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on April 26, 2011, 05:10:53 AM
Quote from: spicemustflow on April 26, 2011, 04:32:42 AM

QFT.

When I was in high school, and even college, I thought "Man, drinking and going to parties is so stupid."

Now, I actually enjoy the social interaction once in a while, even though it is never like Arm, where a pretty lady is always sitting at the bar, minding her own business, and totally okay to talk to any choad that wants to chat her up.

This conjures up all those "my character is pugly, dont hit on me" threads ;-)  So, buck up little camper.  Every bar has a Zalanthian beauty out there for you.

(the trouble with meeting women [or men I imagine] is having standards ;-)
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

You're watching Xena: Warrior Princess and you think that one of the characters in it (or more) look like PC's you've met in-game. And then as each speaks, or does something, you imagine the scripting and emoting of each character too..

DOOD! I've done that! I'm sadly the only male I know who watches Xena so I havn't got to talk about it much.

Also... woah, guys. I party and stuff and have fun with people. But it's so troublesome keeping up with them. Do this and do that. Party with me dood. No party with me. No wait, dood. He can come to -both- our parties.
Feel like goin' to the mall, dood? Hey, man I need a ride. Come on, you can't be tired already. We were all about to go to the club. *mm-tss-mm-tss-mm-tss* DOOD! I'm so wasted! Dood... I threw up so much... *mm-tss-mm-tss-mm-tss* Feel like drivin' to the lake? Feel like drivin' to austin? ZzzzzZzz... Dood. I could drive around with you all night. Alright man, see ya tomorrow.

ugh... way too much fun.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Chettaman on April 26, 2011, 09:51:51 PM
DOOD! I've done that! I'm sadly the only male I know who watches Xena so I havn't got to talk about it much.

Also... woah, guys. I party and stuff and have fun with people. But it's so troublesome keeping up with them. Do this and do that. Party with me dood. No party with me. No wait, dood. He can come to -both- our parties.
Feel like goin' to the mall, dood? Hey, man I need a ride. Come on, you can't be tired already. We were all about to go to the club. *mm-tss-mm-tss-mm-tss* DOOD! I'm so wasted! Dood... I threw up so much... *mm-tss-mm-tss-mm-tss* Feel like drivin' to the lake? Feel like drivin' to austin? ZzzzzZzz... Dood. I could drive around with you all night. Alright man, see ya tomorrow.

ugh... way too much fun.
I bet.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

when I'm writing my story sometimes I have the urge to type emote takes out a hat or something.

And I keep having dreams in white text on a black background I don't remember.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

... when you vehemently disagree with a lot of the major decisions of the game in the past five years, but cannot stop yourself from logging in, just to see that one person, or forage that one item, or kill that NPC that keeps looking at you sideways.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

When you count down the days until you're allowed to make your next special application. Still two months, but I feel like a kid counting the days until christmas.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

When you keep refreshing your inbox, after submitting a PC app only an hour ago.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

When you have something that has done something to your right eye it hurts to open it and to close it so you can't do anything and you look at your mushclient trying to read quickly with one eye but your in pain and still trying to play..

YEAAAA for run on sentences.

Quote from: spacewars on April 28, 2011, 01:27:25 PM
When you have something that has done something to your right eye it hurts to open it and to close it so you can't do anything and you look at your mushclient trying to read quickly with one eye but your in pain and still trying to play..

This reminds me when I sprained my shoulder and bruised the bone in my elbow the day before Christmas. You can be sure that I figured out how to work my new Sega Genesis controller with one arm strapped to my chest. Gotta play through the pain.
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
- Samuel Clemens

Quote from: Bilanthri on April 28, 2011, 02:50:28 PM
Quote from: spacewars on April 28, 2011, 01:27:25 PM

This reminds me when I sprained my shoulder and bruised the bone in my elbow the day before Christmas. You can be sure that I figured out how to work my new Sega Genesis controller with one arm strapped to my chest. Gotta play through the pain.

I once broke the bones in my right hand in 5 places, completely ruined. What did I do on my way to the hospital? I swung by the house to grab my playstation 2 controller, why might you ask? Because after surgery when the doctor molded my hand into a cast.. I asked that he leave my first two fingers and thumb free and mold the cast so that my controller fit easily into it. Be damned if I wasn't playing PS2 for 6-8 weeks. What makes me even more awesome for the pit stop, it was a compound fracture. I'm pretty sure it was a bad call to waste time on the controller. I R Man.

The whole ER got a big laugh out of it though.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."