You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

You have a text-based nightmare about 2 other characters with the same sdesc as your character killing it.

Thankfully that was a short nightmare  :'(

Quote from: Cutthroat on May 15, 2009, 09:35:34 AM
You have a text-based nightmare about 2 other characters with the same sdesc as your character killing it.

Thankfully that was a short nightmare  :'(

lol

> kill tall
You swing at yourself, but miss.

> kill tall.muscular

> kill tall.muscular.man

>flee self
You panic, and attempt to flee.
The tall, muscular man blocks you from going through the east exit.

> flee self
You panic, and attempt to flee.
The tall, muscular man blocks you from going through the west exit.

> emote wide-eyed, @ cowers in the center of the alley, his entire body trembling with fear
Wide-eyed, the tall, muscular man cowers in the center of the alley, his entire body trembling with fear.

Stepping from the nearby shadows, the tall, muscular man says, in criminalish:
     "Drop pack."
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

When you wake up at 3am because you can't remember if you logged out of the game.
Go and check the computer only to find that your PC is dehydrated and starving at -8 hp and dies moments later. You are upset of course but go back to bed.

You wake up at 5am and decide to put in a new app before work, log in and cannot find the create new char option and it takes a full five minutes for you to realize that you had dreamed the death.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Nothing else compares and you (albeit fleetingly) wonder if you can breastfeed and roleplay at the same time.

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Your character gets an echo of having a headache, and you spend 10 minutes staring at your computer wondering if that's the same instant your RL headache got started.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

..when pressing Enter right after typing your Arm username, you immediately type in your Arm password. Outside Armageddon.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on May 31, 2009, 11:53:01 AM
..when pressing Enter right after typing your Arm username, you immediately type in your Arm password. Outside Armageddon.

Yeah, I probably do this in half the emails I write staff... i probably send half those without noticing it until it's too late.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I was writing a telnet chat app last night. Used my Arm username as the username to log into it, then immediately sent my lecturer my Armageddon password :(
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

When you chant spells to yourself, just to see what happens.

When you say to your self "it's just a game," Then you realize no.... it's not.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

After years of not caring about the game despite a few failed attempts to get back in... you find yourself staying up three hours past when you should have gone to sleep on a work night. And don't care. :(
Mansa to Me: "You are a cancer to ArmageddonMUD."

... when you look at the clock and go "It's 4 AM?!"
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

When you look up at the clock and have to quickly find an outside window to stare, in disbelief, at the rising sun.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Comrade Canadia on June 01, 2009, 02:57:35 PM
After years of not caring about the game despite a few failed attempts to get back in... you find yourself staying up three hours past when you should have gone to sleep on a work night. And don't care. :(
Quote from: Zoltan on June 01, 2009, 06:47:07 PM
... when you look at the clock and go "It's 4 AM?!"
Quote from: FantasyWriter on June 01, 2009, 09:36:11 PM
When you look up at the clock and have to quickly find an outside window to stare, in disbelief, at the rising sun.

Uh... when you realize you have flipped over your hourglass for the millionth time in a row without logging out of arm.

You have been playing for 32 days and 19 hours.

And have only aged three years.
Grebber - One who grebs.

You have been playing for 19 days and 10 hours.

And you've barely aged one year. And your character was created with a month already on her.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Quote from: Jdr on June 02, 2009, 12:49:45 AM
You have been playing for 19 days and 10 hours.

And you've barely aged one year. And your character was created with a month already on her.

Holy crap. But how much of that time did you spend LD?  ;)
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

None of it. I am just VERY DEDICATED TO MY CLAN. >:[

Edit: Harr harr, smartie. I fixed my internet issues since my last PC. :P

You realize that's about 12 hours a day, right?

Quote from: Jdr on June 02, 2009, 02:13:42 AM
None of it. I am just VERY DEDICATED TO MY CLAN. >:[

Edit: Harr harr, smartie. I fixed my internet issues since my last PC. :P

:)

That's how I'll always remember that character, you know. "Awesome, it's <JDR>!" Initiate RP... oh, there she goes again.   :'(
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 03, 2009, 01:21:37 AM
You realize that's about 12 hours a day, right?

Usually more. :D

... IF you're working for 8 hours that only leaves 2 left for sleep...  :o

when...... it's 06:30 GMT and you are still playing because your circadian rhythm is upside down from finishing nights a week ago.
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

Since i got laid off, I have been playing an insane amount of hours.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 03, 2009, 01:29:41 AM
... IF you're working for 8 hours that only leaves 2 left for sleep...  :o

A normal person only needs 2-4 hours of sleep a day. Pfft.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."