Heart Wrenching/Inspiring Scenes

Started by Desertman, October 14, 2008, 03:25:02 PM

Man, Malifaxis. You terrible spreader of sensitive info (sarcasm). There's still a certain elf alive
who tells the story of that Skinny's ending now and then.

Great character, by the way.

Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

I remember the Stel's being murdered off. I think my character might have been paid not to take and interest in it, or have forced someone else to ignore it...I can't remember now but I don't think he liked them much at all.

I remember Malifaxis, Bashar, and that chair. It's been a while now, but I hope you know that you were sleeping across the hall not only from myself and a certain arena champion, but also the void mage I wanted to keep near me for protection. :)

The one I personally remember as being the most heart-wrenching was sitting in the Guillotine with a certain templar, and making a bond of brotherhood because we were both alone in the world.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Desertman on October 16, 2008, 11:21:07 AM
Quote from: Marauder Moe on October 16, 2008, 10:12:19 AM
There were a few instances where a character of mine was forced to execute someone he considered a friend, and for reasons he disagreed with.  If the players of any of those characters are reading, I'm sorry.   :'(

Also there was a certain player's first character who fell in love with a certain gemmer of mine and got pregnant.  They argued a lot, though.  They had some of the best fights ever, including one where they were both being dragged off to jail by the militia but were still shouting at each other.  Eventually my character outright made plans that once the baby was born he and his gemmer cronies were going to steal it and possibly kill the mother.  It never came to that, though, as one day she decided to go hunting alone, got shot up by gith, and consequently lost the child.  There was a touching scene where they went and buried the child in the desert.  Afterwards he told her that he never wanted to see her again, and he never did.

I threatened to gut that gicker lovin' bitch and feed tha' baby to my mount.

You paid the Guild to have me killed, and it worked.

I loved that storyline.  :)

Ha ha... those were such good times.  Not to mentioned she cheated on him (and then tried to blame it on him) about two million times.

That one time where they got dragged off together though.   That was just perfect.  I wish I'd knew about logs then.

The whole city was talking about that one if I recall correctly.

Then I died in such a stupid, stupid way.  I was not happy.

My first karma was with a character that was a half elf.  But she didn't want anyone to know and she got by because she looked human.  She hated herself for it though.  And only ever confided what she was to one person.  Her mate.  She joined Salarr and completely abused the half elves in her unit.  Calling them "It" and "Ugly" and snubbing them worst of all. 

This isn't really emotional but OOC but it was kind of exciting IC!  I couldn't believe how well a little IC deception worked off.  There was a dwarf that was above her in rank and the only one better than her in the ring.  One day he decided to go off and find some "friend" in the desert.  Before he left he asked my character if I had any water.  She said no.  (She did.)  So off he went, asking her for directions into the Red Desert (she kindly pointed him in the direction to the largest gith nests she could think of.)  A few hours later he was running around dehydrated and in my head begging me to tell the Sergeant he needed help and water.  I assured him I was doing just that (I wasn't).  At his worst the Sergeant came 'round and found his head.  In his urgency the dwarf never mentioned me... and died a square or so inside the gates.  I never got caught!  Mwahaha.  After that I "mourned" him with everyone else in my unit.

With the same character she eventually got into some deep shit with a magicky item.  Having not reported said item she was beaten and the ranking family member ordered the other to kill her and left.  But the Journeyman in charge told her to leave to talk to the Templarate after beating her half to death.  Even though they had taken all of my things I gathered up some stuff and an erdlu (back then they were bugged) so I got a little ways from the city before I realized I couldn't actually back on the thing to ride it.  (Argh!)  My friend helped me and it wasn't long before she was magickally involved and practically going insane with forces that were way beyond her (or even my ooc) understanding.

Her mate eventually caught up with her and she told him the whole thing, knowing she could never go back to civilization she lingered in the wild a little, cut off from everyone.  After her mate (a Borsail soldier) ultimately betrayed her and told everyone her story, she turned herself into the Allanaki Templarate and gave some befuddled recounting of all of the crazy events that had occured before being killed in her jail cell cursing her mate in their heads the whole way.  From what I understand her mate was eventually thrown into the pit in Allanak for his involvement with her.

Ah, another Zalanthan love story.

November 03, 2008, 03:39:23 PM #79 Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 04:01:38 PM by Delstro
The last character that I fleshed out completely from A to Z and everything in between, was a 13 year old female character that I had planned from beginning to death at the age of 86 years old. Well, everything was going good, I was recruited into the Atrium as planned and worked/lived there for a good couple weeks. Well, I was getting really into the role of her craftiness when I would make specific house goods, then sell them to people at discounted prices or to the grocery store. Well, it went good for a week and a half before my teacher pulled me into the room of many deaths. Her gypsy lover started screaming at me because his brother just got murdered at the gates for having spice. Cool. Well, then he killed me. I was screaming, pleading, and emoting my ass off, thinking, and just really trying to save my character. My two killers were emoting well and really made the whole scene come alive. Alas, I was brutally murdered, rolled up into a carpet and then discarded across town.

My brand new PC after that just happened to be a room away from where he dropped the body, watching it the whole time. It was truly a complete coincidence that I was there; I was heading down to buy a chisel from a shop, I came directly from buying clothes in the bazaar which was directly from the Gaj. My pc confronted him later in the tavern, and then I was struck down by the Imms for carrying information from a previous character. Heh. Go figure.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

The laziest and easiest way to PK someone is definitely to lead them into ye olde locked room. It preys on certain people's natural social tendencies.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on October 28, 2008, 11:04:07 AM
On top of that, somehow this woman had gotten tied up in some messy business in the 'rinth, though she said she wasn't actually involved (and I believed her).

To the best of my knowledge, that woman (my PC) really wasn't involved in rinth matters. She was scared of rinthers and tried her very best to avoid them. I don't know where the rumors were coming from, at some point later the PC was approached by a rinther who also mentioned 'some rinth business' she was supposedly involved in (a big HUH? moment for me) and tried to convince her to work for them. I can only guess that at some point there was a successful scheme in which my PC's identity was used by someone else, or rumors were spread to achieve some unknown goal.

That's one of the Arm stories I'll never forget myself, Moe. :)