Have you had a character die within 3 days played after a s/mdesc change?

Started by Agent_137, August 28, 2008, 10:29:05 PM

Have you had a character die within 3 days played after a s/mdesc change?

nope
30 (34.5%)
no, never had desc changed
24 (27.6%)
yes
29 (33.3%)
no but it was within 5
4 (4.6%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Any request that involves a character alteration seems to involve an unlucky event on the horizon..
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

I've had a spec app die about two minutes after getting an app-involved skill tweak.  Sorry Belenos. :(
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Lol, one of the major OOC motivations to log on and stay alive is having a desc/skill app :P
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

This has never happened to me.  Then again, I have had relatively few desc-changes, even on long-lived characters.

Strangely and notably: My characters usually face a challenge to their life within two-three days of me starting to think about possibilities for my next character.

Sometimes, I live through it.  Sometimes, Mantis-Head.

Morrolan
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: FantasyWriter on June 03, 2009, 12:24:04 PM
I've had a spec app die about two minutes after getting an app-involved skill tweak.  Sorry Belenos. :(
Oh so many times.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I played in a clan where pcs could claim a leadership position by announcing their intent.

The funny part was that I noticed that everytime someone claimed that position, they would die shortly after.

My character even had some superstition surrounding the matter.

But that didn't save him when he got around to reaching for the position himself.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.