Play syntax

Started by Ammut, October 10, 2008, 12:55:17 AM

Hi again.

>play whistle
You sound a sweet, shrill tune upon the whistle.

Since there is no helpfile on the command "play," I thought I'd ask here about it.  I searched the gdb posts for anything regarding this subject but none of them really answered the question I have.  Is it possible to use command emotes with play, or play a different type of tune?

No. If you want to do something other than that, you emote it.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Thanks for your speedy reply, Gimf :D

Wow!  Another command I never knew about.

Though yes, emoting would be the way to go.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PMbrandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

I'd like the potential for some instruments to be sounded through the surrounding rooms when you use play, and keep emoting to the single rooms. Like war drums...and trumpets (don't know if those exist IG...)...and whistles.
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

Hey! Thanks for that tip..you are a better "help file" reader than me.  I had resigned myself to just bashing away with emotes.
Made my day.

Quote from: solera on October 10, 2008, 02:19:39 PM
Hey! Thanks for that tip..you are a better "help file" reader than me.  I had resigned myself to just bashing away with emotes.
Made my day.

Seeing more than one use of the "play" command during a bardic performance would make my head feel like exploding. Even one is possibly too many.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Semper on October 10, 2008, 11:14:11 AM
I'd like the potential for some instruments to be sounded through the surrounding rooms when you use play, and keep emoting to the single rooms. Like war drums...and trumpets (don't know if those exist IG...)...and whistles.

Yes plz.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

>play wardrum (with three hard thumps and two softer taps)[ and repeats the cycle five times.]

With three hard thumps and two softer taps, you play a set of gith-skull wardrums, and repeats the cycle five times.

With three hard thumps and two softer taps, the grey man plays a set of gith-skull wardrums, and repeats the cycle five times.

To the west: With three hard thumps and two softer taps, someone plays some drums, and repeats the cycle five times.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: Semper on October 10, 2008, 11:14:11 AM

I once witnessed a horn item years ago that, when used, could be heard from all cardinal directions one room away.

Dunno if there's any items like that anymore.

October 10, 2008, 08:22:14 PM #10 Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 09:04:18 PM by fourTwenty
I know of at least one horn (not sure if it's an instrument really) that can be heard from quite a few rooms away in all directions.
Though, uh, upon thinking about it it may be uniquely coded.
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

Quote from: fourTwenty on October 10, 2008, 08:22:14 PM
I know of at least one horn (not sure if it's an instrument really) that can be heard from quite a few rooms away in all directions.
Though, uh, upon thinking about it it may be uniquely coded.

Focus: Blow a horn thrice daily. Forever. ;D