You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

December 05, 2009, 05:02:02 AM #575 Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 05:08:09 AM by HTX
Quote from: morrigan on December 05, 2009, 12:16:53 AM
That's..crazy. No one had a problem with you doing this? If someone came across somebody skinning roadkill here, they'd freak out and call the cops.

Oh, I didn't stop in the middle of a highway and start skinning a carcass there and then, heh, I skinned it back on my property. I guess if anyone saw me they rather didn't care or thought I was just a hunter harvesting meat from their kill (I live in a small town, and hunting isn't exactly unheard of in these parts... so...)

As I didn't do the killing myself (all animals were beyond help) I didn't infringe on any laws or hunting restrictions to my knowledge (heck, the cops were even informed of the dying kangeroo but there were no animal welfare services in the area to come and provide assistance, so I claimed the carcass for myself). I just used the carcasses for educational purposes rather than letting them rot, so I think I got the legal and ethical high grounds.

And thanks for the advice, Twilight.

Quote from: HTX on December 05, 2009, 05:02:02 AM
That's..crazy. No one had a problem with you doing this? If someone came across somebody skinning roadkill here, they'd freak out and call the cops.

Oh, I didn't stop in the middle of a highway and start skinning a carcass there and then, heh, I skinned it back on my property. I guess if anyone saw me they rather didn't care or thought I was just a hunter harvesting meat from their kill (I live in a small town, and hunting isn't exactly unheard of in these parts... so...)

As I didn't do the killing myself (all animals were beyond help) I didn't infringe on any laws or hunting restrictions to my knowledge (heck, the cops were even informed of the dying kangeroo but there were no animal welfare services in the area to come and provide assistance, so I claimed the carcass for myself). I just used the carcasses for educational purposes rather than letting them rot, so I think I got the legal and ethical high grounds.

Ahh, I see. For some reason I just had an image of someone squatting down on the side of a road, hacking away. :p

Quote from: morrigan on December 05, 2009, 08:14:37 AM
Quote from: HTX on December 05, 2009, 05:02:02 AM

Ahh, I see. For some reason I just had an image of someone squatting down on the side of a road, hacking away. :p

No, that's just how it's -actually- done in Arm.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: HTX on December 04, 2009, 01:54:55 AM
True story:

I just spent my birthday outside on a hot summer's day (it's summer over here in Australia), getting swarmed by a huge cloud of flies as I cut open, dissected, butchered and skinned dead animals for hours on end with nothing but two blunt knives....

...Just to teach myself about skinning so I can do more detailed and realistic skinning emotes on Armageddon.

Is that badarse or what?

Too bad I didn't have any stone knives to work with (I cheated and used metal ones, I'm ashamed to admit - I'm going to try and get some stone tools so next time I stumble upon a kangeroo road-kill it'll be a more authentic Armageddon skinning experience).

They have books for this, you know:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Guide-Skinning-Tanning-Complete/dp/1585746703/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260025044&sr=8-3
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I'm sure that you know, as a medical student, books are adequate to impart everything about cutting into flesh and blood.

I'm sure that you know, as a gamer, you don't need to know everything about cutting into flesh and blood.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Damn.. I won't ever be an addict.. Even though I don't need to work right now - my year-old project has been completed, accepted and being readied to be sold, other folks will sell it for me - I have spent the last two weeks

- Cruising aimlessly with my wife and kid
- Trying to teach my one-year-old daughter numbers 1-10 in vain
- Trying to teach her the commands 'give', 'take', 'come', 'fetch' etc.. Mostly succesful
- Composing a whole frigging CD of my daughter's favourite TV commercials - the little bastard hates cartoons but loves commercials.
- Practising for a clubber dance competition with my wife for the new year's eve - the chubby, brush-like moustached man is here wiggling his bottom - yep we WON, yep I'll send the movie of my winning dance if I can get my hands on it.

Now I'm getting worried. I love ARM more and more every day and I fear if one day I'll not find the locomotive force to push me away from my computer. Are you _serious_ abou some stuff written in here? Like, moving for only better connection for ARM?
Q  : Where do you piss?
Yam: On elves.
Q  : And if the area, lacks elves at the given time?
Yam: Scan.

Not entirely, no. I actually had a couple of damned good reasons for it. But my favorite thing about the moving was the better connection.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

When your passwords are all Armageddon related to help you remember them.

Quote from: Synthesis on December 05, 2009, 09:58:56 AM
Quote from: HTX on December 04, 2009, 01:54:55 AM
True story:

I just spent my birthday outside on a hot summer's day (it's summer over here in Australia), getting swarmed by a huge cloud of flies as I cut open, dissected, butchered and skinned dead animals for hours on end with nothing but two blunt knives....

...Just to teach myself about skinning so I can do more detailed and realistic skinning emotes on Armageddon.

Is that badarse or what?

Too bad I didn't have any stone knives to work with (I cheated and used metal ones, I'm ashamed to admit - I'm going to try and get some stone tools so next time I stumble upon a kangeroo road-kill it'll be a more authentic Armageddon skinning experience).

They have books for this, you know:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Guide-Skinning-Tanning-Complete/dp/1585746703/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260025044&sr=8-3

Or even the original Joy of Cooking:

I try to only use cookbooks which detail the preparation of squirrel and opossum.
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

When you see a cage on the side of the road and think "Hey, I need a cage IG, I should pull over and gra..... Wait, how would I get it IG though? Damn."
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

When you suddenly realize that you're subconsciously waiting on your app approval when your lazing around, feeling lost and empty all of a sudden and is stalking your own email inboxes. :p
Veni, vinci, voici.

I'm okay on my own.

I had a horrible dream a few nights ago.

I woke up to my brother panicking at my computer (I sleep right next to it.) I look over, and I see the beloved Mantis head on my monitor! I check my email and see that my latest, greatest character is indeed dead.

I wake up, immediately roll out of bed to check, and I find that my character really did die. Furious, I stomp off, wake my brother up, and confront him about it.

..then I REALLY wake up.

You know you're addicted to Arm when you have this kind of shit attack you in your sleep.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

I have had two Arm-themed dreams, and I have been PK'ed in both.

Feeling the withdrawals after one day without a character. Oh, how addicted I have become.

When watching the movie Avatar and thinking the people that wrote that HAD to of played a Halfling at some point.

Quote from an online discussion in a world building game:
Them: What yall doing?
Me: Armageddon.mud  Come on by.
Them: where did u find it???
Me: Recommendation from a friend (some) years ago.  I am hooked.  The best RP ever, but very world and RP intensive.
Them: is there a website???
Me: www.armageddon.org
Me: but, honestly, first time I looked at the documentation, it scared me off.  3 days of reading later, I was ready to submit an application for a character.
Me:  WELL worth the effort
them i cant find it
Me: google armageddon mud
Them: what now???
Me: armageddon.mud homepage.  Read everything you can get your hands on.  Forget family.  Forget loved ones.  Forget work, money, love, hate...
Me: there is only armageddon. 
Me: Welcome!
Me: These are your Armageddon years....we've been waiting for you.
Them:how do i sign up???

Hope you read this!
The mottled, tattooed half-elf stops using his dusty long-legged brown cricket.

Think Poor cricket...

You know you're addicted to ARM when one of the few things you regret in life are a mistake you made with a character.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

You know your addicted to Arm when you don't realise you've been playing for 6 or 7 or 8 hours solid >_>
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."

Quote from: zeia on January 16, 2010, 08:04:04 PM
You know your addicted to Arm when you don't realise you've been playing for 6 or 7 or 8 13- 20 hours solid >_>

Fixed.
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

Damn =P Although that was only my one for today.. I was on for damn near 11 hours the other day without realising haha
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."

When your first thoughts waking and last thoughts of the day are of armageddon.

I once told a girl that's how you knew you were in love with something. =(
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on January 17, 2010, 12:32:21 PM

Hahaha ouch!
A staff member sends:

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on January 17, 2010, 12:32:21 PM

Arm and Gunnerblaster sitting in a baobab...
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>