Laying down and crawling?

Started by Uglyhead, May 14, 2003, 04:24:36 PM

A bit of an odd little idea I've had today... but it might already be implemented.

Is it possible to lie down while awake? Can you crawl to a nearby room?

Perhaps, if you crawled all commando-style, even a non-sneaksie character could get near (a room away?) someone or something. Lowering your profile would likely make it trickier to scan/look in a direction for you...

Gah. I fear I may have given the Gith a new secret weapon. Oh well.

However, if somebody stumbled in on you while you were crawling, you'd be suffering through some pretty ungood rounds of combat.

Crawling about would also leave some pretty obvious (if mysterious) tracks.

"It looks like something crawled or was dragged into this area from the east.
It looks like something crawled or was dragged out of this area to the west."

Hm? so... what do you think?

I like it alot, of course the movement lag might be.. extreme? Perhaps you can also get yourself nice and dusty too. Just incase you want to be filthy but there are no sandstorms around (like that ever happens)
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

I like this idea a lot, too.  It's not currently implemented, but it's been suggested in various forms in the past.

Don't forget about drunks. Nothing is more annoying than wanting only to crawl into the next room to pass out, and have to deal with "tripping" and falling down seven or eight times. Well, there are things that are more annoying. But it's still pretty damn annoying. If we could crawl and NOT trip when drunk, that'd be awesome. And slow.
Dig?

The visible pissed man drags himself in from the west
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

I think it's a great idea. It seems like a very natural thing people would be able to do, and I'm surprised there isn't something like it already in the game.