New 'rynthi lifestyle...

Started by Cenghiz, May 17, 2003, 02:53:56 AM

I don't want to give out IC info but some of us know that a new thing started in 'rynth. Even a few 'sids is good money in 'rynth, so my character stopped what he was doing. He tries to use the advantage of his experience over the weak and earning in a strange way. Most of 'rynthers started this business, I believe, because it's logical IC to do what earns you coins.
But don't you think it's too much advantage for the 'rynthers? It's too much money we earn for a filthy 'rynthi rat.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Its hard to discuss something without mentioning what it is... my personal advice is to email the mud account with what you think of the situation and what you might suggest be done about it. Others who think the same thing might do the same.
 great evil walks Zalanthas...
Master Z has arrived from the west!

The new chance is greatly obvious for the 'rynthi chars. So I'm sure the staff who had a glance at the 'rynth knows how even a newbie may earn too much.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

'rinth, man, 'rinth.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Ops... sorry...

Thanks for the feedback.  I've been watching what people are doing with this quest and agree it's a bit too rewarding.  Look for some changes next week.

Dyrinis

or how but how a rinth rat even starts out with as many sids as one starting in regular nak, now, obviously if that was switched and you wanted to twink, youd start out in nak and move into the rinth...but...yea.

heh ;), and that money is just enough temptation to go buy yourself something worth stealing.
Veteran Newbie

Ops... Ouch.... etc.. I did that... accidentally I just pointed 'nak for my last 'rinthi char. Then wished up for the accent, it didn't appear, so began a new plot for that. My aim wasn't to behave twinkishly. I even didn't know that the 'rinthi people recieve less starting coins.
And.. Thanks to the staff. Of course it'll be harder but I believe without that advantage I mentioned, 'rinthi people will be less agreessive.

no no no...I meant they start out with the same coins (a lil different eq though)

I meant they should start with less
Veteran Newbie

They should start with virtually none really. I've heard before of players junking all their coins as soon as they start their 'rinth character and it's something I'd do next time I get around to creating one. Should give you the sense of desperation that many 'rinthers would feel as hunger begins to take hold. If you're new to the 'rinth though I'd suggest keeping your coins until you get the feel of the place.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

Then you wouldn't be able to get any tattoos that your character might have collected over its life, or buy some important item you need for your concept.
I think you're supposed to junk the rest after that.

I'm pretty certain that you cannot junk coins. I guess you could take a walk and drop them somewhere though.
I hope life isn't just one big joke, because I don't get it.  -- Jack Handy

I'd just walk around giving a couple here and there to different NPC's, making a note that it was completely OOC.  And by a couple, I'm talking no more than 10 to any one NPC.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Without the easy coins a 'rinther character is much more interesting to play. And junking the coins... Yep that's what I'll do when I start another 'rinthi.
And.. Thanks to the player who played out the situation of not finding his weapon in sheath. I thought you were a NPC, so emoted without a fear of twinkishness, then you respected the IC situation. But I'm still in doubt. He was too similar to a NPC. Were you an imm?

Does it matter?
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

I had a thief type guy recently that died within the first two hours near Tuluk.  When you come back you have nothing and I mean nothing.  You run around naked trying to make ends meet.  It was really pretty cool since the character was a low life anyhow.  So I was really desperate for coins and robbed and scavanged whatever I could.  I kinda enjoyed the fact that he had nothing and really had to do whatever it took.  His demise came too soon but I think I will definitely play another desperate character.  Someone who will do anything for sids.  When I get a bunch I'll blow it on spice, drinks and such.  Then I'll be desperate again.  Sounds like a good concept to me.  Don't have to play this in the Rinth either.