You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

You're addicted when you spend a good two hours picking out your new avitar.. I like to switch it up for those who haven't notcied.. I've been Kenny Mcormick, I've been Sarah Goldfarb, I've been several self-made southpark characters, I've been Kenny's ass cheeks on a milk-box with a "missing" postage beneith... I've been a ROLF-copter.. and a  I'm currently following a hillarious show called Pure Pwnage.  which my current sig shows a few clips from.

Damn I love this game.. will it ever end?

I hope not.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Your significant other.. who doesn't play Armageddon, probably knows more about the games lore than 75% of the playerbase just from hearing you ramble on about characters and IG politics.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on May 26, 2010, 04:34:48 AM
Your significant other.. who doesn't play Armageddon, probably knows more about the games lore than 75% of the playerbase just from hearing you ramble on about characters and IG politics.
That reminds me of the other day when I was telling my fiance about what had happened to my char, I only recently started playing again so I haven't told her a whole lot yet. I told her that my char was being threatened by another char over the way and she was like "What a jerk! You should report him! Thats not nice."
I had to stop myself from LOLing and hurting myself from ROFLing.
Rorschach: "None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with *ME*!"

My friends always ask how I'm doing in Arm when I visit them. Sometimes we have 15-minute discussions about recent devlopments with my PCs. 3 of them would like to play, but 2 lack time and one lacks english skillz.  :-[

Wow.... to everyone who hung out at the minirpt: That was hilariously, hellaciously fun.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

I had my first vivid Arm dream last night.  In my dream, I was sitting in a small, wooden room at a desk with a dim lamp burning and I was trying to read a scroll.  But as I read, the words kept not making sense.  (This is standard for dreams - it's possible to "read" in dreams but if you attempt to analyze individual letters you will usually have a difficult time in the dream).  I sent a message over the way to someone, saying that it was weird but that I was having trouble reading.  The person I was waying responded with, "Really?  Isn't difficulty in reading a sign of the onset of poison?"  In my dream, I looked down at an empty cup of tea on my desk and then was filled with this overwhelming sense of dread and the strong realization that I'd been poisoned and numbed so that I couldn't move away from the dagger that was about to slide into my back.  As something sharp slammed into my lower back ribs, I snapped awake with a complete adrenaline rush.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Quote from: perfecto on May 15, 2010, 07:02:29 AM
When you play arm like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f20empRw-Yk

Which I do of course...

Only when the king of the mekillots has decided he's tired of that annoying little fecker with the toothpick
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

When you're shopping in a grocery store and you see something listed in an aisle you could really use in game.

When you look at the thuja bushes in the plant nursery and try to figure out how long it takes for them to get big enough to make furniture from.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

When you tell somebody you think your motercycle has the "kank plague".
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Was sitting up playing oblivion all night and was discussing a past mage I played on arm with my lady for a good portion of the night.

I fell asleep to have a dream that I was arming and playing that mage, I typed 'list' at a shopkeeper and the Oblivion spell buying page popped up full of 100's of new spells at cheap prices...

I woke up, immediately saddened that I was no longer playing that years ago mage and that my spell list of 123912039 unique spells was no longer existent. :'(
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

You can't log in, so you decide that the best way to spend your monday morning isn't out in the rain or going swimming or watching tv... it's idling on the GDB and racking up time logged into that.

Total time logged in: 60 days, 19 hours and 58 minutes.

F5.                                                         F5.                                                    F5.
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

When you have exams and you didn't have to come in in the morning but you showed up because the school has better internet and you can listen to music and figure out what's going on at the same time.

When you just can't stop thinking about a new character concept even while offline. No matter the situation... the character keeps poking you, and you imagine all sorts of IC situations and how they would react to them.

Your husband buys you something because it is made in your clan's colors.
"It's got a wonderful defense mechanism. You don't dare kill it."

Quote from: RedKingsBreaker on June 03, 2010, 01:09:23 PM
Your husband buys you something because it is made in your clan's colors.
Quote from: Akaramu on June 03, 2010, 11:34:55 AM
When you just can't stop thinking about a new character concept even while offline. No matter the situation... the character keeps poking you, and you imagine all sorts of IC situations and how they would react to them.

Two of the sexiest posts in the thread so far. Because of how awesomely true they are.  ;D

Quote from: Attana on February 15, 2010, 03:05:45 PM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on February 07, 2010, 05:55:31 AM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on February 06, 2010, 07:04:57 AM
Quote from: Akaramu on February 06, 2010, 06:42:21 AM
You know you are addicted to Arm when three days after returning to the game, your sleep schedule is already completely messed up.
Or you are trying to fix that messed up sleeping schedule by playing -more- Arm at all the opposite hours.  :P
You try fixing your crazy hours of sleep by playing more Arm, failing and instead only making your sleeping schedule crazier and come to the conclusion that more Arm is needed to fix it.

Please, God. Wtf is wrong with me?

When you're logged on for 20+ hours to try and get your sleep schedule right. = nearly every day. :x

When you finally get your sleep schedule right - going to bed at nearly 8pm EST, you wake up at 3am only to be wide awake after no sleep for 24 hours before - to pop in for more Arm time.

When the people you play with begin to wonder OOCly if you -ever- sleep. :x

I should try this for once school starts back up. XD

&&& ha, I'm wondering that about a few people . o.O

When you ramble to your best friend about something funny your char's done.. having to explain everything about the game first to make them understand why it's funny.. for them to go.. 'oh.. geek'
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."

Quote from: zeia on June 05, 2010, 05:18:39 AM
When you ramble to your best friend about something funny your char's done.. having to explain everything about the game first to make them understand why it's funny.. for them to go.. 'oh.. geek'

Possibly one of the most frustrating things.  Every time you wanna explain something to someone who doesn't play, you have to explain so much that the point of whatever story you're telling is inevitably lost.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on June 05, 2010, 05:20:50 AM

Possibly one of the most frustrating things.  Every time you wanna explain something to someone who doesn't play, you have to explain so much that the point of whatever story you're telling is inevitably lost.
I have explained enough about the game to my wife for her to appreciate whatever I tell her. It took a long time... but I finally did it. And now I am a legend in my own home.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on June 05, 2010, 05:25:14 AM
Quote from: Armaddict on June 05, 2010, 05:20:50 AM

I have explained enough about the game to my wife for her to appreciate whatever I tell her. It took a long time... but I finally did it. And now I am a legend in my own home.

Lol I wish I could say the same thing lol! My best friend now knows alot about Arm.. and wants to play.. but doesn't have the time.. But still.. I still find myself  having to explain what the setting is as to why I'm laughing >.< I just wanna sit her down and be like.. WOMAN PLAY THE DAMN GAME! lol =P
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."

Me and Kevo are at the gas station today and I come outside after paying for the gas while he's pumping it.

Kevin (rummaging through his pocket): "I got you something I know you've been wanting for a long time, and I know how hard it is to find them."

Me: "This better not be a joke."

Kevin (pulling something out of his pocket): "Here you go."

He hands it to me and I look it over... and it's a small, flat rock.

Kevin: "A flat piece of slate."

Me: "I don't know if this makes you the best mate ever or both of us huge dorks, but this is so going in the addicted to Arm thread."

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on June 05, 2010, 05:42:48 AM
Me and Kevo are at the gas station today and I come outside after paying for the gas while he's pumping it.

Kevin (rummaging through his pocket): "I got you something I know you've been wanting for a long time, and I know how hard it is to find them."

Me: "I don't know if this makes you the best mate ever or both of us huge dorks, but this is so going in the addicted to Arm thread."

d'awwwwwwwwwww... That was the sweetest dork-gift ever!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on June 05, 2010, 05:42:48 AM

Ahaha, thats awesome!
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Wondering if your pee breaks (from consuming so much water due to your air conditioning being broken and your want to stay hydrated ...) are making the person/people you're RPing with annoyed at the lapses in your replies.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.