Keywords and the Way

Started by Sully, May 15, 2003, 12:36:20 AM

I have been having BAD problems with the Way. I'll use a name as keyword a few times with the way, and it works fine. Ten minutes, an hour, a day later, it says I've never heard of anyone like that. When I use an sdesc keyword, It will work occasioanally, but most of the timeI get a random elf/dwarf/whatever. Is there any way to know for sure what keyword will work -all- the time?

I am thoroughly bothered by ths, as I'm sure a particular elf is as well. Sorry man!

When you get the message "You've never heard of that person" it means that they are unavailable to contact: logged off, dead, or possibly unconscious (unsure about that last). Using a person's name is usually the best bet, though sometimes a name is as common as a keyword, i.e. "Black", the tall, sinewy man.

However, when getting the wrong person when using a keyword/name, keep in mind that the most recently logged in person gets contacted first (after anyone in the same room as you), so you'll always reach a PC before an NPC. Also, you can "contact handsome", "contact 2.handsome" etc.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.