Caravans

Started by FantasyWriter, November 26, 2008, 11:34:48 AM

That is a very excellent idea, Betaal, especially if it is easily implemented. It would give guards and mercenaries something to do while travelling, and the extra goods and whatnot is just smashing.

Perhaps the space for people riding along could be limited, so as only a few PCs could actually hitch a ride? That would certainly bring down the number of PCs using an NPC automated service, and surely I'd love to have an argosy of my own with cheaper prices, or a faster set of beasts.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

For Arm.1 fixes:

PCs with access to clan wagons should post about offering rides
The byn should get a shotty ol' wagon for their schedualed trips

Add a rumor board at the gates -- telling if someone is interested in getting a ride on such-and-such date and about what time.   
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Sorry to be the Necromancer of ancient posts but I really, really wanted to see this idea implemented.

I think it'd bring alot more "life" to the world.

Having a caravan that moves from Allanak to Luirs, then to Tuluk and back would be amazing. Maybe staying at each location an In-game week before moving to the next town in line?

It doesn't even have to "travel", to be honest. Like a certain camp south of Luirs, it could just randomly appear in a different location each in-game week or something...
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on October 18, 2009, 04:32:13 PM
Sorry to be the Necromancer of ancient posts but I really, really wanted to see this idea implemented.

Having a caravan that moves from Allanak to Luirs, then to Tuluk and back would be amazing. Maybe staying at each location an In-game week before moving to the next town in line?

It doesn't even have to "travel", to be honest. Like a certain camp south of Luirs, it could just randomly appear in a different location each in-game week or something...

Be the change, blah, blah.

If you write up the descriptions for the base, the rooms in it, the caravan, what it holds, the NPCs that man it, etc, and submit it, maybe staff'll build it, since you went and did a lot of work for them.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Pale Horse on October 18, 2009, 10:21:02 PM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on October 18, 2009, 04:32:13 PM

Be the change, blah, blah.

If you write up the descriptions for the base, the rooms in it, the caravan, what it holds, the NPCs that man it, etc, and submit it, maybe staff'll build it, since you went and did a lot of work for them.
Yeah, I actually  might do that instead of complaining. It might be fun.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.