You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

When you grow breasts from using too much steroids and having your testicles removed then being pumped with hormones.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Quote from: FuSoYa on March 11, 2009, 12:37:27 AM
When you grow breasts from using too much steroids and having your testicles removed then being pumped with hormones.

Brandon

lol wut?
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Brandon

Dude! You didn't get back on the sauce, did you?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

When you spend more time and effort cooking IG than you do IRL.

I travelled to another settlement for seasonings and picked some rare food of my own for the ride back.. at the same time IRL I heat up a pizza pocket so I have enough time on arm to make sure my pc makes it to his hometown before dusk to cook his new foodz.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 11, 2009, 01:40:57 AM

Brandon

Dude! You didn't get back on the sauce, did you?

Hahah... no just being an idiot.

I'll catch up with you soon FW.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

You know you are addicted to the GDB when ...

When you need to refresh the GDB while totally nekkid and just out of the shower, before anything else.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

..when you wake up at 1.40 AM after having a dream about your character, then write an update to your clan imms. Also, if you end up typing up entries in a character's biography while opening Notepad++ to take notes.

Bonus points if you haven't played Arm in 13 days :P (withdrawal symptoms, probably)
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

March 11, 2009, 11:56:12 PM #257 Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 11:59:14 PM by Jingo
When you log into arm before you even know it.

Before I realize it, I've logged into my character and am talking to his boss. When all I wanted to do was print off some homework.

When you notice that two days have been added to your character timer without you even realizing it.

When you wake up in the morning and have to sort out whether you are your character or not.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

When you suddenly realize youve been on for 48 hours sraight......

I'm going bed...
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

When , like I just did, you hang up the phone and say "shade" instead of "goodbye"  ;D

When you hook up an IV, insert a cathature, and pop uppers too stay awake.... To fake an accident at work so that you can get disability and never ever have to stop playing arm, ever again...ever, ever. To clone oneself and work in shifts....YES ARM...*drools*
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

When you realize you've been staring at the same line of text for an hour while waiting for the game to reboot.
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

When you realise your skillset is the same as guild_assassin.
your mother is an elf.

When you seemed suprised after opening your front door.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

When you see PC and don't think personal computer. No, no. PC ONLY stands for player character. Inventory of all the PC's totally means he got immed and looked at every single PCs inv. Yup. Make sense.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: Moofassa on March 12, 2009, 07:35:12 PM
When you realise your skillset is the same as guild_assassin.

When you realize that that your friend is very much like guild_assassin. So you check yourself over and come to the realization that your own skillset is more like that of subguild_house servant.
Quote from: AJM
Only noobs quote themselves.

When you wish your boyfriend was an Arm'er so you could play Arm together instead of watching tv/going to the movies/going on dates/etc.        :-\
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on March 14, 2009, 07:47:21 PM
When you wish your boyfriend was an Arm'er so you could play Arm together instead of watching tv/going to the movies/going on dates/etc.        :-\
Heh, I wish my gf was an Arm'er; I'll probably gonna subtly try to get her to play. I'll slooowly start introducing her to crappy RPGs, once she starts getting bored with those, I'll give her a hit of Crackageddon.
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on March 14, 2009, 09:01:25 PM
Heh, I wish my gf was an Arm'er; I'll probably gonna subtly try to get her to play. I'll slooowly start introducing her to crappy RPGs, once she starts getting bored with those, I'll give her a hit of Crackageddon.

LOL, the first hit's ALWAYS free, eh?
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

It's all good and fun until you have to PK her, then it's the couch for the next three days  :-\
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on March 15, 2009, 12:42:41 AM

It's all good and fun until you have to PK her, then it's the couch for the next three days  :-\

speaking from experience, eh?  lol.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

Quote from: Malken on March 15, 2009, 12:42:41 AM

Is that the only thing keeping you from PKing me? ;)  :-*

When you are offered a job that will switch you from shift work with 7 days off out of 14 to a Monday to Friday job and one of the most important considerations on taking the sweet new job with huge advancement potential and long term benefit is that it will seriously reduce the amount of time you get to play.
The mottled, tattooed half-elf stops using his dusty long-legged brown cricket.

Think Poor cricket...

When you consider moving across the pond just so you can regularly play during peak.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Preacher on March 15, 2009, 07:31:54 AM
When you are offered a job that will switch you from shift work with 7 days off out of 14 to a Monday to Friday job and one of the most important considerations on taking the sweet new job with huge advancement potential and long term benefit is that it will seriously reduce the amount of time you get to play.
Ouch, dude. You shouldn't even have to consider that.