Annual graph

Started by Myrdryn, October 25, 2008, 07:56:18 PM

October 25, 2008, 07:56:18 PM Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 08:04:38 PM by Myrdryn
Here is something interesting I thought players might be interested to see.  It is a graph of who's online over the past year.  Don't ask me what the gap at the begining of Octoberer is.  I'm not sure how accurate the numbers on the left are, however it does give a good idea about player trends throughout the year.

November 2007-October 2008
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

October 25, 2008, 08:00:13 PM #2 Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 08:02:05 PM by Xygax
The October gap occurred as a result of a bug in my stats-collection tools.

It's worth noting that the values shown here are average values, not peak.  The peaks are quite a bit higher.

-- X

Quote from: Marauder Moe on October 25, 2008, 07:57:33 PM
In before Gimf.

Do you have numbers of average joins and things like that graphed as well?
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on October 25, 2008, 08:12:51 PMDo you have numbers of average joins and things like that graphed as well?
No, I had meant to, but it was less obvious to track, at the time and I never got around to adding it.  Soon, perhaps.

-- X

You said the peaks were higher, do you have a graph of that?

This graph is awesome.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

I haven't massaged rrdtool enough to make it do maxes for that longterm chart, but here's a weekly for right now.

-- X

Quote from: Xygax on October 25, 2008, 08:00:13 PM
It's worth noting that the values shown here are average values, not peak.  The peaks are quite a bit higher.

Yeah, I was gonna say the peaks should be higher. I like it.

Y'all are just fortunate I was actually out having a LIFE tonight (for once), so you could get in first.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Graphs make Gim horny.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

October 26, 2008, 07:52:10 PM #10 Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 01:26:19 AM by FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on October 25, 2008, 10:38:55 PM
Graphs make Gim horny.
And I think Gim makes graphs a little horny.
This is interesting; I've heard before the on the GDB that September and October were the busiest, the idea being that young people who started playing Arm over the summer would run back to schoo and tell their friends about it. Maybe this means we get a slight bump in new accounts in September/October, but less players online each night (as the graph indicates), 'cause people are busy with work, college and school?
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Never heard about Sept/Oct. It's always June/July/August when we spike.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

QuoteYeah, I was gonna say the peaks should be higher. I like it.

Gimf likes high peaks.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

And lots of them, like shadow says. You all know me so well.

As 7DV says, the annual peak is in the summer, not in the fall. (I've got the numbers to show that elsewhere, feeling lazy at the moment.)
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Is it possible to get another graph of new information?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I made some different graphs.

Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

I wonder how many of the special requests are due to more players (most?) and how many are due to the wonderous Request Tool. So much easier to send in a kudos now as a special request (hint hint, people)
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I want more graphs!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Man- somebody listened to my random tiny want all that time ago!

Thank you!

*loves graphs*

I'd like one of the # of unique accounts logged in each week.

Actually, Myrdryn posted this TODAY in the Publicity subforum:

March 2008 - October 2009
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

If I read that correctly, it looks like we peak in the summer and drop around when many players are returning to school. Nothing too surprising there!

Quote from: mansa on October 26, 2009, 06:11:32 PM
Publicity subforum

?? I want in...  :(
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Publicity subforum is EXCLUSIVE.

You can email me if you want in.   ;)  Warning, due to the nature of what we aim for this group to achieve numbers are kept small so first in first served.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Quote from: Adhira on October 28, 2009, 12:03:31 PM
Publicity subforum is EXCLUSIVE.

You can email me if you want in.   ;)  Warning, due to the nature of what we aim for this group to achieve numbers are kept small so first in first served.

I don't understand.  What is the publicity subforum?

A forum for players that are actively working on publicity for the game.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.