Top ten reasons why you should vote

Started by Barzalene, October 02, 2008, 07:33:08 AM

Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

9. So that once the Imms stop smoking meth long enough to get my account woes cleared up, I will have some new people to harass and molest.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

8.  More newbie boots!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

7. More chances to feel that warm, fuzzy feeling you get when you realize that you just hooked someone on Crackageddon.

4. Knowing that because of you, there are more people in the world to mudsex roleplay with.
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

1. Because, by living under a system of government, you are, very personally, the author of that government's deeds, and therefore intimately responsible for everything your government does.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

3. You never know when we will get a new perspective on something that makes this game 10+ times better.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

2. Because you need minions in order to carry out your plots.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

October 02, 2008, 02:43:40 PM #10 Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 02:47:25 PM by Malken
Quote from: Gimfalisette on October 02, 2008, 02:39:34 PM
2. Because you need minions in order to carry out your plots.

Unless you have awesome stats and are a ranger.

1. Need moar rangers. (with awesome stats)

Not the weiner ones who always ask you if you have a bow on sale that your grandma could pull.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Tis went out of order!   :o
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

Quote from: Shiroi Tsuki on October 02, 2008, 02:47:59 PM
Tis went out of order!   :o

That's only because #5 doesn't make any sense and Tisiphone probably tried to google something clever to add to the conversation, so when she finally found something, she thought we'd be at #1 by then.

:P
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

No, it's because she's reading Hobbes right now, I'm pretty sure. And she doesn't play by the rules. (Top ten reasons we love Tis, #s 8 and 4.)
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Tisiphone on October 02, 2008, 02:15:12 PM
1. Because, by living under a system of government, you are, very personally, the author of that government's deeds, and therefore intimately responsible for everything your government does.

But if you, while living under said system of government, found or join an organization having as a principal goal its violent overthrow?
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on October 02, 2008, 03:28:08 PM
Quote from: Tisiphone on October 02, 2008, 02:15:12 PM

But if you, while living under said system of government, found or join an organization having as a principal goal its violent overthrow?

I've always justified my absence at the polls through a commitment to revolutionary ideals and active participation in political organizations. 
I voted for Arm today. Despite not playing much.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."