You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

When you feel relief upon reading that you aren't the only one experiencing guilt over pee breaks.

Quote from: boog on June 06, 2010, 07:24:59 PM
Wondering if your pee breaks (from consuming so much water due to your air conditioning being broken and your want to stay hydrated ...) are making the person/people you're RPing with annoyed at the lapses in your replies.

They are...  Stop peeing so much!  ;D

(J/K, I have no idea who you play.)
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

You know you are addicted to Arm when....You constantly have to come up with excuses to friends and girlfriends for why you are typing so furiously on the keyboard.

I'm like a secret Mud agent or something.
Free your hate.

You know you're addicted when the last thing you want to do before leaving for basic training is ARM and not spend time with your IRL friends. You did that today.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

When you get a phone call from someone important during an arm session, look at it, trying to decide if they are really -that- important to go afk for a sec, and then finally decide that you better go ahead and take the call. Type out gone, and then proceed to mostly ignore the person on the phone and continue to respond to what is going on in game. I think I've pissed off more than one person on the phone like this.  :o
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."

My mom thinks im always sick because I sound distracted and tired every time she calls, haha.

I do the same exact thing.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

When you're not sure whether the senior banquet is worth missing out on ARM.

Quote from: Saellyn on June 07, 2010, 07:39:04 AM

It's not. 99% of RL events should be attended over Armageddon.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Think of it as an IRL RPT. Not all of them are going to be eventful, especially the 'party' ones where you stand around and pretend to plot and offer smiling insults over nibblies.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

You watch some Harry Potter movie with the nephews and, the whole time, your're thinking..."filthy baby-eating wiggler".
The mottled, tattooed half-elf stops using his dusty long-legged brown cricket.

Think Poor cricket...

Quote from: Preacher on June 08, 2010, 11:31:09 PM
You watch some Harry Potter movie with the nephews and, the whole time, your're thinking..."filthy baby-eating wiggler".

I thought that long before I ever started playing ARM...
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

You laugh at substance abuse commercials because, in your mind, you're replacing tobacco/alcohol/meth with "Arm."

"Nobody ever wakes up in the morning and says, 'I want to be addicted to Arm today.'  It just happens."

Quote from: boog on June 06, 2010, 07:24:59 PM
Wondering if your pee breaks (from consuming so much water due to your air conditioning being broken and your want to stay hydrated ...) are making the person/people you're RPing with annoyed at the lapses in your replies.

Screw em. If you have to pee, pee.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Irulan on June 07, 2010, 12:07:05 AM
When you get a phone call from someone important during an arm session, look at it, trying to decide if they are really -that- important to go afk for a sec, and then finally decide that you better go ahead and take the call. Type out gone, and then proceed to mostly ignore the person on the phone and continue to respond to what is going on in game. I think I've pissed off more than one person on the phone like this.  :o

This.

I also get in trouble for tuning out my significant other on occasion, she seems to always want to chat about something pointless at the same time I'm in an intense battle sequence >:(
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

so i think i had my first addicted to arm experience.  Last night i had a dream that i was a whiran and someone pissed me off so i flew in above them and made them disappear.....not that i have ever played a whiran or anything but my mind apparently thinks i should!

Quote from: Majikal on June 13, 2010, 12:47:40 AM
Quote from: Irulan on June 07, 2010, 12:07:05 AM

This.

I also get in trouble for tuning out my significant other on occasion, she seems to always want to chat about something pointless at the same time I'm in an intense battle sequence >:(

Definitely...and my significant other plays arm! Well, he does it to me too, so all's fair. ;)

- Irulan
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."

When you sit on a pack of cigarettes and look in the box only to see and think:

In a small paper box:
several limply rolled tubes of tobacco
Musashi: You're not witty Toofie.

Quote from: Toofie on June 17, 2010, 07:35:38 PM
When you sit on a pack of cigarettes and look in the box only to see and think:

In a small paper box:
several limply rolled tubes of tobacco

Yes.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

[/quote]

This.

[/quote]

Yea, this has been happening more and more...

Quote from: Reiloth on June 07, 2010, 07:44:24 PM
Quote from: Saellyn on June 07, 2010, 07:39:04 AM

It's not. 99% of RL events should be attended over Armageddon.

School is the other 1%.

Your character dies and you're kinda sad, then feel terrible because it will be at least another day before your new character is approved. Meanwhile you're all twitchy and jonesing for an Armageddon fix, and desperately, pleadingly, waiting for the email telling you the new character is approved.
Not that I'm doing that right now. Which...I am.
And not that I'm subtly (or not so subtly) hinting to the character approve people to have a look at all the people who need approving and please approve/reject right away so we can go back to the sweet high of Armageddon.
(shuffles off)
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: Scarecrow on July 19, 2010, 08:05:01 PM
Your character dies and you're kinda sad, then feel terrible because it will be at least another day before your new character is approved. Meanwhile you're all twitchy and jonesing for an Armageddon fix, and desperately, pleadingly, waiting for the email telling you the new character is approved.
And not that I'm subtly (or not so subtly) hinting to the character approve people to have a look at all the people who need approving and please approve/reject right away so we can go back to the sweet high of Armageddon.
(shuffles off)

When you make a post like this on the GDB.

I've done it.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

Quote from: Ashes on July 20, 2010, 02:40:28 AM
(shuffles off)

I've done it.

When you see a post like this on the GDB and quote it as if to say, "Hey staff! Me too!"

Which I'm totally doing right now.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on July 20, 2010, 09:15:23 AM
Quote from: Ashes on July 20, 2010, 02:40:28 AM
(shuffles off)

I've done it.

When you see a post like this on the GDB and quote it as if to say, "Hey staff! Me too!"

Which I'm totally doing right now.

Guilty. :) Though I'm usually more creative with mine:

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on March 14, 2010, 01:44:31 PM
Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on February 18, 2010, 06:52:46 PM

Also: I kind of wonder sometimes about the new black moon and if/how it's connected to typing [IC] while [IC] on [IC]. And aside from that, if that particular thing is related to Tuluki caste tattoos somehow.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.