You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

Quote from: a strange shadow on March 12, 2010, 12:40:49 AM
I recommend you take a break from the game instead of your girlfriend.

Bad advice, do not listen.

When you can use OOC life schedules to fit perfectly into your IC schedule and even roleplay.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on March 13, 2010, 02:29:00 AM
When you can use OOC life schedules to fit perfectly into your IC schedule and even roleplay.

Hahahaha.

And:

When you go over to your best friends house, who used to play arm all the time but never plays it anymore and your conversation centers around how much they should play again because they're missing so much but you can't tell them what they're missing out on just in case they come back because it's all recent.

When said conversation ends with your best friend deciding to come back.   Yay!
After knocking back a mouthful of the contents of a full shot-glass, toking away on a rolled joint directly afterwards you say in desert-accented sirihish:
"They call me Tuber, and my son is Tuber-tot."

You set the GDB as your homepage.

Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Quote from: Kol on March 15, 2010, 03:29:53 AM

Psht.. been there since the day I registered (about two months after I started playing, I think.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

When you meet a guy you hate, and you "think self: I wish I could kill this guy", then get scared because the Templar's might hear you thinking >>

You know you're addicted to Arm when it feels too OOC to not log in and play for the entire day.

:-\
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

While playing the game someone IRL tells you something is going to happen next week, and your mind automatically processes it as happening tomorrow.

when you tell your friends OOC I'll be right back I have to run to the ladies. I did this two days ago...then got all sorts of what does OOC mean questions.
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

It's only been 6 1/2 hours and your hands are shaking.

This is bad.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 15, 2010, 12:13:07 PM
Quote from: Kol on March 15, 2010, 03:29:53 AM

Psht.. been there since the day I registered (about two months after I started playing, I think.

Ditto.

You know you're addicted to arm when..

AWESOME! I JUST BRANCHED! I'll finish this after I grind up my new skillz!
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

When during a pretty important document your filling out asks you, "Race" - you answer with "human"
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Chettaman on April 20, 2010, 02:38:22 PM
When during a pretty important document your filling out asks you, "Race" - you answer with "human"

When a pretty important document you're filling out asks your "race," you answer with "desert elf."
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

It's a shame that institutions that accept important documents still don't give equal rights to mantises.

Quote from: Cutthroat on April 20, 2010, 02:47:13 PM
It's a shame that institutions that accept important documents still don't give equal rights to mantises.

Fight the man! Let's all go on a town burning campaign! ::)
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

When you play arm like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f20empRw-Yk

Which I do of course...
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

I experienced a recurring element in this thread and had a text-based dream of my character getting PK'd.

It was pretty upset.  ;)
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Huh...I do have text-based Arm dreams fairly often.

I wake up, possibly write up a character, and ... 'Oh, I guess I didn't die to that [something involving the color yellow-orange and fungus]. Oops.'

I had a dream a few nights ago in which Arm players were hosting player gatherings, and then killing the attendees in ritual sacrifices to Ginka.

Think about that all you Dragoncon 2010 people.

When you:

A) Have a dream that an Arm player (not their PC but actual players who you know only through GDB and/or mutual aquaintance) are calling and waking you up in the middle of the night for emergency pizza and extended Arm marathons..

B) You woke up this morning, went from a soft pillow directly to computer chair, sat down, logged onto Armageddon, THEN went pee before your bladder burst and got breakfast, etc. Or you didn't leave your soft pillow AND logged on, if you have a laptop.
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

haha, I've actually been woken up past midnight to this...

"Hey, Lewis... bring your laptop and some beer over so we can "arm it up.""

Good times... good times. :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I just wanted to say thank you all for "arming it up". It's really funny to me.
You know you're addicted when dammit. spend all day on the computer!
Live like God.
Love like God.

You know you're addicted when you do things IRL much like your character.
good and bad.
Live like God.
Love like God.

You know you're addicted when you check the GDB every ten seconds -AT SCHOOL- to see if somebody responded to your post.