Changing Movement Speeds

Started by Shiroi Tsuki, October 30, 2008, 03:10:24 PM

I think it's pretty counter-intuitive that you can't go from 'running' to 'walking' because in the meanwhile you've rested, so you instead get the message -

You feel too relaxed to do that.

Wait, what?  I'm too relaxed to stop running?

I've also had issues with sneaking after taking a sit or rest, when I've forgotten that I was sneaking, even though I have this in my prompt.

It would be cool if your movement speed would default to walking upon sit/rest/sleeping.  At the very least, it would be nice to be able to set it back to walking without feeling 'too relaxed' to do so.
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

Agreed, being able to adjust movement speeds in all of the positions would be ideal, since that seems more like an OOC command than an IC on anyway.

Meaning ... when you type walk or run, until you actually start moving there isn't any echo of IG effect ... it's just a toggle.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

You can put what your movement speed is in your prompt if you have trouble with this. Just after you stand, type walk. Simple. No code fix necessary.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Sounds like they just need to remove a blurb of code, but I don't know shit when it comes to that area. I'm all for the idea, if not for Arm.1, then Arm.2.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

You're the only one that sees when you change your speed as far as I can tell. It does not echo to the rest of the room.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Tortall is right.  Others in the room can't see when you change movement speeds.

Personally, I always have my position (standing/sitting/resting/sleeping) and my movement speed (walking/running/sneaking) in my prompt.

Like the above posters, I believe we should be able to change movement speeds from any position.