You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

Quote from: Qzzrbl on July 20, 2010, 09:15:23 AM
Quote from: Ashes on July 20, 2010, 02:40:28 AM
Quote from: Scarecrow on July 19, 2010, 08:05:01 PM
Your character dies and you're kinda sad, then feel terrible because it will be at least another day before your new character is approved. Meanwhile you're all twitchy and jonesing for an Armageddon fix, and desperately, pleadingly, waiting for the email telling you the new character is approved.
Not that I'm doing that right now. Which...I am.
And not that I'm subtly (or not so subtly) hinting to the character approve people to have a look at all the people who need approving and please approve/reject right away so we can go back to the sweet high of Armageddon.
(shuffles off)

When you make a post like this on the GDB.

I've done it.

When you see a post like this on the GDB and quote it as if to say, "Hey staff! Me too!"

Which I'm totally doing right now.

oops i hit the quote button for some reason
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

When you enjoy your role way too freaking much, and couldn't stop thinking about it weeks before you even got the chance to start playing it.

Thank you, enabling person, even though you ended my previous PC. I love you. Will you marry me? :-*

You see... I am addicted. Sigh.

You know that the staffers are addicted too when they just can't stay away from CRACKAGEDDON.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!

Quote from: Niamh on July 21, 2010, 09:09:00 AM
You know that the staffers are addicted too when they just can't stay away from CRACKAGEDDON.

CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON!

*malicious laughter*

-Shinigami, Putting the "Vwee Hee Hee" Back in 'Nak
Quote from: DeliriumA hunched shinigami prowls around here, gnashing its teeth.

When you have a nightmare where a staff animated templar typos an incrimination, and you don't have nosave arrest on for some reason. Then all the guard PCs kill you in two combat rounds. Then you wake up and have a feeling of relief wash over you.

July 25, 2010, 05:41:37 PM #755 Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:26:26 PM by spacewars
Quote from: Bogre on July 20, 2010, 08:39:14 PM
Quote from: Qzzrbl on July 20, 2010, 09:15:23 AM
Quote from: Ashes on July 20, 2010, 02:40:28 AM
Quote from: Scarecrow on July 19, 2010, 08:05:01 PM
Your character dies and you're kinda sad, then feel terrible because it will be at least another day before your new character is approved. Meanwhile you're all twitchy and jonesing for an Armageddon fix, and desperately, pleadingly, waiting for the email telling you the new character is approved.
Not that I'm doing that right now. Which...I am.
And not that I'm subtly (or not so subtly) hinting to the character approve people to have a look at all the people who need approving and please approve/reject right away so we can go back to the sweet high of Armageddon.
(shuffles off)

When you make a post like this on the GDB.

I've done it.

When you see a post like this on the GDB and quote it as if to say, "Hey staff! Me too!"

Which I'm totally doing right now.

oops i hit the quote button for some reason

Darn i feel the same way at TIME i mean times

but you know your addicted to armaged when you check your email every 5 minutes for hours and hours

You people die too much.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

You know you're addicted when..

You get your ideas for what do do IG by what you dream.

I wonder if the Gaj can stand up to a battering ram (really, a log) tied to an inix.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

Quote from: Xagon on August 08, 2010, 09:26:17 AM
You know you're addicted when..

You get your ideas for what do do IG by what you dream.

I wonder if the Gaj can stand up to a battering ram (really, a log) tied to an inix.

The corollary to that is:  can an inix and its rider stand up to the horde of angry Bynners and militia that would come pouring out of their favorite bar?
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

...you start planning your RL schedule around your character's IG schedule.

...the part of your brain devoted to giving your character a distinctive speech pattern is on the verge of influencing all your speech.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on August 09, 2010, 12:23:21 PM...the part of your brain devoted to giving your character a distinctive speech pattern is on the verge of influencing all your speech.

Ohhoho. Been there. Done that. Quite hard to explain why you're saying kank and Krath to random passerbys.

You know you're addicted to Arm when you cant fall asleep because you're thinking of past and future events for your current character.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Ohhoho. Been there. Done that. Quite hard to explain why you're saying kank and Krath to random passerbys.

You know you're addicted to Arm when you cant fall asleep because you're thinking of past and future events for your current character.
[/quote]

I can't tell you how many hours of sleep i have lost to this. lol :P

Quote from: Millertime on August 10, 2010, 11:52:07 AM

I can't tell you how many hours of sleep i have lost to this. lol :P
[/quote]
I do this to fall asleep. My current plot can keep my mind going for hours though.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

when you are at work and you think to yourself  emote Grabs an uncooked tire from rack, placing it beneath the loader.

When you go out in hundred degree heat to run to the library because they have connections to the internet and you don't.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

When you try and figure out how to attatch your hand crossbow to your forearms.

When you get beef thigh bones and start making bone weapons.

When after making the weapons you want to call Morg and explain to him that fire makes bone brittle and very poor weapons.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on August 13, 2010, 02:15:04 PM
When after making the weapons you want to call Morg and explain to him that fire makes bone brittle and very poor weapons.

This effect is reversed if the blades are serrated.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Quote from: spacewars on August 13, 2010, 03:41:36 AM
when you are at work and you think to yourself  emote Grabs an uncooked tire from rack, placing it beneath the loader.

Spammer.

Quote from: solera on August 13, 2010, 04:45:49 PM

Spammer.

Yea do that 1800 times a night

Working at Cooper?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

August 16, 2010, 07:11:36 PM #771 Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 07:13:16 PM by Dan
I think I posted this before... but when I was deployed I would imagine I was in the Byn on mission in the Labyrinth.

emote proceeds slowly down the dark narrow path, eyes flicking from recessed entrance to rooftop without pause as the only light to show the way ahead comes from the dull glow of the moon above.

emote slows his steps, squinting ahead at a distannt shadow-clad figure.

emote slowly moves to a lowered combat stance as the shadowy figure approaches, his eyes tensing and strained while the leather covering his hands creaks from a subtle preperatory motion.

The shadow-clad figure steps forward, approaching with a broad, youthful grin and a wave of his arm.

The shadow-clad figure says, in high-pitched broken english, "Mister, mister! Chocolate?!"

emote facepalms.

think I wish I was playing Arm right now.

Edited in: Mister should be read as 'Meester'.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on August 09, 2010, 12:23:21 PM
...you start planning your RL schedule around your character's IG schedule.

...the part of your brain devoted to giving your character a distinctive speech pattern is on the verge of influencing all your speech.

Bleh called my boss a fecking krath damned idiot...

Then had to clean -everything-
(makes me feel like I'm in the Byn...)
the heavy-browed, big-elbowed dwarf says in sirihish, glancing back at his ruined argosy, then back at you
"Ahm na' happy"

you say in sirihish, puzzledly
"then which one are you?"

Quote from: FantasyWriter on August 15, 2010, 10:52:13 PM

Working at Cooper?

Yes working at cooper literaly

get tire rack
put tire loader
get tire rack
put tire loader
emote walks to next tire press
get tire rack
put tire loader
get tire rack
put tire loader
emote slaps his forehead
the sweat drenched man says "Krath i forgot to put the barcodes on
emote walks back to previous press, placing barcodes upon the uncooked tires
emote walks to the next press.
get tire rack
put tire loader
get tire rack
put tire loader
and so on for 12 hours   This is the epitome of spamming

When you set the alarm for 5:30am so you can get up for an hour before work to do......what I'm doing.