You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

When you're not afraid to die, because you've got a really cool concept you'd like to try out....

IRL.
quote="Naiona"]I don't know nothing 'bout birthin' no muls, Miss Scarlet!  I don't know nothing![/quote]

Quote from: FantasyWriter on June 03, 2009, 02:06:21 AM
Since i got laid off, I have been playing an insane amount of hours.

Heh, that'll be me soon. Clannies rejoice!  ::)
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

June 03, 2009, 05:49:52 PM #402 Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 05:52:28 PM by path
Quote from: ShaLeah on May 15, 2009, 10:33:17 PM
Nothing else compares and you (albeit fleetingly) wonder if you can breastfeed and roleplay at the same time.

Can. Child-tested and mother approved.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

I tried too, but my wife got pissed and wouldn't cooperate.  :'(
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: Treestone Capricorn on June 03, 2009, 04:21:52 AM
When you're not afraid to die, because you've got a really cool concept you'd like to try out....

IRL.

Reincarnation?
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

When you get upset over changes to the game that don't really matter.

em raises a guilty hand.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

...when it takes the place of all of those little things you used to do. I haven't let Armageddon mess up my social life or career based things, but it has absolutely killed all of those little fun hobbies I used to have. I don't watch television anymore, no time for building websites, writing... I excercise a lot less than I used to, and I've forgotten how to speak an entire language.

Thanks?  :-\
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: jcljules on June 03, 2009, 09:45:56 PM
I excercise a lot less than I used to, and I've forgotten how to speak an entire language.

I keep telling myself that I'm going to start working out for an hour a day again. I always log onto Arm right after waking up, and don't log off until I'm about to pass out.

I also quit studying Latin, so I don't really REMEMBER any of it... Thank god all my tests were open book. I would not have gotten my A's otherwise.

I SWEAR I'm going to exercise tomorrow! If you see me on AIM, yell at me, ok?
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

When you seriously consider taking a thesis topic that relates to modeling the moves and balance for a human body... just so you could improve on it later and use it to determine the realism in a halfling killing an inix.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

When you get ambushed by NPCs, watch people get cut down IG, somehow survive - and end up shaking IRL so badly that when you go to open up a litre of soda, it actually explodes due to your minute hand tremors.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Quote from: Nyr on June 05, 2009, 08:37:57 AM
Moderated some posts.  I understand that this issue brings up strong emotions, but please act like adults (and stay on topic).

???

When a GDB debate over a command brings up strong emotions in you.

When you come back from say a 2 month break and you type in sit, instead of sit bar.

When you wonder if Red Bull is an imported version of Red Sun with the name changed.
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

... you seriously mentally balance logging into Arm against having tons of sex. Whew... It was only for a moment, I swear!  :-[
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on June 11, 2009, 11:58:27 PM
... you seriously mentally balance logging into Arm against having tons of sex. Whew... It was only for a moment, I swear!  :-[

I'm glad you made the reasonable choice and logged in. ;)

Quote from: jcljules on June 12, 2009, 12:17:27 AM
Quote from: Zoltan on June 11, 2009, 11:58:27 PM

I'm glad you made the reasonable choice and logged in. ;)

Anyone who would play a fantasy game filled with butt-ugly characters that smell like dust and sweat would easily turn down sex :P

I have never turned down sex to play Arm.

I have left immediately after sex to rush back to my place so that I could save my character when I remembered I left him idle in an outdoors room.

I came back to an entire screen of starving/dehydrated messages, unconscious... but he lived, oh yes. I got the secks too.

I gave up after sex cuddling to play arm. Win and win.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

You e-mail in some new craftables and that night dream your character was crafting them.. log on in the morning to find alas, you have yet to make the spiffy new item, nor do you even actually possess that skill needed to do so.  :-\
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I dreamed about getting approved for the noble app.  :-\
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I spent 1 hour 40 minutes to get to campus and find a good place to play Arm. (Campus internet doesn't block Armageddon, unlike the net at home)

Quote from: tortall on June 03, 2009, 11:59:10 PM
Quote from: jcljules on June 03, 2009, 09:45:56 PM
I excercise a lot less than I used to, and I've forgotten how to speak an entire language.

I keep telling myself that I'm going to start working out for an hour a day again. I always log onto Arm right after waking up, and don't log off until I'm about to pass out.

I also quit studying Latin, so I don't really REMEMBER any of it... Thank god all my tests were open book. I would not have gotten my A's otherwise.

I SWEAR I'm going to exercise tomorrow! If you see me on AIM, yell at me, ok?

I still have time to exercise. I run.. while pretending I'm a desert elf.
Kah?
Quote from: Return of the King (1980)
It's so easy not to try,
Let the world go drifting by--
If you never say, "Hello,"
You won't have to say, "Good Bye."

When you get so into your character, you feel everything they do while logged in...
love, heartbreak, anger, frustration, fear.

Damn IC relationships to DROV!!!!!!!

the short, bearded man logs off and goes to bed.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

When you happen to see some stick lying on the ground, with some duct tape wrapped around it, and you think..

An ashen torch has been dropped here.
Quote from: Scarecrow on February 21, 2014, 04:45:46 PMIn Zalanthas, people don't dig graves with shovels, they dig them with their own tongues.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on July 02, 2009, 05:41:52 AM
When you enjoy RPing with an individual or group so much IG, that you change your sleep or work schedule just to better match their play times.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Having just come back from a very long break (measured in years and years)... I realized old habit become new, refound addictions very easily as I am buying lunch at the cafe at work, looking at the nice asian man and writing his description in my head.... yes in text.  :)

Thin whisps of jet colored hair stick out of the side of his dingy bone colored baseball cap. 

That kinda crap!  True story!
Nothing to see here