You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

January 26, 2009, 02:54:07 AM #175 Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 02:57:14 AM by Winterless
Quote from: Thunkkin on January 26, 2009, 12:19:19 AM
Quote from: AJM on January 25, 2009, 11:59:09 PM
Quote from: Wolfsong on January 25, 2009, 10:44:54 PM
...when this makes you smile way more than it should, and snicker a little, too.

emote is left speechless.

The video title is incorrect ... Daler Mehndi is a punjabi sikh, so "arab" is a bit of a misnomer.

Nonetheless, this is what I imagine the gemmer quarter looks like most evenings.

Except... it's titled Tuluk Tuluk, and those men are obviously 'gickers. They would be Tuluk's worst nightmare. Oh! That gives me an idea for the Odd Urges thread!

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Man... we used to get soooo wasted and watch that video on a projector in our college dorm room. We had the dance down pat. Down pat.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

January 29, 2009, 06:14:05 AM #178 Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 06:18:31 AM by musashi
You tab away from the mud client window to vote ... three times during one play session.

EDIT: Jesus ... now every time I think about an 'gicker casting magick I envision scenes from that Tunak Tunak Tun video ... I don't think I can RP magick as scary anymore.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: Armaddict on January 26, 2009, 02:46:32 AM
When you consistently play the game for a decade.

I hit my ten year mark, this year.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: musashi on January 29, 2009, 06:14:05 AM
You tab away from the mud client window to vote ... three times during one play session.

EDIT: Jesus ... now every time I think about an 'gicker casting magick I envision scenes from that Tunak Tunak Tun video ... I don't think I can RP magick as scary anymore.

Raising your hands out high abouve your sing,
"Droop droop da
Droop droop da
droop droop da da da da"

Cast 'mon un buninators fireballs maimus' tuluk

Kudo's to anyone who uses this in game.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

You highlight text on webages and in documents because you realize that it is more comfortable reading in negative light.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on January 29, 2009, 01:08:15 PM
You highlight text on webages and in documents because you realize that it is more comfortable reading in negative light.

Bwahaha! I do that all the time, to many confused and annoyed on-lookers. (One word, two words? Hyphenated, not?)
your mother is an elf.

Quote from: Moofassa on January 29, 2009, 08:31:48 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on January 29, 2009, 01:08:15 PM

Bwahaha! I do that all the time, to many confused and annoyed on-lookers. (One word, two words? Hyphenated, not?)

My roommate does that. Drives me insane when I'm trying to read something and he keep clicking and highlighting and moving the page. I want to shoot him.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

You pass up the opportunity to go to a seafood joint, on someone else's tab, to play Arm.  (And yes, I am a larger person)
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

When you realize you've never been addicted  :-X

When you dream about riding a large cockroach.
Quote from: Rahnevyn
QuoteWhat is the difference between a Highlord and Overlord?
OLs are like HLs on steroids. They make the Really Big Decisions that affect the course of the entire game.

When you write up a solo emote script at 1 AM. Possibly one that you'll never even use. And then force yourself to sleep, so you could wake up at 6 AM, when all the peak players are in the game. Crap, it's become a bit of a routine - brush teeth, turn on Internet, toast some waffles, enter Arm, then take a shower during the next IC night or weekend.

Quote from: Gagula on January 30, 2009, 10:55:47 PM
You pass up the opportunity to go to a seafood joint, on someone else's tab, to play Arm.  (And yes, I am a larger person)
..but that is just crazy.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

When you are browsing the TV listings and you jerk back with surprise at seeing a show called "Spice".
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

A bag full of raw meat doesn't look so bad afterall if you get hungry.

(It looks great if you are Ghost, and said bag of meat is actually a bag of dicks)
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

You know your addicted when you play other games but still continue to reference back to ARM.

"Dude! That boss just 2-hit my character, wtf?"

Then you and your friend go into joking ARM dialogue:

Big monster tailwhips you on the body, doing horrendous damage.
You reel from the blow.
Big monster slaps you on the body, doing frightening damage.
<Game Title>
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

When you're sitting in front of your computer naked because you just got out of the shower (45 minutes ago), with four minutes left to get out of the house to go to work or you'll be late and you're reading this thread from start to finish and debating on logging in just to see if there's any new posts on the IG boards pertaining to any scheduled RPT's.

Crap... make that two minutes.
After knocking back a mouthful of the contents of a full shot-glass, toking away on a rolled joint directly afterwards you say in desert-accented sirihish:
"They call me Tuber, and my son is Tuber-tot."

Quote from: Attana on February 01, 2009, 03:28:12 PM
When you're sitting in front of your computer naked because you just got out of the shower (45 minutes ago), with four minutes left to get out of the house to go to work or you'll be late and you're reading this thread from start to finish and debating on logging in just to see if there's any new posts on the IG boards pertaining to any scheduled RPT's.

This exact thing happened to me yesterday.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: jcljules on February 01, 2009, 09:01:41 PM

Happens to me all the freaking time. It's why I had to move my computer out of my room. Now I don't go on until I've showered and dressed.

Quote from: Winterless on February 01, 2009, 09:35:33 PM
Quote from: jcljules on February 01, 2009, 09:01:41 PM

Happens to me all the freaking time. It's why I had to move my computer out of my room. Now I don't go on until I've showered and dressed.

I tried that. Moved mine downstairs with all my roommates computers, in an attempt to be social as well. I just tromp down the stairs first thing in the morning. Might stop in for morning stuff.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

When you die in another video game and don't understand why no mantis head magickally dominates the screen.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I got so mad at something my character did that I haven't played in three days. What an asshole.
your mother is an elf.

Quote from: Moofassa on February 02, 2009, 02:18:19 AM
I got so mad at something my character did that I haven't played in three days. What an asshole.

Hehe, I have gotten pissed off at my PCs for things they did for IC reasons before.
It's a pretty odd feeling.
Grebber - One who grebs.

^ Yeah.

Similar to the face-palming "Dear Ginka, WHY does s/he insist on doing that?" moments.

You find yourself looking forward to surgery because not only is it paid time off, but you get to hang out at home and play arm all day.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."