Seeking interesting role or landscape

Started by Taven, August 22, 2008, 06:31:12 PM

I've been playing Armageddon for about a year now, have some karma, and have been through a few different PCs, most of them living in Good Ol' Allanak. Allanak has been a great and wonderful place to play, but I've decided that some change in scenery would do me good. Where ever I end up, I need to have active players around me. There don't need to be a TON, as a few interesting and active players go along way, but I prefer to avoid solo RPing. My playing times have been bouncing around a bit, but I can usually get in in the early evening for a nice chunk of time.

So, what's out there?
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Desert elf tribes.

Tuluk.

Luir's.

The wilderness.

Quote from: Yam on August 23, 2008, 05:58:41 AM
Desert elf tribes.

Tuluk.

Luir's.

The wilderness.

I'd love to hear which desert elf tribes are active and kicking. Luirs has always seemed a bit bare to me in players, but I hear Tuluk's numbers are on the rise.

I've gotten some interesting PMs, but would still love to hear more if you have an interesting or exciting place to play, race or area to recommend. Offers on family roles are also great to get.

Come play with me! I'd give you more details but it would be cheating.
Come play near me and I'll recruit you IG. That wouldn't be cheating.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

The Soh are active. The Dune Stalkers are as well, I think.

Quote from: Yam on August 23, 2008, 10:01:44 AM
The Soh are active. The Dune Stalkers are as well, I think.
As are the Red Fangs, Sun Runners, Sand Jakhals, and ATV. They all usually have a few peeps running around.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Here's how I see it.

Tribes/families provide players with trust and roleplay from the start.
Clans provide a network of resources and players.
Being independent has the benefit of freedom and flexibility.
City-states have tribes, families, independents, and clans.
There are two available city-states.
Since you've played in Allanak, play in Tuluk now.  ;D
Plus, Tuluk has patron/partisan relationship, so you also get to be independent while clanned and if you work it well, a part of a family.  ;D

If you want to know more about the advantages and differences between the city-states, there's quite a number of threads on the GDB that talk of this. I recommend folks considering one or the other to read up on them. There are some really good insight there.
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

I'd like to thank everyone for their suggestions! I now have a role.