You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

when I find random stuff lying around work, and I wonder how much sid I could get for it.
Quote from: AJM
Only noobs quote themselves.

Quote from: AJM on March 22, 2009, 09:56:49 AM
when I find random stuff lying around work, and I wonder how much sid I could get for it.

HAHA! When my restaurant moved into a new building, there was SOOOOO much stuff from the restaurant that closed down there five years ago... I so won the "apartment" game that day.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

March 22, 2009, 03:07:18 PM #302 Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 03:15:56 PM by Jingo
Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 22, 2009, 02:14:02 PM
Quote from: AJM on March 22, 2009, 09:56:49 AM

HAHA! When my restaurant moved into a new building, there was SOOOOO much stuff from the restaurant that closed down there five years ago... I so won the "apartment" game that day.

I remember playing an elf a few years back and acting like a kleptomaniac in real life...

I remember marveling at all the useless junk peope just left around. Ripe for the taking.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I apply my real life kleptomania to my elf characters.

Ok here it goes... When much like christmas as a child I remember being to excited to sleep, and then waking up a few hours after finally falling asleep to rush out and open presence. Then spending the day in a uphoric state of alertness, and dazed tiredness that washed the body in these warm tingly charges as I would pass out and walk up to keep playing and eating..

Yes, Arm is that way for me... each time I have a day like this in game it brings a viseral feeling of those childhood days.. so much I can even taste the day in my mouth.. oh wait thats the wired coating  I get from waking and sleeping and waking... and being thirsty.. oh Ha ha.. well figured that one out. But still... It goes remind me of christmas.

*giddy little fists reach timidly into the air infront of my chest and waver back and forth as I cheese for glee*
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on March 22, 2009, 11:09:48 PM
Ok here it goes... When much like christmas as a child I remember being to excited to sleep, and then waking up a few hours after finally falling asleep to rush out and open presence. Then spending the day in a uphoric state of alertness, and dazed tiredness that washed the body in these warm tingly charges as I would pass out and walk up to keep playing and eating..

Yes, Arm is that way for me... each time I have a day like this in game it brings a viseral feeling of those childhood days.. so much I can even taste the day in my mouth.. oh wait thats the wired coating  I get from waking and sleeping and waking... and being thirsty.. oh Ha ha.. well figured that one out. But still... It goes remind me of christmas.

*giddy little fists reach timidly into the air infront of my chest and waver back and forth as I cheese for glee*
Your awesome, Potaje.

I hate to say it but I play for the rush. Just those moments that make my heart jack-hammer in my chest, the blood in my face feeling like it's on fire.

It was a rush I never received from any other form of roleplaying.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Moofassa on March 23, 2009, 04:22:45 AM
You're

I think the lion fell asleep on the keyboard.  lol.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

When every time I go to the Armageddon home page and see:

Armageddon is a highly modified DIKU MUD,

I see

Armageddon is a highly addictive DIKY MUD,

Every single time.
The mottled, tattooed half-elf stops using his dusty long-legged brown cricket.

Think Poor cricket...

... when you catch yourself getting a tad emotional at the keyboard. Ugh.  ::)
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Preacher on March 24, 2009, 10:02:40 PM
When every time I go to the Armageddon home page and see:

Armageddon is a highly modified DIKU MUD,

I see

Armageddon is a highly addictive DIKY MUD,

Every single time.

Just reading your post, I saw that. Before I even looked at the second line

*blinks*
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

I really wish I had the ability to store people's names in a text-editor IRL without them noticing it, like I do now in Arm.

When you accidentally type using your characters accent/way of speech when sending out an email to co-workers.

Quote from: Zerack on April 09, 2009, 03:29:43 PM
When you accidentally type using your characters accent/way of speech when sending out an email to co-workers.

Derrick, you FILTHY NECKER, you broke the build.

Yarr.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: alicedavignon on April 06, 2009, 06:35:30 PM
I really wish I had the ability to store people's names in a text-editor IRL without them noticing it, like I do now in Arm.

This is bad when your boss finds his name on the list and it looks like this:

The balding, chubby man - Roger Stevens - My boss, wants me to write up a report on how shopping for clients can be included in their rehabilitation. Bit of a jerk. Snogged his wife at the christmas party.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

When you decide to go to the club, and think >Forage hottie.......

You search the dancing figures and find a monstorous horror

craft Horror

With a few more shots you could create:
A slim blonde figure
A slim redhead figure
A slim brunette figure

Craft horror into redhead

You begin downing shots of anything you can find.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

KoI passes out and when he wakes up, he finds that the horror has stolen his pants, his wallet, and tattooed a picture of half-giant penis on his forehead.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

April 14, 2009, 07:31:24 AM #317 Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 07:38:08 AM by SMuz
..when the first thing you type when you reconnect to a chat room is "l"

and when you type "l (nick)" instead of "/whois (nick)"
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on April 11, 2009, 04:42:21 AM
KoI passes out and when he wakes up, he finds that the horror has stolen his pants, his wallet, and tattooed a picture of half-giant penis on his forehead.

Worse, Kol wakes up, turns over to find the monstrosity is a male half-giant..........

Oh the perils of Jagerbombs
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Starting at around 9pm last night I played until I was too drunk to continue, idled until sobriety only to play into the wee hours of the morning.. still drinking. It's 10.30am, and bedtime fellas, ladies. My character is still alive and that in itself is a feat worthy of a badass breakfast before I nod off on the couch.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

The word 'Fuck' has entirely left my vocabulary.

Luckily, 'Feck' has replaced it.

Feckin Sirihish!
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

...you go on holiday to Thailand and enjoy it because you get to play Arm in a bikini and your timezone allows for peak play. 0.o

(and its totally 'method RP' with the weather)
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

... when your first-grader has heard you talk about Armageddon so much that he can knowledgeably tell you all about this "elf" he has who "kills carru," "lives in Tuluk," and "has lots of gold."  (Apparently the stone-coin thing hasn't sunk in yet)
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Maso on April 14, 2009, 09:20:07 PM
...you go on holiday to Thailand and enjoy it because you get to play Arm in a bikini and your timezone allows for peak play. 0.o

(and its totally 'method RP' with the weather)
Didn't take a photo of playing Arm in Thailand?

No. >>
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game