Just an idea..

Started by Rogerthat, August 11, 2008, 08:10:54 PM

Didn't really look up other post to see if this has been asked but...
Dont you think NPC's that sell things should be restocked with starting stuff?
In the UnderTuluk we have a few NPC's that start off with GOOD shit to sell...
Then everything gets bought and Reboots never occur..
So what happends? He doesn't get restocked until Reboot?
I find that stupid.

So if you think NPC's should get restocked.....
Help me with this one.. lets see if we can get it through

Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

August 11, 2008, 08:12:10 PM #1 Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 03:12:11 AM by Synthesis
I'm Synthesis, and I endorse this message.

:-*

P.S. However, I cannot endorse the spelling and grammar of said message.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I am FantasyWriter, and i endorse this message.

;)
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I have to agree with this.  With the recent change in reboots, we're seeing longer stretches of time between game downtimes, resulting in merchants running dry of certain useful items for IG weeks and weeks. 

Now that it's possible for shopkeepers to randomly sell to passers-by, I wonder if it's feasible for them to randomly repop items from their normal selling list.  ICly, they would probably be regularly producing or buying similar items anyway.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

I am Yam and I endorse this message using thegunslinger18's emoticon.

8)

Quote from: Rogerthat on August 11, 2008, 08:10:54 PM
Didn't really look up other post to see if this has been asked but...
Dont you think NPC's that sell things should be restocked with starting stuff?
In the UnderTuluk we have a few NPC's that start off with GOOD shit to sell...
Then everything gets bought and Reboots never occur..
So what happends? He doesn't get restocked until Reboot?
I find that stupid.

So if you think NPC's should get restocked.....
Help me with this one.. lets see if we can get it through

With the advent of the virtual ecomony, some shopkeepers will sell out of things they have a limited stock of.  This is overcome by setting certain items to be restocked.

I take a special interested in the area of UnderTuluk.  The NPC shopkeepers in UnderTuluk should be restocking and if they aren't I want to hear about it so I can check into it.  Please email me (and please CC Rahnevyn) about it.  Please include the NPC and the things you think they should be selling that they aren't because of the virtual economy.
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

This issue is the same in the 'rinth. Mainly with one item that's guild-specific.

Actually I think there should just be more than one of said item being sold in various places.

Without going to far into how things work, not that there is already a chance for some rare items to pop up randomly in shops.  I'm not saying that all items are like this, or that all shops have this set up.  If you have concerns about specific shops/items, please either contact your clan staff (if it's your clan's shops), or send it to mud@armageddon.org and we will appraise the situation and correct as needed.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

I don't know if it's already this way or not, but I don't think that the random sales should include items that have been -sold- to the shopkeeper that are not of their normal inventory. Interesting items sold to a shopkeeper as sometimes a rare and special opportunity for the playerbase of that location and it would be sad if these items were sold to vNPC's.

However, concerning the normal inventory of a shop yes. I would like to see the shopkeeper selling and also restocking (for playability restocking should not cause his cash in hand to go down, he's not buying the stock, he's just bringing it in from storage).
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game