Heart Wrenching/Inspiring Scenes

Started by Desertman, October 14, 2008, 03:25:02 PM

Quote from: tortall on October 14, 2008, 04:26:00 PM
Quote from: Desertman on October 14, 2008, 03:25:02 PM
I cant remember who I was playing at the time, but I remember years ago watching my Byn Sergeant Stevith give "burial rights" to a fellow Bynner of ours who died.

I remember Stevith. My PC was more scared of him than Zak.

Most emotional moment:
When Xanto, who I believe was working for the Naki militia, jumped up onto a table at the Gaj, pulled out a ring, and proposed to my char. It was SOOOO cute. I almost cried IRL. Later when I hadn't been able to log on for a few days he apparently though I had died and got really drunk and stumbled around the Gaj wailing that I was dead. I learned about this MUCH later.

Then there was the wedding for the same char. Fale estate. She used to be a Bynner. I think I still have that log... Good times man!

Yes, I KNOW people don't have big marriage things. It was fun. The Fale Lord(Kojiro) was the one who "married" us.

People often tell me of these scenes I was a part of that I forget.  In part because I'm a method rper.  so when I rp a bynner I do so covered in @#$@.  When I rp a Tor I get all dressed up in fine military wear.  When I play a Kuraci I do it with a joint.  When I play a completely insane Fale Noble who faked their death, frequently cross dressed, and did a whole lot of other things I'm not proud of at night with Mansa, well.. lets just say it took a lot of drug intervention and rehab in order to get my life back in order again.  

P.S. My most heart breaking scenes.. I think one time I discovered to my horror the entire estate was empty of drinks (as that particular noble).  The last scene (as known by planned retirement) was something else. Much else would be a bit recent.

Quote from: Is Friday on October 15, 2008, 11:40:06 AM
Getting banished from Allanak with nothing but some pants and I think maybe a shirt of some kind.

Unless you've been banished from Nak more than once, I'm pretty sure we threw you out nekkid, after stripping you down at the intersection of Caravan and Commoner's. I'd have to check my logs to be sure, though...so many beatings, torture sessions, and harsh disciplinary actions tend to run together in one's mind over time.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: roughneck on October 15, 2008, 11:47:15 AM
I had a half-elf commit suicide in public in a last ditch effort to feel in control of his destiny and escape his shame.  It was after I had brought down some rich Tuluki ranger and I returned to find the whole city searching for me.  A Tor noble contacts me with the way after having my desc passed on and I agreed to go meet her on caravan road where she offered me the arena or banishment.  My pc went on a tirade about his shameful existence and then shoved a sword through his gut.  They decided to torture me anyways but it was a fun scene and one were I never more fully experienced the shame and beat-downedness of commoner life in Allanak or life as a half-breed.
That was you? That was the strangest moment of mundane play I have ever experienced. You shoulda been dead, too ... if only a staffer coulda put the bleed code on you so that you actually died. I kept roleplaying that you were dead ... but you weren't, so I suppose the rack was the way to go thereafter.

Kudos on doing something off the wall and cool.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on October 15, 2008, 01:53:03 PM
I had a half-elf commit suicide in public in a last ditch effort to feel in control of his destiny and escape his shame.  It was after I had brought down some rich Tuluki ranger and I returned to find the whole city searching for me.  A Tor noble contacts me with the way after having my desc passed on and I agreed to go meet her on caravan road where she offered me the arena or banishment.  My pc went on a tirade about his shameful existence and then shoved a sword through his gut.  They decided to torture me anyways but it was a fun scene and one were I never more fully experienced the shame and beat-downedness of commoner life in Allanak or life as a half-breed.
That was you? That was the strangest moment of mundane play I have ever experienced. You shoulda been dead, too ... if only a staffer coulda put the bleed code on you so that you actually died. I kept roleplaying that you were dead ... but you weren't, so I suppose the rack was the way to go thereafter.

Thanks man, it was pretty natural on my end with the character I had but I could tell everyone else was kinda stunned.  It was cool that people let me follow through with it all without subduing me or something.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on October 15, 2008, 11:56:35 AM
Quote from: Is Friday on October 15, 2008, 11:40:06 AM
Getting banished from Allanak with nothing but some pants and I think maybe a shirt of some kind.

Unless you've been banished from Nak more than once, I'm pretty sure we threw you out nekkid, after stripping you down at the intersection of Caravan and Commoner's. I'd have to check my logs to be sure, though...so many beatings, torture sessions, and harsh disciplinary actions tend to run together in one's mind over time.
Maybe it was naked.

She went on to do awesome stuff, too.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: roughneck on October 15, 2008, 02:26:05 PM

Thanks man, it was pretty natural on my end with the character I had but I could tell everyone else was kinda stunned.  It was cool that people let me follow through with it all without subduing me or something.
I was under the impression that suicide was a fairly rare thing to hear/see in Zalanthas.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

That's why it was so damned strange.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I was playing a Byn Sergeant named Rellion at one point a while back and me and my men were out doing a "spider run" for a templar.

Well we were riding along and wouldnt you know there just happened to be eight tarantulas all in the same square who rushed us. I was leading and pulled the men away before the spiders could aggro-attack us, but they started beating on a Trooper of mine named Marta before I could get away, so I led the entire group blindly back into the fray in an attempt to save the lone Trooper. (Probably not a smart decision, but a noble and honorable one. My Sergeant loved his Troopers like they were his own children, long emotional story there.) The spiders proceeded to whoop us down. Marta got away as far as I know. BUT, there was a kid Trooper of mine, I cant remember his name but he was awesome and my character thought of him as a son. I couldnt flee due to some special code that I wont go into and I knew I was going to die, and I kept shouting for my men to break off and run, to save themselves, but that kid stayed with me to the end. It was epic, and I dont exaggerate when I say my heart was more broken for the loyalty that kid showed my character than I was over losing my character.

Kudoes to you kid, you rocked.

I was there too as a trooper, though I can't remember which Byn PC of mine it was.  It was a pretty intense scene.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Didn't really matter to anyone else, but I'd been playing the character for nearly four years.

She had a major spice addiction, and I never let up on it.  She snorted spice at regular intervals and got unusually uncomfortable and unstable without it.  I kept that spice addiction up for a year and a half.  I logged in one day, roleplayed waking up, rolling over, picking up her spice tray, sniffed her normal spice wakeup call and *beep!*.  Mantishead.

I was so shocked that I cried (feel a little stupid about crying, but... well... yeah, I did).
"This is ourselves.... under pressure."

October 15, 2008, 07:15:17 PM #34 Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 07:24:04 PM by Sakra
This is a place to post your most inspiring/heart wrenching scenes from Armageddon over the years. (More than a year old and not containing any characters that  you know to still be alive of course.)

I cant remember who I was playing at the time, but I remember years ago watching my Byn Sergeant Stevith give "burial rights" to a fellow Bynner of ours who died. I cant remember how they died, I want to say it was from IMM animated gith we ended up defeating. Either way I remember we covered the body with a cloak, of course we took what items were more interesting in true Bynner spirit, and then we left the corpse to the buzzards, the way it should be. I remember watching my Byn Sergeant and I truly felt like the player of that character was feeling the loss of one of his beloved underlings. Back in the city, he proceeded to get a bit drunk, and then punch an elf in the face out of saddness turned to anger.

It was epic, and it made me love the game just that much more.

I played Stevith, and I'm sad to say I only have vague memories of that. I get involved with every character, and that was a -long- time ago.

As for heart wrenching stories, the worst one I ever had was when my characters mate died in childbirth. He broke down and drank himself stupid, he never really recovered.
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

My character's rakish but much-loved boyfriend was disappeared...in Allanak.

Everyone knew what had happened, but no one would tell her.

I blame Sakra.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I watched this hidden in the crowd, and it was disturbing.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

October 15, 2008, 10:04:20 PM #38 Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 10:13:43 PM by Only He Stands There
Watching a funeral/wake of my favorite character about a day after it died.

Hearing people talk about my past characters way, way after they're gone.

It always inspires me to know that I affected PCs long beyond the grave.

Quote from: Cutthroat on October 15, 2008, 08:33:14 PM
Anything with that damned pit was heart wrenching.

:)

Were you there for that one time?

That was fucking awesome on my end.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on October 16, 2008, 12:33:02 AM
Quote from: Cutthroat on October 15, 2008, 08:33:14 PM
Anything with that damned pit was heart wrenching.

:)

Were you there for that one time?

That was fucking awesome on my end.

I seem to recall having a pretty intense scene with your first character, Rogue. If that was you.

Exiled blind and burnt up and stumbling from the gates of Allanak only to run into an unstable fat merchant with a penchant for violence. That guy had some luck.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

There were a few instances where a character of mine was forced to execute someone he considered a friend, and for reasons he disagreed with.  If the players of any of those characters are reading, I'm sorry.   :'(

Also there was a certain player's first character who fell in love with a certain gemmer of mine and got pregnant.  They argued a lot, though.  They had some of the best fights ever, including one where they were both being dragged off to jail by the militia but were still shouting at each other.  Eventually my character outright made plans that once the baby was born he and his gemmer cronies were going to steal it and possibly kill the mother.  It never came to that, though, as one day she decided to go hunting alone, got shot up by gith, and consequently lost the child.  There was a touching scene where they went and buried the child in the desert.  Afterwards he told her that he never wanted to see her again, and he never did.

October 16, 2008, 11:17:42 AM #42 Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:58:49 PM by Nyr
The most amazing death I have ever experienced... and also probably the most traumatic... my PC's lover had disappeared for nearly an IG year (for OOC reasons that I didn't know about) and she had an affair with a Templar. When [edited] came back, he [had something nasty occur to him], and when he found out about her affair (and she lied to him, which he couldn't forgive) they had this huge scene in a dirty little room there near the Barrel.

She professed her love and said she would die for him. He said, "Will you, really?" And cut her still-beating heart out with a knife she had given him as a gift. Then [stuff that should probably remain entirely in-character happened] just before BEEP.

I heard later he carried her heart around for a while. And talked to it. Until he ended up dead himself.

-edited by Nyr

Quote from: Marauder Moe on October 16, 2008, 10:12:19 AM
There were a few instances where a character of mine was forced to execute someone he considered a friend, and for reasons he disagreed with.  If the players of any of those characters are reading, I'm sorry.   :'(

Also there was a certain player's first character who fell in love with a certain gemmer of mine and got pregnant.  They argued a lot, though.  They had some of the best fights ever, including one where they were both being dragged off to jail by the militia but were still shouting at each other.  Eventually my character outright made plans that once the baby was born he and his gemmer cronies were going to steal it and possibly kill the mother.  It never came to that, though, as one day she decided to go hunting alone, got shot up by gith, and consequently lost the child.  There was a touching scene where they went and buried the child in the desert.  Afterwards he told her that he never wanted to see her again, and he never did.

I threatened to gut that gicker lovin' bitch and feed tha' baby to my mount.

You paid the Guild to have me killed, and it worked.

I loved that storyline.  :)
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

It remains one of my favorites ever too.

October 16, 2008, 12:23:46 PM #45 Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 12:41:33 PM by Iota
One time, my PC and her lover were in Red Storm, and she dropped something and an NPC elf picked it up. My lover's PC, "Pookums," (I kid you not) wanted to start a fight with it and went "hit brawltest," but apparently neglected to note that NPCs are not subject to the brawl code and died in an amazing NPC spamfest.

I had to quit playing for awhile to bury my face in a pillow and cry. I've only cried like six or seven times in the five or so years I've played here, but this was particularly bad for me for some reason in spite of a complete lack of drama surrounding the death.

She was pretty upset about it, too, and she didn't know what to do with the body. She didn't want to leave it out in the sand or in that nasty pile by the water temple, so she took it home to her apartment in Allanak and put it in her bed and cried herself to sleep beside it.

Later on, maybe like a few IC days later, she brought someone home to mudsex with and I completely forgot about leaving body there. We were about halfway through the act when I realized that she'd never taken the body out and I went "exa" on the bed we were on and saw that it was still there. I started crying again because it was so awful. She started crying horribly, too, and I think that guy who she was screwing thought it was just because she was having a really good time or something and started doing it so hard the bed started to shake with all three of us on it. It was all really horrible.

OMG!  :o

Did he ever realize there was a corpse in the bed?

That is absolutely hilarious.
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

Quote from: Marauder Moe on October 16, 2008, 12:32:24 PM
OMG!  :o

Did he ever realize there was a corpse in the bed?

Apparently not. I think by the time we were done, it had decayed (codedly disappeared) or something. It was pretty surreal, and I felt like a terrible person/twink. I roleplayed putting the body in the hamper and leaving it out on the street. I think an NPC beggar ended up picking it up.

October 16, 2008, 12:41:04 PM #49 Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:37:42 PM by Nyr
[Story edited by Nyr.  This all occured well within the last year--please do not post stories or IC details from the past year. - Nyr]