You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on February 15, 2010, 04:25:16 PM
Quote from: Attana on February 15, 2010, 03:05:45 PM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on February 07, 2010, 05:55:31 AM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on February 06, 2010, 07:04:57 AM
Quote from: Akaramu on February 06, 2010, 06:42:21 AM
You know you are addicted to Arm when three days after returning to the game, your sleep schedule is already completely messed up.
Or you are trying to fix that messed up sleeping schedule by playing -more- Arm at all the opposite hours.  :P
You try fixing your crazy hours of sleep by playing more Arm, failing and instead only making your sleeping schedule crazier and come to the conclusion that more Arm is needed to fix it.

Please, God. Wtf is wrong with me?

When you're logged on for 20+ hours to try and get your sleep schedule right. = nearly every day. :x

When you finally get your sleep schedule right - going to bed at nearly 8pm EST, you wake up at 3am only to be wide awake after no sleep for 24 hours before - to pop in for more Arm time.

When the people you play with begin to wonder OOCly if you -ever- sleep. :x
To the point to having to OOC it. >.>

And then it eventually gets to the point where the people you play with are having their characters suggest rest to your character.
After knocking back a mouthful of the contents of a full shot-glass, toking away on a rolled joint directly afterwards you say in desert-accented sirihish:
"They call me Tuber, and my son is Tuber-tot."

When you keep track of the passage of time over the long term via the weekly updates you send in.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

When all of your hard work at getting onto a regular sleep schedule... fails, and you wonder if your sleep skill will ever get close to branching.
After knocking back a mouthful of the contents of a full shot-glass, toking away on a rolled joint directly afterwards you say in desert-accented sirihish:

Quote from: Attana on February 16, 2010, 06:32:38 AM
When all of your hard work at getting onto a regular sleep schedule... fails, and you wonder if your sleep skill will ever get close to branching.
QFT
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

When you are now debating on staying logged in even after 14 hours playtime - just to try and stay awake until sometime in the afternoon so that you can RESTART your attempt at getting on a regular sleep schedule.

When you fix your crazy sleeping schedule by -seriously- arming it up.
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

When you play Armageddon from -Iran-, while everyone else is out rioting. :D
When, after just a week of playing, you get off your chair sleepily at 12:00, go to the refrigerator, pour a cup of water and then pour it out into the sink since it's warm, and while doing that you suddenly think, "Shouldn't waste water... there's probably not enough water for my character to do this...".

The entire time you're playing a rather high-powered role in another mud, you keep tabbing back to hit f5 on your email inbox and check the updates page to see how many apps have gone through on another tab.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: AJM on December 05, 2008, 10:57:47 AM
When you feel a change in the weather you immediately think 'the wind gets a little stronger'
When you see people in long brown coats you feel it is Ok to call the shitcloaks.
When you are on a date with someone your not interested in, and you wonder if she is willing to fade to black.
When you see a pet lizard and wonder what it would be like to ride it.
when you feel the monotonous task of getting stuff in your bag because you know how long of a process it is.
When you go to a shoe store and you wonder if there are any that have pouches in them.

skip to line 4...
you dont have to be addicted to anything to want to use your pet reptile as a mount...
its like a dragon, only, smaller and far more fragile...
unless u have a komodo dragon as a pet, in which case, i would highly suggest NOT using it as a mount...

you know you're addicted to arm seriously, if you feel obligated to be apart of people's IC lives because it's the IC thing to do.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

... you attempt to read this entire topic, just to see if you are addicted yet. Then you remember, "Oh feck, I was doing something still. I hope I didn't get killed r robbed.", and quickly alt - tab before you start hyperventilating.

... you -do- read this entire topic, just to see if you are addicted yet.

Quote from: Wolfsong on January 25, 2009, 10:44:54 PM
...when this makes you smile way more than it should, and snicker a little, too.

How is that supposed to make you smile? I had to quit watching about a minute in because I thought I could feel my braincells dieing...

Quote from: warforged32 on February 25, 2010, 04:18:15 PM
Quote from: Wolfsong on January 25, 2009, 10:44:54 PM
...when this makes you smile way more than it should, and snicker a little, too.

How is that supposed to make you smile? I had to quit watching about a minute in because I thought I could feel my braincells dieing...

You PeOple crAzy!  I was dancing all over the house to that beat

"Tuluk Tuluk, Tuluk Tuluk, Tuluk Tuluk die die die!"

Official anthem of the Arm of the Dragon!

Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

When there are two things on your mind that you could do.

Arm, or everything else.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Quote from: Qzzrbl on January 26, 2009, 05:09:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdG_fey4_ow

Buffalax's misheard translation is lulz.

I think "lulz" is an understatement. That made me cry a little I was laughing so hard.

You know your addicted to arm when you've stayed up ALL night till 6 or 7am for 3 nights in a row.. When you start playing at like 8 the night before >.> It's not just me it's Kol too! lol
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."

Isn't addiction grand? :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Whenever I feel like logging in, I automatically think,

"Jack in, Megaman!"

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

While taking a much needed break from the game, you feel that you are cheating on your girlfriend....  I still love you, Ginka.  I'll be back soon.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

When you get seriously excited IRL over cool equipment items in the game.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on February 28, 2010, 02:47:57 PM
While taking a much needed break from the game, you feel that you are cheating on your girlfriend....  I still love you, Ginka.  I'll be back soon.
While taking a not so needed break from work, you feel that you are needing a girlfriend... Yeah.
Live like God.
Love like God.

Quote from: Chettaman on March 11, 2010, 04:56:41 AM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on February 28, 2010, 02:47:57 PM
While taking a not so needed break from work, you feel that you are needing a girlfriend... Yeah.

When you decide to take a break from your girlfriend, because you can tell she is devising a plan to destroy your computer. :P

Oi... does she have a seething hatred for this game. I was once told that every time she sees me playing it... she feels like punching me in the face... I told her that that attitude would fit nicely in this game.

Unfortunately, she will -never- play, or punch me in the face... (TOO MUCH INFO!  ;))

I recommend you take a break from the game instead of your girlfriend.

Quote from: a strange shadow on March 12, 2010, 12:40:49 AM
Advice given and taken... but I don't have a girlfriend.
*snaps a finger
Live like God.
Love like God.

Quote from: a strange shadow on March 12, 2010, 12:40:49 AM

It was just a joke. Guess the other things I said didn't point that out enough... Perhaps more emoticons next time.