You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 29, 2009, 02:39:17 AM
Quote from: Agent_137 on April 15, 2009, 04:04:28 PM
Quote from: SMuz on April 15, 2009, 12:33:44 AM
Quote from: Maso on April 14, 2009, 09:20:07 PM
...you go on holiday to Thailand and enjoy it because you get to play Arm in a bikini and your timezone allows for peak play. 0.o

(and its totally 'method RP' with the weather)
Didn't take a photo of playing Arm in Thailand?

the appropriate statement is "pics or shens"

p.s. maso is a girl? pics or shens.

Because I do things without peoples consent.

You just get more and more upset knowing THIS person was responsible for the death of one your characters.

Hah, rogue, I let out a lol at this entire post.

May 01, 2009, 05:23:35 PM #351 Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 06:47:11 PM by Maso
I'm really confused now.

Who did I kill?

EDITTED TO ADD:

I'd also like to know why it's upsetting. :(
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

You killed me. Remember that time when we had sweet, sweet mudsex, and you just backstabbed me in the heart? With your words.

[rerail] You know you're addicted to Arm when you go to the uni library to play Arm, on a weekend, just because they don't have a firewall.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

No lie.

When you're on your way to work and see a landscaper pickup on the road in front of you.  The lawn mower in the back has a sign on it that says "WP1040" and you think to yourself, "Hmmm.  WarriorPoet makes lawnmowers?"
The mottled, tattooed half-elf stops using his dusty long-legged brown cricket.

Think Poor cricket...

WarriorPoet does everything. He probably makes lawnmowers too.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I bet WP owns lawnmowers.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: Jingo on May 06, 2009, 04:38:30 PM
I bet WP owns lawnmowers.

Yes, but only the ones he makes.....and those big enough to run over mekillots........I think i just shit myself.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

May 10, 2009, 01:56:24 AM #357 Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 02:00:57 AM by SMuz
Here's a weird one. Some spam mail I'm getting recently is related to my PC's sdesc and updates. I wonder where the hell they link my PC's sdesc to my email? Especially when I don't put that email address anywhere. ???

You know you're addicted to Arm when spambots classify you by your sdesc.
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on May 10, 2009, 01:56:24 AM
Here's a weird one.

Some spam mail I'm getting recently is related to my PC's sdesc and updates. I wonder where the hell they link my PC's sdesc to my email? Especially when I don't put that email address anywhere. ???

hax0rz
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

That's actually really scary. Unless the staff are selling our info for moneyz (to buy brainz).

When you ask a coding friend to try and come up with a cell-phone app that lets you play via text-messaging and such.
Quote from: SynthesisI always thought of jozhals as like...reptilian wallabies.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.
Kinda like a My Little Pony that could eat your face.

I own a lawnower that doesn't work. I did not craft it myself.

I usually just borrow my dad's when I can be bothered to mow the lawn at all.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

...when you can't log off Arm or the forum even though you're getting zero action and you really need to sleep.

Quote from: Maso on May 10, 2009, 06:23:30 PM
...when you can't log off Arm or the forum even though you're getting zero action and you really need to sleep.

When this happens to you every night. When you click "show new replies to your posts" two seconds after posting, knowing full well that there aren't any.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: jcljules on May 10, 2009, 10:48:46 PM
Quote from: Maso on May 10, 2009, 06:23:30 PM

When this happens to you every night. When you click "show new replies to your posts" two seconds after posting, knowing full well that there aren't any.

Yep. Just....yep.

...when you app a new character and then go into withdrawal when the app hasn't been approved four hours later. And it's only 9 a.m.!
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Quote from: Aruven on May 01, 2009, 03:55:40 AM

You just get more and more upset knowing THIS person was responsible for the death of one your characters.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about here.

When you find out your girlfriend is cheating and your first thought is "That's awesome, now I have more time for Arm!"
Was that the rapture!?

Quote from: vandamme on May 14, 2009, 03:45:15 PM
When you find out your girlfriend is cheating and your first thought is "That's awesome, now I have more time for Arm!"

<3 Earl
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: vandamme on May 14, 2009, 03:45:15 PM

Lol, sadly, that's not uncommon.

That's the most intelligent thing you've ever said.

Quote from: Eloran on May 14, 2009, 10:13:18 PM

Troll much today?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on May 14, 2009, 10:30:06 PM
Quote from: Eloran on May 14, 2009, 10:13:18 PM

Troll much today?

I'm drunk. Shut up.

Eloran, 3. Fantasy Writer, 0.

You know you're addicted to Arm when you wake up on a Sunday Morning and you think,

"Okay, I'm going to have a lazy day today.  I'll play Arm for an hour and then do my laundry, and maybe grab some tacos later for dinner."

You log on to Arm.  You begin playing.  Sixteen hours later you realize that you're still playing and that it's almost time for bed and that you didn't get the laundry done and you've forgotten to have dinner altogether (and lunch for that matter.)

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 14, 2009, 12:30:54 PM
Quote from: Aruven on May 01, 2009, 03:55:40 AM

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about here.

I do things without people's consent  :D

P.S - you Who c and there 5 people online and you still manage to sit around and play for a few hours. Like... right now.