sTUPID newb L00king for Group!

Started by Versu, August 21, 2008, 12:39:01 AM

I'm looking for somone who plays afternoons west coast time, between 2 and 8pm who'll Enter Zalanthas at the same place/time with coenciding backgrounds for mutual survival/mischeive.

Exchange ideas?

Your title doesn't help much...  :)
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

You're really only allowed to coordinate oocly if you're looking for a family member; looking for friends, enemies, companions, etc through ooc means is highly discouraged and not allowed on the boards.

And yeah, the thread title probably isn't going to do you any favors either.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

There are lots of people playing at the time you mentioned so what I'd suggest is that you just go ahead and create a character and choose either Tuluk or Allanak as your starting point.  From there, try to join a clan as soon as you can and you'll probably find lots of folks for survival/mischief.  :)
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

I think it'd be easier to find someone willing to play with as a family member, than attempt trusting people IC.  People put a lot of information on these boards, except anything useful and as far as I'm aware, people currently use OOC means to communicate a lot.  Whatever, I'm not looking for yahoo friends, I don't alias, script or use triggers and prefer a telnet client. I've mudded some 15 years and have played here six months. I'm a stupid newb cause I haven't lived past three days, I've already joined and done well in several clans and whatev... I'm open to returning to them with a sibling :P

Also! MOST guilds are NO Elves Allowed!

1) Sorry, your original post didn't make it clear that you were looking for a family member.

2) I don't think anyone was accusing you of being bad at the game, being a poor rper, communicating ooc or anything else.

3) My thoughts about the thread title were intended to be helpful, if you sell your self as a 'newb' that can't keep a character alive it's unlikely that anyone is going to be super eager to apply to play your family.

4) Careful about advertising what you're playing on the board, even if its just race.

5)  Good luck!  I mean that as constructive advice, I know tone doesn't carry on the net so I want to be clear about that. ;)
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

I need in game help like: "OFHMGUGN that feck just robbed me, lemny have a drink of some water, oh feck I'm crusty and some people jes spit on me"..

That sort of help.

Quote from: Versu on August 21, 2008, 01:50:24 PM
I need in game help like: "OFHMGUGN that feck just robbed me, lemny have a drink of some water, oh feck I'm crusty and some people jes spit on me"..

That sort of help.

Please note that I'm not ASSUMING this is your motivation, however: If your motivation for having someone play family with you is so that you have another character you can insta-trust, I would ask you to please re-think. For one thing, family member characters in this game have a bad OOC history of doing just this thing, which kind of ruins it for those of us who play families for the relationship aspects rather than to gain any advantage. For another thing, it is possible to learn how to create trusting relationships in game with other characters, and that sounds like a learning opportunity for you.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

It just sounds more like:

"Why don't you go recruit with them" or "Try somewhere else, they might want you" or "Your not doing it right, go away"

Quote from: Versu on August 21, 2008, 02:12:46 PM
It just sounds more like:

"Why don't you go recruit with them" or "Try somewhere else, they might want you" or "Your not doing it right, go away"

??? I'm totally unclear on what you mean.

Here's another idea: If you are looking for family-type relationships where you would have some measure of OOC trust built-in, why not play in a tribe, if you can't find someone to come play a sibling? There are a few coded tribes for humans, and a few for desert elves. It sounds like the Soh are very active right now, and also the Jul Tavan. Other of the tribes may have characters in them ready to play with you as well.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on August 21, 2008, 02:16:05 PM
??? I'm totally unclear on what you mean.

That's what I've been getting from this as well...

Either way, just stick with it and good luck.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

QuoteI think it'd be easier to find someone willing to play with as a family member, than attempt trusting people IC
And I reckon you shouldn't give up the idea of a city clan. I was a minion in one for a long time and I found a lot of trust there on the lower levels. And lots of mayhem.

I think tribal sounds totaly awesome. I like the rinth feel, but not the distrust. I like the city life, but not the law.

Quote from: Versu on August 21, 2008, 03:18:53 PM
I think tribal sounds totaly awesome. I like the rinth feel, but not the distrust. I like the city life, but not the law.

Make friends with the law. ;)

I endorse this poster.  I helped Versu get into Armageddon IRL and he's rad. 
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

August 21, 2008, 03:40:23 PM #15 Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 03:42:21 PM by Versu
common lets get 1337 eq  :-*

Even in tribal life there's law. It's just different law from city law. But actually, it isn't -that- much different. Don't steal from your own people, don't attack your own people, don't piss off the people in charge of your people, don't bring outsiders in without expecting someone to object, if your tribe hates magickers, don't think you can just cast at will in your encampment...

It really isn't that much different, when you get down to it. It's just more of a localized, small-scale thing rather than in a huge city-sized community.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.