You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

When you feel you should be paying more attention in class or when someones talking to you because the staff might be watching.

When the same DVD is playing on your TV in the background for long periods of time, since every time you restart it to actually watch the damn thing, you somehow end up on your computer playing ARM.

It's like this magnetic pull or something... Perhaps there are wigglers around here, teleporting me back and forth...

Damnit, I dreamed (what is the past tense of dream, anyway? Drempt? Dreamed? IDK) of Arm last night (well, Arm / Wow Hybrid):

Me, a mul sneaking through a wizard's tower (like all those broken tower graphics in Wow), get caught in a cage, escape, sneaking around, find wizard, stab him in the chest with a paintbrush I found laying around, killing him.

It all felt REAL good. 

LOL.

Quote from: Spider on February 04, 2010, 12:06:42 PM
When the same DVD is playing on your TV in the background for long periods of time, since every time you restart it to actually watch the damn thing, you somehow end up on your computer playing ARM.

It's like this magnetic pull or something... Perhaps there are wigglers around here, teleporting me back and forth...

I've watched the new Terminator about 3 or 4 times this morning.. thanks arm.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

You know you're addicted to Arm when you fail at some task in real life and reflexively think, "Well, at least there's a chance I got a skill bump from that."

You know you are addicted to Arm when three days after returning to the game, your sleep schedule is already completely messed up.

Quote from: Akaramu on February 06, 2010, 06:42:21 AM
You know you are addicted to Arm when three days after returning to the game, your sleep schedule is already completely messed up.
Or you are trying to fix that messed up sleeping schedule by playing -more- Arm at all the opposite hours.  :P
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I can defiantly relate to this.. It's called going to bed at like 4/5 am and not waking up till 1-2pm lol then doing the same thing again >.<
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."

Quote from: zeia on February 06, 2010, 10:06:31 AM

I can defiantly relate to this.. It's called going to bed at like 4/5 am and not waking up till 1-2pm lol then doing the same thing again >.<

But people are online from 3pm-5am EST! That's the best time to play. Other times everyone's sleeping. :-D
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: tortall on February 06, 2010, 10:46:38 AM

But people are online from 3pm-5am EST! That's the best time to play. Other times everyone's sleeping. :-D

Yeah best time to play for us Uk'ers is from like 10/11 pm onwards..  Whenever I try and log on during the day here there's like a whole 6 people playing in the world haha
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."

February 06, 2010, 03:08:49 PM #635 Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:10:23 PM by Akaramu

Its worse for off-peak players in a non-american timezone.

I sometimes set my alarm clock to an impossible hour in the morning just to way someone important, then go back to bed. The shift between staying up till 3/4 AM OR getting up at 6 in the bloody morning is what messes up the sleep schedule the most. And no, I didn't do this before I returned to crackageddon.  :P

Quote from: Akaramu on February 06, 2010, 03:08:49 PM

I sometimes set my alarm clock to an impossible hour in the morning just to way someone important, then go back to bed. The shift between staying up till 3/4 AM OR getting up at 6 in the bloody morning is what messes up the sleep schedule the most. And no, I didn't do this before I returned to crackageddon.  :P

You have stated my situation entirely.
Alea iacta est

Quote from: Akaramu on February 06, 2010, 03:08:49 PM

BWAHAHAHAHHA!! We're in England (me and Zeia) we can relate entirely. We went away for a week, bed about 1 am, up at about 10, every day, then we get back.....and BOOM! 3-4 am bed, 1-2 pm wake up.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on February 06, 2010, 07:04:57 AM
Or you are trying to fix that messed up sleeping schedule by playing -more- Arm at all the opposite hours.  :P
You try fixing your crazy hours of sleep by playing more Arm, failing and instead only making your sleeping schedule crazier and come to the conclusion that more Arm is needed to fix it.

Please, God. Wtf is wrong with me?
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

When you blow girlfriend/friends off to chop mofuckas up with bone swords.
Free your hate.

When once a week you have a serious, panicky thought of the the owner of Ginka might just decide he doesn't want Armageddon no morez.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I was reading some (real life) news after playing a half-giant, and I caught myself
wondering which parts I was smart enough to understand.

i've been sitting here refreshing my inbox for the past two hours straight, willing to get that reply e-mail.

so so sad.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

When you look down at the little clock in the bottom right hand corner of your screen and it says 3:00 PM.

AND YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO PICK YOUR DAUGHTER UP FROM SCHOOL AT 2:30 AND IT'S A FIFTEEN MINUTE DRIVE!!!!!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

February 15, 2010, 06:34:21 AM #644 Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 06:44:36 AM by Reiteration

You know when you're addicted to arm when you're pulling these off on a day to day basis. 10 Hours Straight

But seriously, I wake up at 4PM, turn my computer on, log in, do about an hour or two of manga, open cMud and play ARM, sleep at 7AM.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

When you brag to your friends at work about what a great time you had last night playing arm..

and they have no idea what you're talking about..

but you continue to remind them of what a great time it was..
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on February 09, 2010, 10:42:31 PM
When you look down at the little clock in the bottom right hand corner of your screen and it says 3:00 PM.

AND YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO PICK YOUR DAUGHTER UP FROM SCHOOL AT 2:30 AND IT'S A FIFTEEN MINUTE DRIVE!!!!!

I am surprised you didn't get a phone call  :o

Quote from: perfecto on February 15, 2010, 06:43:24 AM
When you brag to your friends at work about what a great time you had last night playing arm..

and they have no idea what you're talking about..

but you continue to remind them of what a great time it was..

Haha I do this to my best friend lol! Although.. it got her wanting to play it >.< Which is awesome
A staff member sends:

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on February 07, 2010, 05:55:31 AM
You try fixing your crazy hours of sleep by playing more Arm, failing and instead only making your sleeping schedule crazier and come to the conclusion that more Arm is needed to fix it.

When you're logged on for 20+ hours to try and get your sleep schedule right. = nearly every day. :x

When you finally get your sleep schedule right - going to bed at nearly 8pm EST, you wake up at 3am only to be wide awake after no sleep for 24 hours before - to pop in for more Arm time.

When the people you play with begin to wonder OOCly if you -ever- sleep. :x
After knocking back a mouthful of the contents of a full shot-glass, toking away on a rolled joint directly afterwards you say in desert-accented sirihish:
"They call me Tuber, and my son is Tuber-tot."

Quote from: Attana on February 15, 2010, 03:05:45 PM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on February 07, 2010, 05:55:31 AM

When you're logged on for 20+ hours to try and get your sleep schedule right. = nearly every day. :x

When you finally get your sleep schedule right - going to bed at nearly 8pm EST, you wake up at 3am only to be wide awake after no sleep for 24 hours before - to pop in for more Arm time.

When the people you play with begin to wonder OOCly if you -ever- sleep. :x
To the point to having to OOC it. >.>

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.